Foran won't jump ship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope its true, keeping DCE and Foran is the most important thing for the club to go forward once the board BS is sorted out. The Dogs supporters on the Kennel Forum are still confident Foran will go to the dogs though.

Good old Channel 9 doing their best to stir up trouble.

https://twitter.com/#!/Ken_Sutcliffe/status/123283534470320129

@Ken_Sutcliffe
Ken Sutcliffe Kieren Foran's future at Manly very interesting,not giving away much,also Tim Sheridan on the Wallabies the day after terrific pic 9news6

Not giving away much? Mustn't of read the news lately.

torana355 said:
I hope its true, keeping DCE and Foran is the most important thing for the club to go forward once the board BS is sorted out. The Dogs supporters on the Kennel Forum are still confident Foran will go to the dogs though.

I reckon there more optimistic then confident.

Seen it. Doesn't want to play under Tooves.

We have our own Darius Boyd.

On the one hand he says that he wants to stay at Manly for years to come and that he'd look "no good" in a blue and white jersey but then he refused to rule out activating the escape clause.

I put it down to him being put on the spot by Weedler.

Choc said all the right things.

bob dylan said:
Seen it. Doesn't want to play under Tooves.

We have our own Darius Boyd.

He did say he was going to stay at Manly but was reluctant to reply about his get out clause. I think he will stay only whilst Des does.

Ceagle said:
Did Foran actually say he didn't want to play under Tooves? And how do you mean he was reluctant?

He actually said that Weedler had put him on the spot. He didn't actually say that he didn't want to play under Tooves but was keen for Des to stay on next year.

I can understand why BD said he didn't want to play for Tooves. However, I don't agree with him.

Ceagle said:
Did Foran actually say he didn't want to play under Tooves? And how do you mean he was reluctant?

No he didnt.

But anyone who activates such a clause is saying they dont want to play under Toovey, and we dont want them in maroon and white if thats the case.

The team is still going forward and unity should be the only acceptable stance.

The trouble with Foran, Hoppa and any young player is their managers decide their futures.

I don't think he was saying he didn't want to play for Toovey, just that he wanted to play for Des and wouldn't rule out using the escape clause.

bob dylan said:
Ceagle said:

No he didnt.

But anyone who activates such a clause is saying they dont want to play under Toovey, and we dont want them in maroon and white if thats the case.

The trouble with Foran, Hoppa and any young player is their managers decide their futures.
I don't get your point, Foran hasn't activated the clause.

I also agree about the player manager part, George Mimis helped orchestrate the Des to Dogs deal, he is also the manager for many key pleyers, which I find worrying.

Brissie Kid said:
I don't think he was saying he didn't want to play for Toovey, just that he wanted to play for Des and wouldn't rule out using the escape clause.
So he actually said he wouldn't rule out using the clause? Even after the papers said he did? What a media circus.

Weed: how would u look in blue and white?
Foz : no good (laughs)
Weed: it's a hard question but can you say to manly fans here and now "I'll be here next year and beyond?"
Foz : oh for sure , you know um, I'll be there I love the club and I wanna play for them for many years to come.
Weed: so you're not going to activate the clause?
Foz: long pause then ... Oh.... You're putting me on the spot mate
Weed: so u don't know yet?
Foz : I don't know yet it's all speculation.

People seem to be forgetting that Keiran signed a contract at the beginning of the year before his price skyrocketed.

If i were him, i would say the same thing and then re-negotiate to get a bigger contract. Activating his get-out clause doesn't necessarily mean he leaves, it just means they sign another...possibly more lucrative deal.

That's what i would like to think anyway. If we were prepared to offer Hoppa $500,000 a year, Keiran would be worth at least that.

Fingers crossed he stays..........

Weidler, what a f***stick, no reporter in the world immediately jumps to a question like that.

Does anyone remember the first question he asked Gallop during the Meida Conference after the Brookvale Brawl?

He said

"Is this one of the darkest days in Rugby League?"

Then he said

"Do you enjoy the biff mate?"

What a germ, he has absolutely no ethics or morals

Ceagle said:
bob dylan said:
Ceagle said:

No he didnt.

I don't get your point, Foran hasn't activated the clause.

I also agree about the player manager part, George Mimis helped orchestrate the Des to Dogs deal, he is also the manager for many key pleyers, which I find worrying.

Brissie Kid said:
So he actually said he wouldn't rule out using the clause? Even after the papers said he did? What a media circus.

you are right its a typical media circus and the only ones that are happy at the moment are the bulldog supporters thinking that they are going to get Foran and T Rex amougst other, but they dont want to get excited there is a small thing called salary cap and the truth is they cant afford to fit anymore big name players into their roster.

Penn said nothing will happen now for at six weeks whislt everyone is having a break.

I fear all we are doing her on Silvertails at the moment is giving those supporters at canterbury is fuel to add to their imaginations that they are going to get all our players and believing they can win a premiership.

To you bulldawg supporters that are reading, this dont get your capabilities and impossabilites mixed up.

manlywarringah said:
People seem to be forgetting that Keiran signed a contract at the beginning of the year before his price skyrocketed.

If i were him, i would say the same thing and then re-negotiate to get a bigger contract. Activating his get-out clause doesn't necessarily mean he leaves, it just means they sign another...possibly more lucrative deal.

That's what i would like to think anyway. If we were prepared to offer Hoppa $500,000 a year, Keiran would be worth at least that.

He will!!!

bones said:
Weed: how would u look in blue and white?
Foz : no good (laughs)
Weed: it's a hard question but can you say to manly fans here and now "I'll be here next year and beyond?"
Foz : oh for sure , you know um, I'll be there I love the club and I wanna play for them for many years to come.
Weed: so you're not going to activate the clause?
Foz: long pause then ... Oh.... You're putting me on the spot mate
Weed: so u don't know yet?
Foz : I don't know yet it's all speculation.

Bulldawg supporter are wetting their pants over this, their forums are alive with Foran going to them...idiots, that lot get their capabilities and impossabilities mixed up.

manlywarringah said:

This.

Why would you rule anything out right now. I didn't see the interview, but reading this, what it sounds like is that he hasn't given it any thought.

He won't blindly follow Hasler. But if the dogs or someone else offer him $850 000 a year, or something ridiculous like Hopoate got, why wouldn't he use the clause and take the money.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6