Foran's reason to depart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
If reports Foran will sign with the Eels because "Manly is a club on the slide" prove to be correct, his signing will be a far greater act of gross disloyalty than that of DCE. DCE had his contract pulled and had every right to sign with another club (and as I've canvassed elsewhere his signing was actively encouraged by the NRL which is unconscionable on their behalf).

But if Foran wants to depart because he thinks we're not competitive, this speaks very poorly of him as a man, of his character and also of him as a club man. If you think the club is struggling I'd have thought it's all the more reason to stay and fight for their revival? Not to mention the grass won't be greener where he's going. The Eels' culture is demonstrably awry, hence their lack of success for 30 years.

I'm going to think the best of Foran because he does seem to have the interests of the club at heart. But if he does go - he'll go down as one of the greatest pea-hearts and Judas' in the proud history of the club.

Totally agree came into the team and benefited in a golden era for the club and as soon the going gets tough exits stage left. This is assuming he goes of course!

It's what I fear the most here. It would shatter my thoughts that he was an honorable and proud Sea Eagle. This will be far worse than $CE.

Both boys are burnt out with all the Finals Footy and Rep Games they have played.

Chez is clear in wanting a new start and shows how the drudgery of their workload is mind numbing. It really is not about Manly, but more about what his next career will be after footy.
So the GC move is ideal, as no one really expects him to drag the Team to a GF, just to get the Sponsors and Fans hooked on the possibility of a GF. < Pressure
At Manly he knows that he is expected to not only get us into another GF, but to help win it as well. The extra pressure for the same kind of money did not equate, and nor should it have.@:cool:

Foz's remarks last year about dithering between wanting to be at Manly Training or not, and this year about wanting to play in the NRL All Stars to get away from the intensity of training, shows the same mental fatigue. I fear that he now feels the burden of expectation from the whole of Manly to stay. Whilst in 2012 he only had a couple of mates pressure him to change his mind about leaving to go to the Dogs.> Pressure

They have both won GFs and Rep Cups, so the challenges they need are not going to be met by more of these. Foz hasn't realized this yet and seems to be looking for a Club that helps him grow as a Player. He needs to identify what makes him happy as a Person and provider for his growing family.:sweating:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

John Lydgate

The longer Foz leaves his decision, the more hatred he will unleash from heartbroken Manly Fans, should it be a change of Club.:wondering:

I wish them both peace of mind and will continue to cheer them on in 2015 :clap:

If reports Foran will sign with the Eels because "Manly is a club on the slide" prove to be correct, his signing will be a far greater act of gross disloyalty than that of DCE. DCE had his contract pulled and had every right to sign with another club (and as I've canvassed elsewhere his signing was actively encouraged by the NRL which is unconscionable on their behalf).

But if Foran wants to depart because he thinks we're not competitive, this speaks very poorly of him as a man, of his character and also of him as a club man. If you think the club is struggling I'd have thought it's all the more reason to stay and fight for their revival? Not to mention the grass won't be greener where he's going. The Eels' culture is demonstrably awry, hence their lack of success for 30 years.

I'm going to think the best of Foran because he does seem to have the interests of the club at heart. But if he does go - he'll go down as one of the greatest pea-hearts and Judas' in the proud history of the club.
Now I have had a few days to calm down, I'm definitely leaning to more the way of your thinking. A leader leads. Don't we want someone to take us from where we are now, back to our eventual place back at the top rather than blokes bailing when it gets a bit tough? We sit and debate (sometimes fire up) amongst ourselves but it's not us having to prove a thing. We've supported this team all our lives. We don't have to prove ****.

Then there's this pressure line. Pressure? Like deciding to stay on the beautiful north shore getting paid double what your fellow players are getting paid and who have spilt 100's more litres of blood. Yeah real tough. Man up. You in or out? Yeah they screwed up last year. Move on. Takes a man to stay when it's tough rather than bail when there's a few leaks in the boat.

Want a challenge and to create a legacy? For Kieran this is the perfect opportunity.

Phil Gould carried on like a right wanker when Foz went down with a hammy on friday night. He kept taking the line of "what will be going Kieran's head, seeing his pack bashed up like this?" and "he must be thinking, there has to be an easier place to play" etc.

Forans reason to depart is in his head . If he
Phil Gould carried on like a right wanker when Foz went down with a hammy on friday night. He kept taking the line of "what will be going Kieran's head, seeing his pack bashed up like this?" and "he must be thinking, there has to be an easier place to play" etc.
Phil may be right because if Foz had any passion to stay with Manly he would have signed by now

Foz has no 1 but himself 2 blame for that he has given the impression 2 everybody that it's all a bit tough at the club now we are not as strong as we once were. Gus is 1 commentator who gives us as a club some respect I can't be critical of his commentary on Friday.

Oh the pressure, the mental fatigue, or those bad sports journalists. Give me a break, they get paid a million a year to play football. Both bloody weak if that's the case. FFS!

Now I have had a few days to calm down, I'm definitely leaning to more the way of your thinking. A leader leads. Don't we want someone to take us from where we are now, back to our eventual place back at the top rather than blokes bailing when it gets a bit tough? We sit and debate (sometimes fire up) amongst ourselves but it's not us having to prove a thing. We've supported this team all our lives. We don't have to prove ****.

Then there's this pressure line. Pressure? Like deciding to stay on the beautiful north shore getting paid double what your fellow players are getting paid and who have spilt 100's more litres of blood. Yeah real tough. Man up. You in or out? Yeah they screwed up last year. Move on. Takes a man to stay when it's tough rather than bail when there's a few leaks in the boat.

Want a challenge and to create a legacy? For Kieran this is the perfect opportunity.
To be a leader you also have to make quick decisions. Can Foz do that......?

Close it was actually Goebbels but hey both as mad as cut snakes.

Actually, it was Hitler, in a kind of semi instruction to Joseph Goebbels. Goebbels himself was always of the belief that propaganda should be truth based. Hitler, as history shows, was a little more "flexible" when it came to the truth....even though he was against it in his book, Mein Kampf..??? I know, go figure right? Bloody Nazi's. You can't trust them. LOL!

http://www.ihr.org/other/weber2011fakequotations.html

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4