Forwards 2nd Half

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
They got cranky & said lets hit em where it hurts....& did....straight through the guts.
Easy metres...quick play balls...really a matter of execution to win...painful to watch but attitude in 2016 ...expected to submit against a team who simply wanted it more...

That's the problem we make a tackle and can't get off them quick enough to mark up and it's not just the forwards

All poor in dominatating the ruck....yes
But doesn't that start with the forwards???
Leading by 20 it's big aggressive defence that puts the contest out of the opposition....nothing??

Considering the panthers made an extra 120 tackles in the first half compared to us you would have thought they were the ones who were tired and we could lean on them.

How does a team who has been tackling themselves almost to exhaustion show more energy than the other team? I just can't get my head around it. At half time even with the lead I was thinking that the panthers will be so gassed that a comeback is almost impossible.

... and watch the masses blame the outside backs who have to cover half a field because these so called forwards are lying spreadeagled in the ruck.It is the oldest cliché in the books but forwards win or lose matches and we are simply a pack of powderpuffs....ps I have a box at the Titans game going very cheap.

Simple really, if you cant match power with power you must develop some finesse to compensate for a lack of power---we lack both.

No quality size and power throughout the team, lack of structure, lack of ball playing movement, lack of physical intimidation in defence been obvious since preseason and the squad that was being assembled.

The first half was reserve grade crap and we shined, second half was reserve grade crap with the odd hard running forward from the opposition and we capitulated.

Dice it any way you like....sht attitude = sht defence....simples

Dice it any way you like....sht attitude = sht defence....simples
Even worse when you can't physically compete but have a good attitude = no hope.(This game was just utter crap i'm talking about in general for the season the attitude will lack resolve if you don't have real belief you can compete)

We had the same 17 1st & 2nd half as did they.....
One team ....unfortunately not us....lifted the tempo...winning every play the ball in attack & defence....make NO mistake...it was in the ruck....forwards lost the battle...WHY?
Attitude, aggression, belief, want & desire -all factors contributed to each individual...maybe coach to a degree...but as top grade NRL players - leading by 20, should get the job done.

You can have a good attitude and still look crap in defence it's just without it you have no platform.

Even worse when you can't physically compete but have a good attitude = no hope.(This game was just utter crap i'm talking about in general for the season the attitude will lack resolve if you don't have real belief you can compete)

If you have a belief that you cant compete,,,,,then your attitude is a problem.

One team ....unfortunately not us....lifted the tempo...winning every play the ball in attack & defence....make NO mistake...it was in the ruck....forwards lost the battle...WHY?
Attitude, aggression, belief, want & desire -all factors contributed to each individual...maybe coach to a degree...but as top grade NRL players - leading by 20, should get the job done.
Exactly----the problem is even more ingrained to the point they lack self belief that they can combat the power and aggression when teams lift the tempo against them.

If you have a belief that you cant compete,,,,,then your attitude is a problem.
Not necessarily, what point is a sense of belief if Buhrer and Leary are trying to stop someone twice the size, a good attitude will see them coming back for more but the end result is still the same.(for example purposes only)

One of those 17 spent a fair chunk of game time in the dressing rooms and on a stationary bike when he did come back on the Panthers burnt him on the outside (he has bugger all lateral movement). Don't think the call didn't come straight down from the Panthers box as soon as Myles returned to the field. That's how much of a liability I see him, and it kills me to say it, but Snake is in the same class right now. How much longer do they get?

Exactly----the problem is even more ingrained to the point they lack self belief that they can combat the power and aggression when teams lift the tempo against them.

Barrett keeps giving them excuses in the pressers as to why we are losing. He trots out the old Injuries, loss of experienced players etc etc. Players hear that and think "you beauty, not my fault"

What are your thoughts on Barrett TC? I don't rate him at all.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8