Foul play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
There was more dirty play in the Tigers V Illawarra match than in the so-called Brookie Brawl so it will be interesting to see if any suspensions flow from it.

Absolutely .. and with the Frank Pritchard incident still not out of the media, and being used as a benchmark, I'd be very suprised if Dragons aren't short a few more players next week.

Oh and what about Farrah dropping Hornby (?) right on his neck?!?!

If Dragons players aren't say down for a week, Greenburg and Hasler will blow up deluxe.

And well they should. Drags are in chubble after that.

So, Mrinvisible, what have your loose cannons got planned for us? Word's getting around we're in for it when we play the dogs. Are your mob planning anything? I'm sure you're not part of it.

Duff said:
So, Mr Invisible, what have your loose cannons got planned for us? Word's getting around we're in for it when we play the dogs. Are your mob planning anything? I'm sure you're not part of it.

I'm actually part of the Bulldogs Army inside The Kennel.

If theres anything from "us guys" (aka Army) it'll just be a chant/banner war against the Manly Supporters group. Should be a fun game!

*fingers crossed* however that none of the "hectic" fans (and you know the ones I mean with the mullets and rats tails that toss on a jersey and cause problems with little regard for the game) decide to stay at home for the game.

The club had a huge crackdown on antisocial behaviour in the last few years. Most of those in The Kennel, and Cat1/2 membership are generally pretty well behaved because any mucking up and security at ANZ take your membership card details, and the club are informed of any incidents along with the member/s involved. Add to that the new SMS number broadcast before games, whereby security can pinpoint a section with a problem, check it on CCTV and deploy security and police to the bay, and hopefully it's a big enough deterrant. Somewhat little known but we also have plain clothed security/police amongst the crowd these days I've been told (I know people working in security at ANZ).

I think our fans ARE better behaved than they have been, but unfortunately (like every club) you do get idiots filter through the cracks with the aim of causing problems.

Let's hope so, for the sake of both our clubs.
Try to keep your dogs on a leash, so to speak.

MrInvisible said:
but unfortunately (like every club) you do get idiots filter through the cracks with the aim of causing problems.

Same thing happens on here.

Duff said:
hahaha absolutely.

Friendly rivalry between clubs and fans is awesome. It's something that makes games more enjoyable.

But it's those that take it too far, or make that rivalry based on violence, abuse, or hindering other fans that really sucks.

Regardless of who wins in a game, I think (thanks to some loose canon fans) that times are slowly fading away from where you'd walk out of the game, chat with opposing fans about how good a game it was, offer comiserations (sp?) to the other side, then all head to the nearest pub for a beer. One team won, the other lost, but everyone still went home and had a good time. Fans respected one another with a common bond of the great game we call Rugby League.

These days with "the idiots" its been replaced with foul language, annoying / abusing opposing fans, throwing various items at opposing fans, trashing trains on the way home, and trying to start punchups. That's any fans I'm talking about there.

Sadly I've noticed it's the younger (early - late teen) fans, or the "pissed off their faces" bogans that seem to be the ones most likely to cause problems.

Sad really.

MrInvisible said:
Duff said:
hahaha absolutely.

Friendly rivalry between clubs and fans is awesome. It's something that makes games more enjoyable.

But it's those that take it too far, or make that rivalry based on violence, abuse, or hindering other fans that really sucks.

Regardless of who wins in a game, I think (thanks to some loose canon fans) that times are slowly fading away from where you'd walk out of the game, chat with opposing fans about how good a game it was, offer comiserations (sp?) to the other side, then all head to the nearest pub for a beer. One team won, the other lost, but everyone still went home and had a good time. Fans respected one another with a common bond of the great game we call Rugby League.

These days with "the idiots" its been replaced with foul language, annoying / abusing opposing fans, throwing various items at opposing fans, trashing trains on the way home, and trying to start punchups. That's any fans I'm talking about there.

Sadly I've noticed it's the younger (early - late teen) fans, or the "pissed off their faces" bogans that seem to be the ones most likely to cause problems.

Sad really.

Not all teams fans are like that, I find the Warriors fans are absolute legends and it seems Manly and Warriors fans getting along quite well.

MrInvisible said:
I've found Dragons, Knights, Parra, Roosters and Panthers fans to be the worst.

The worst fans, by a country mile, are the ones who support your club. Why don't you go back to the kennel. I don't give a rats what you think go post there.

Dogs fans who come on here are just sh%t stirring and it only goes to reinforce the fact, they're seen as arguably the worst group out there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4