Foz a Sitting Duck!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Sure Des will have ideas on saving Foz from hospital , maybe this will help add a few more options to his attack?? Since developing ball skills in recent times has stifled his running game where defenders had to slide & hold the line Tag was basically predicting the pass option & was like a bull at a red rag!! Just a thought on this - were the slow play the balls allowing the defenders time to come foward at Foz -who , like all quality halves loves running at a retreating defence. Des will obviously have counter plans to help this but any other thoughts out there??

He loves the physical side of things, its cost us on a few occasions in defence because he just couldn't resist putting a shot on instead of sliding. I don't want him to change though because its just his footy DNA. His style does have the potential to shorten his career but people said the same thing about Toovs and he still cranked out over 300 games (including rep).

I would say that it will start leading to penalties. If we plan for it and give him an early and late option runner he can offload it early and then when he cops the hit late we get the penalty. Once that starts happening oppositions will always be wondering which option he is going to take, put them in two minds and then the hits will reduce.

Daniel said:
I would say that it will start leading to penalties. If we plan for it and give him an early and late option runner he can offload it early and then when he cops the hit late we get the penalty. Once that starts happening oppositions will always be wondering which option he is going to take, put them in two minds and then the hits will reduce.

Tagatese was committed to the tackle a lot of the time on Monday night before Foran got the ball. Dummying to Foran could also lead to penalties if players like Tagatese go in for the big hit on Foran while he is concentrating on receiving the ball.

I think that is why a lot of those hits looked so brutal. Foran was concentrating on receiving the ball so he couldn't brace himself for the hit. A lesser player would have dropped his bundle.

MadMarcus said:
Daniel said:

Tagatese was committed to the tackle a lot of the time on Monday night before Foran got the ball. Dummying to Foran could also lead to penalties if players like Tagatese go in for the big hit on Foran while he is concentrating on receiving the ball.

I think that is why a lot of those hits looked so brutal. Foran was concentrating on receiving the ball so he couldn't brace himself for the hit. A lesser player would have dropped his bundle.

I don't disagree that he was committed to the tackle. But it is something you can plan for and turn to your advantage. I think what we need to do here is prevent DCE and Foz getting tackled on the 4th and either line them both up on the same side of the ruck or either side for the 5th to increase our options and put the defense in two minds

MK Eagle said:
Sure Des will have ideas on saving Foz from hospital , maybe this will help add a few more options to his attack?? Since developing ball skills in recent times has stifled his running game where defenders had to slide & hold the line Tag was basically predicting the pass option & was like a bull at a red rag!! Just a thought on this - were the slow play the balls allowing the defenders time to come foward at Foz -who , like all quality halves loves running at a retreating defence. Des will obviously have counter plans to help this but any other thoughts out there??

I hope we chose to rent and not buy with Foz's body.

The Gronk said:
MK Eagle said:

After building inspection Foz has been given all clear FOR SALE - the Seaeagles must buy today Gronk - the price is right!!!

Daniel said:
MadMarcus said:
Daniel said:

I don't disagree that he was committed to the tackle. But it is something you can plan for and turn to your advantage. I think what we need to do here is prevent DCE and Foz getting tackled on the 4th and either line them both up on the same side of the ruck or either side for the 5th to increase our options and put the defense in two minds

All very well said. This is something that Des can work on. He is a tough kid but taking that treatment week in week out wont be good for him.

Daniel said:

We are lucky that we have quite a few options in terms of last tackle players. You are right we should make the most of them.

Robbie Divah (Farah) made the point on MNF that the Tits only option was to give it to Prince and that hurt them. I'm not much of a fan of Robbie Divah but I have to agree with him on that one.

MK Eagle said:
The Gronk said:
MK Eagle said:

After building inspection Foz has been given all clear FOR SALE - the Seaeagles must buy today Gronk - the price is right!!!

I'd buy if renovating his hairstyle wasnt STCA.

MadMarcus said:
Daniel said:

We are lucky that we have quite a few options in terms of last tackle players. You are right we should make the most of them.

Robbie Divah (Farah) made the point on MNF that the Tits only option was to give it to Prince and that hurt them. I'm not much of a fan of Robbie Divah but I have to agree with him on that one.

Was it just me or does he have absolutely no personality?

Daniel said:

I am not sure if that's it or just that it takes longer for the message to go from the brain to the mouth before words come out and then a facial expression is on its way coming down the same line.

I hear he was really pissed off with something Beau Ryan said/did on the footy show recently.

bob dylan said:
Daniel said:

I am not sure if that's it or just that it takes longer for the message to go from the brain to the mouth before words come out and then a facial expression is on its way coming down the same line.

I hear he was really pissed off with something Beau Ryan said/did on the footy show recently.
Absolute classic - Beau trashed Robbies restaurant "like a Tiger" as he (Robbie), sat watching helplessly from the studio. Broken plates, food fights, the lot. Sensational stuff!!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6