Free public transport for ANZ game, but not SFS...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's not a huge deal in the scheme of things, but the Dragons V Tigers game at ANZ has public transport included in the ticket, but out game at the SFS doesn't...

Not sure why?

Our game will be lucky to get a crowd of 20K, the other gane will be 40K. I am sure they will spruik other reasons though, but not enough bums on seat means that they will not spend the money on providing transport, maybe they could have played the game at Brookvale?, nah that just makes too much commonsense

We ALL know this game should have been at Brookvale....they just needed to wait until the teams were decided and then said "ok it's Brookvale"...tough for the staff at the Sea Eagles to have a "maybe here or maybe not" but still doable!!

And MUCH better atmosphere

Why isnt it at Brookvale?

Is this a recent development?

Why werent we told? Surely we could have whinged and moaned about it for the last month.....

Oh hang on.

Its just a conspiracy against us, stay off the grassy knolls in bay 51.

AFAIK the public transport is paid for partly/mostly by ANZ stadium, and this is why you get free transport out there.

It's the same for 90% of games out there, your transport is included in your ticket costs

Haven't you guys heard. Every Manly supporter lives in milion dollar mansions and gets chauffered to the matches. We dont need public transport apparently. Just ONE MORE reason to stick it up Gallop and the NRL as if we need any more.

Ceagle said:
What is the easiest way to get to the SFS from Dee Why using public transport?

Ask your mum for a lift :)

Personally I would jump on a bus or Ferry and then get a cab from there, it's only about $15 from Circular Key to SFS by cab.

Im fairly sure that with ANZ once the crowd gets over a certain figure (it may be 40K but not 100% sure) then public transport is included.

The only exception to this is the swans who organised free transport as part of the deal of playing some games out there. So this has nothing to do with the NRL or Manly.

WTF...hmmm

Anyway yeah Circular Quay, or as my boss in the US calls it Circular KWAY

In case people missed it, this isn't a conspiracy against Manly, it is just that ANZ tickets 90% of the time include public transport costs

Ceagle said:

L90 to Lee St near Central, walk through then tunnel to the back of Central and there are shuttle buses to the SFS.

http://www.131500.com.au/events/nrl-manly-sea-eagles-v-north-queensland-cowboys

Sydney Buses is running express Route 1 services from Chalmers St, Central Station from 5.30pm to 8.30pm and Route 3 services from Young St, Circular Quay from 5.35pm to 8.15pm to Moore Park.

Return services are operating from the Moore Park Bus Station to Central Station (Route1) and Circular Quay (Route3) for approximately 1 hour after the completion of the game.

Special Event Bus return tickets cost $5.80 Adult, $2.90 Concession or $14.50 for a family.

Yet another example of the disgraceful conspiracy against all things Manly. Quick, get Zorba to ride in on his trusty steed and antagonize all the powers that be to continue the injustice.

Daniel said:
Ceagle said:

Ask your mum for a lift :)

Personally I would jump on a bus or Ferry and then get a cab from there, it's only about $15 from Circular Key to SFS by cab.

Last time I tried to drive to the SFS I spent 40 minutes lost trying to find the place, I ****in hate driving to the city, why can't it be at Brookvale?

Brookie4eva said:
Ceagle said:

L90 to Lee St near Central, walk through then tunnel to the back of Central and there are shuttle buses to the SFS.

http://www.131500.com.au/events/nrl-manly-sea-eagles-v-north-queensland-cowboys

Sydney Buses is running express Route 1 services from Chalmers St, Central Station from 5.30pm to 8.30pm and Route 3 services from Young St, Circular Quay from 5.35pm to 8.15pm to Moore Park.

Return services are operating from the Moore Park Bus Station to Central Station (Route1) and Circular Quay (Route3) for approximately 1 hour after the completion of the game.

Special Event Bus return tickets cost $5.80 Adult, $2.90 Concession or $14.50 for a family.
Cheers

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4