[Resurrected] Geoff Toovey would return to Brookvale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The real question is what were Manly's Owners doing since July 2 to address the coaching vacancy :think:

Baz is also wasting his time, instead of salvaging his coaching reputation elsewhere :wondering:

#ThinkOfTheFans

The real question is what were Manly's Owners doing since July 2 to address the coaching vacancy :think:

Baz is also wasting his time, instead of salvaging his coaching reputation elsewhere :wondering:

#ThinkOfTheFans

Read somewhere Penn is O/S, and Mr Gorman is no longer taking calls.

Toovey can’t admit publicly that he has been in negotiations. If he did the cat would be out of the bag. Get with the program folks!

More than happy to join that program. It'd be Christmas come early if Tooves came back.

It’s like Australia Post sacking that guy but having to pay him 15 million
( or whatever it was) , that’s because he’s on a contract.
The difference is that Barrett resigned; he was not, nor has he been, sacked. So surely he either walks away with whatever money he has earned or else he turns up for work until July to justify his pay.

But it is a worry when some desperate try hard like Taylor says he would rather coach in reggies than First Grade at Manly ........

I didn’t take it that way - I read it as he hasn’t been approached, and the thing about coaching the Bears is just reassuring his current employers he’s not up to sneaky negotiations behind their backs. No different to players trotting out the “I’m contracted til whenever, so I’ll be in these colours for the next however many years” line.

I didn’t take it that way - I read it as he hasn’t been approached, and the thing about coaching the Bears is just reassuring his current employers he’s not up to sneaky negotiations behind their backs. No different to players trotting out the “I’m contracted til whenever, so I’ll be in these colours for the next however many years” line.

Stop being sensible ...

Des is a very smart man.
If tooves had significant impact as his assistant to our success, and he does come back I'm confident he'd bring tooves back in some capacity.

And would be even better if he insisted on tooves as assistant

If Des is back i think Toovey won't be involved in some capacity at the start as i could see a bit of a break in/trust building between himself and the owners. But no doubt after a season the tension might ease off and then Des would ask for Tooves to return. They are still close outside of footy and if there is anyone that Des would want to put a rocket up the players whilst 'running the water' it would be Tooves.

Then again could just be pissing in the wind but how sad that someone with that much passion, knowledge, experience is not even being contacted by the club for anything. What happened between the club and Des was imo far worse than anything Tooves could have done and was humiliated for it. That is one bridge that needs to be rebuilt whoever ends up being coach.

I'm not getting the impression Toovs in angling for head coach in the article below.

Bingo. The club have been seeking applications in the last month for thet vacant position of General Manager of Corporate Partnerships.

The job description is attracting sponsors.

I wonder if in todays article Toovs is saying community engagement, local community fans, sponsors, I am your man to bring them all back.

Stars just might be alligned.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/m...s/news-story/3b44dd19a7beb125b0b4178864e40af0

In PR's column

Didn't think it warranted a new thread.

TOOVS SETS GOOD EXAMPLE

IT is a weekly occurrence at Fox Sports on Monday nights to have Thai takeaway for dinner in the green room. There are always plates, cutlery, napkins and empty drink bottles to clean up.

Manly legend Geoff Toovey meticulously looks after the clean up.

It’s a bit like Johnathan Thurston and Cooper Cronk being spotted sweeping and picking up rubbish in the dressing rooms — a practice they picked up from the All Blacks.

Toovey is a good man who wouldn’t be out of place coaching NRL again. He would certainly set the right example for young players.

In PR's column

Didn't think it warranted a new thread.

TOOVS SETS GOOD EXAMPLE

IT is a weekly occurrence at Fox Sports on Monday nights to have Thai takeaway for dinner in the green room. There are always plates, cutlery, napkins and empty drink bottles to clean up.

Manly legend Geoff Toovey meticulously looks after the clean up.

It’s a bit like Johnathan Thurston and Cooper Cronk being spotted sweeping and picking up rubbish in the dressing rooms — a practice they picked up from the All Blacks.

Toovey is a good man who wouldn’t be out of place coaching NRL again. He would certainly set the right example for young players.
He would look better as ceo or general manager of football at manly.

Heard on 2SM that Toovey is the smokie to replace Des. Seibold is a smoke screen

Can't see it happening, but will be fun to talk about for a few hours.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Heard on 2SM that Toovey is the smokie to replace Des. Seibold is a smoke screen

Can't see it happening, but will be fun to talk about for a few hours.
Maybe Aloiai can have a word in his ear over at the world cup 😉

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4