Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
According to a few reports Foran has agreed to a long term deal with us but hasn't signed the contract as yet. Why? What's stopping another club from offering him a bigger deal?

Whoever is responsible for signings should have the contract signed asap.

No cause for alarm. The kid agreed to terms several weeks ago but apparently Lowe's pen had run out of ink. He is waiting on a new shipment of biros (obtained at a bargain price from a factory in Taiwan) but now there are concerns the ship might have sunk. If it hasn't arrived by July, Lowe plans to go to the newsagent and buy a Bic.

According to a LOT of sources, our club is struggling with communication in a number of areas. I told you all there were some happy campers at the moment.

Like I said in the thread 3 weeks ago, where I stated Hodko will be lost, watch this space....more players to follow....

oops, I should have responded here but I just started a separate thread about Forans value. Sorry, I should pay more attention.

Ryan you are a goose, the reason why Hodkinson is probably leaving is because the Dogs offered him $800,000

Ryan link said:
According to a LOT of sources, our club is struggling with communication in a number of areas. I told you all there were some happy campers at the moment.

Like I said in the thread 3 weeks ago, where I stated Hodko will be lost, watch this space....more players to follow....

Who was responsible for JWH going to the roosters?

Ceagle link said:
Obviously Lowe had something to do with JWH leaving ::)

no but his got something to  do with matai & perry & who knows what other playing leaving..while he is still hanging onto bailey
:-[

Any chance Foran is delaying the signature until Hokkos contract is sorted?

Its not inconceivable that certainty in the halves pairing could be an issue. Four years is a long time and halves combinations can be very hit or miss.

jwaa link said:

Its not inconceivable that certainty in the halves pairing could be an issue. Four years is a long time and halves combinations can be very hit or miss.

There is every chance this is the case. Add to that the fact we have an aging fwd pack as well, with no youngsters other than Bhurer, in the mix.
All of these 'future' components would be considered before signing on the dotted line.

jjai link said:
[quote author=Ceagle link=topic=183449.msg264477#msg264477 date=1275200247]
Obviously Lowe had something to do with JWH leaving ::)

no but his got something to  do with matai & perry & who knows what other playing leaving..while he is still hanging onto bailey
:-[
[/quote]

There are things called contracts that our club adhere's too and treat with a bit of worth, hence why Bailey will be retained, that and the fact Des Hasler seems to like him

If you want to blame something for the players leaving, blame the salary cap and our clubs integrity in not breaking it

Ceagle link said:
Ryan you are a goose, the reason why Hodkinson is probably leaving is because the Dogs offered him $800,000
  Which would be irrelevant if he'd been signed 2 months ago as some were claiming he was.  As others have said, whose to stop another club making a massive offer we can't match to Foran at the moment?

Good point matas.

There were so many reports naming foran and I believe hodko were signed. To find out they haven't is not only ridiculous but very concerning

WAMF link said:
[quote author=jwaa link=topic=183449.msg264495#msg264495 date=1275208571]

There is every chance this is the case. Add to that the fact we have an aging fwd pack as well, with no youngsters other than Bhurer, in the mix.
All of these 'future' components would be considered before signing on the dotted line.
[/quote]

I would have thought it would be in this kind of order:
- is Manly the club I want to be with?
- is the coach someone I will learn from?
- by staying here will I enhance or hurt my career?
- how does the offer stack up against others?

then -
- do I like my team-mates and will they help me in my career?
- will future recruitment give me better or worse opportunities

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183449.msg264505#msg264505 date=1275211233]
[quote author=jwaa link=topic=183449.msg264495#msg264495 date=1275208571]

[/quote]

I would have thought it would be in this kind of order:
- is Manly the club I want to be with?
- is the coach someone I will learn from?
- by staying here will I enhance or hurt my career?
- how does the offer stack up against others?

then -
- do I like my team-mates and will they help me in my career?
- will future recruitment give me better or worse opportunities
[/quote]

you forget he's part of Gen WhyBother

it'd be:

Money
Block of units
Third part deals
Off the books deals
Bitches
Bling
Music Video
Club

You all forgot the fans, clearly any player would consider the honour of representing such a passionate & loyal bunch of fans. Brent Kite acknowledged us when he got the Churchill medal. The other thing is our colours, and the cool eagle emblem. Most players would accept a bit less to come here 8)

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Ceagle link=topic=183449.msg264464#msg264464 date=1275197415]
  Which would be irrelevant if he'd been signed 2 months ago as some were claiming he was.  As others have said, whose to stop another club making a massive offer we can't match to Foran at the moment?
[/quote]

Yep the club should have tied him down and forced him to sign the contract......

Of course a player who is finally being given a crack at first grade, who's contract is up this year, is not going to sign a deal worth a pittance.

Why do you think these blokes have player managers.

Wake up to yourselves, blaming Lowe for this is clutching at straws.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183449.msg264530#msg264530 date=1275214901]
[quote author=Ceagle link=topic=183449.msg264464#msg264464 date=1275197415]
[/quote]

Yep the club should have tied him down and forced him to sign the contract......

Of course a player who is finally being given a crack at first grade, who's contract is up this year, is not going to sign a deal worth a pittance.

Why do you think these blokes have player managers.

Wake up to yourselves, blaming Lowe for this is clutching at straws.
[/quote]

I think the point is more that it was reported that they had signed....when they hadn't.

i.e. WTF is with that?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8