Foran's future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I cant believe Foran still isn't signed. I thought it was reported he was signed and done.

We should be trying to keep Farrar as well, one of the best all round utilities we have had for a while

From memory the reporting on Foran's signing was in The Australian and had quotes from Foran that he was going to sign but nothing formal from the club.

maybe the Lowe vs detractors score needs to be revised then hey?

Foran is a freak. Arguably the strongest guy in our squad at only 19 years of age. He's also one of our quickest. These attributes as well as his skill will only improve as he grows into adulthood.

Farrar has always shown offensive prowess. He could really excel with Des as his coach. His comments were very pleasing to read and alluded to our successfulness in keeping a stable playing roster for so long.

Good to read of the satisfaction from our players.  Foran must be the priority.  He'd be crazy to move as our team is developing into winning ways, and isn't winning a GF what it's all about?

Dan link said:
We should be trying to keep Farrar as well, one of the best all round utilities we have had for a while

Damn straight !! That Farrar / Bani swap has to be one of the deals of the century, up there with Packer buying/selling Channel 9 to Bondy.

Foran said he is happy to be staying with Manly from memory, all is fine there, he won't be going anywhere

Dan link said:

I think that we should tie up Hodko before Farrar as I am pretty sure that his contract is up at the end of this year.

Fluffy link said:
they are jsut working out what colour car etc, its done
hope its better than kiteys car, me and wolfpack bumped into him at woolies narra after the game monday night and hes driving an early 90s charade

yeah ahve you ever seen him getting out of that car, it's all arms and legs then a footballer pops out after

Dan link said:
maybe the Lowe vs detractors score needs to be revised then hey?
Nah, otherwise they'll double their score if an when Foran signs.  They've logged their score and it depreciates for each day the deal isn't clinched for mine, with no returns.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183074.msg259903#msg259903 date=1271808553]

I think that we should tie up Hodko before Farrar as I am pretty sure that his contract is up at the end of this year.
[/quote]
I was thinking the same jethro does anyone know if we've tied up hodgko for next year.

DSM5 link said:
Both will be at Manly for the long haul.  Who ever leaves who's any good? 

That's an interesting question when you actually sit down and think about it. Who do people rate as the last guy that left Manly that you were disappointed that we didn't/couldn't hang onto. I'm talking NRL only here, not guys who went to ESL. I reckon you'd almost have to go way back to Jack Elsegood or Ian Roberts for mine, but that was around Super League time so it may not have been for want of trying on Manly's part.

It certainly shows that over the last 10-15 years we've managed to retain the talent that we either groom from juniors or entice from other clubs. Our development and retention committee are doing a good job.

Ian was on his last legs when he went to the Cows.  Was embroiled in his court case as well as being at the end of his physical powers.  Like Ridge and Carroll when they left.  I never really rated Jack Elsegood.  Flashy, but not excellent.

DSM5 link said:
Both will be at Manly for the long haul.  Who ever leaves who's any good? 

A few come to mind as good players but never did anything after they left:

Ron Gibbs  went to Gold Coast and never did anything except end his career with wests
Jarrad (Whoever) Hargreaves  got injured at training
Cutho - hasn't done much hopefully he'll turn it around

My attitude is this if any of these blokes want to move on - GOOD. Let them.  

Either sign up or "p" off.  I would sooner have a team of also rans that want to play for Manly than a lot of prima-donnas that are just holding out for more cash.

These guys have to realise they are not bigger than the team.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8