Foran suing Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
KIERAN Foran and his former club Manly could be set for a courtroom showdown with Foran threatening to sue the club over unpaid third party deals worth more than $100,000.

The Sunday Telegraph understands Foran claims he is owed $147,000 from the final years of his contract which expired at the Sea Eagles at the end of the 2015 season.

The issue has been ongoing since Foran left Manly last year with the Kiwi international engaging a legal team in recent months. It is understood the Sea Eagles have been issued with a demand notice as correspondence between Foran’s legal representatives and the Sea Eagles have ramped up in recent weeks.

The threat of legal action looms large if Foran and the Sea Eagles are unable to come to an arrangement regarding the unpaid money. Foran had a decorated career at the seven-year career the Sea Eagles, playing 147 games and winning the 2011 premiership.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/09ab27572f262049e64a10ce80d5dff6

Triple M's Brent Read has reported that Kieran Foran may sue Manly over owed third party payments.

Ready tweeted the breaking story. See the Tweets below.

"Manly has confirmed that they have received an approach from Kieran Foran's legal reps over claims he is owed 3rd party money," Ready said.

"Club has asked for written evidence of the claims and is yet to receive anything. Have left the matter in the hands of their own lawyers.

"Looks like Kieran Foran and Sea Eagles could be headed to court unless they can settle the dispute

This is either nothing or a disaster. The club is not allowed to guarantee 3rd party deals or they're counted in the cap. So if we have guaranteed the 3rd party deals we have rorted the cap and there is trouble brewing. If we haven't then Foran doesn't have a leg to stand on and can go **** himself.

Parra: Please foz, as you're the new messiah.....can you like do something to take attention off our disgraceful cheating!

foz: We've been cheating? I didn't know that...I don't read papers!

Parra: *sigh* Just sue Manly!

----- I thought clubs aren't responsible for third party deals at all. so he can **** right off.

Doing it for his fam... oh wait.

Wasn't that numpty Peter Peters blowing smoke up Foran's arse recently? And then this **** comes out.

This is either nothing or a disaster. The club is not allowed to guarantee 3rd party deals or they're counted in the cap. So if we have guaranteed the 3rd party deals we have rorted the cap and there is trouble brewing. If we haven't then Foran doesn't have a leg to stand on and can go **** himself.
https://m.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx
What about money paid from other people or companies?
The basic guide is that if a player is receiving money from any person as a way of inducing him to play for the club, then that money will be included in the Salary Cap..

Income that a player earns from parties not related to his club is generally not included in the Salary Cap, however, the details of the agreement must be advised to the club by the player. The club must then get approval for the agreement from the Salary Cap Auditor in order for the remuneration to be excluded.

In 2006, the NRL also introduced an allowance for players who enter into Third Party Agreements with club sponsors. In 2011, the top 25 players are allowed to earn up to a maximum $300,000 from sponsorship leveraging but the total payments under these sponsorship leveraging agreements must not exceed $300,000 per club.

https://m.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx
What about money paid from other people or companies?
The basic guide is that if a player is receiving money from any person as a way of inducing him to play for the club, then that money will be included in the Salary Cap..

Income that a player earns from parties not related to his club is generally not included in the Salary Cap, however, the details of the agreement must be advised to the club by the player. The club must then get approval for the agreement from the Salary Cap Auditor in order for the remuneration to be excluded.

In 2006, the NRL also introduced an allowance for players who enter into Third Party Agreements with club sponsors. In 2011, the top 25 players are allowed to earn up to a maximum $300,000 from sponsorship leveraging but the total payments under these sponsorship leveraging agreements must not exceed $300,000 per club.
The real issue that Parra are in strife for right now is because they were guaranteeing 3rd party deals and using underhanded means to pay when the 3rd party didn't. If Manly guaranteed this deal then they have breached the salary cap, period. That is the ONLY scenario where Foran could sue Manly, otherwise he would have to sue the 3rd party.

The real issue that Parra are in strife for right now is because they were guaranteeing 3rd party deals and using underhanded means to pay when the 3rd party didn't. If Manly guaranteed this deal then they have breached the salary cap, period. That is the ONLY scenario where Foran could sue Manly, otherwise he would have to sue the 3rd party.
This is my understanding also.

No, TPAs that are declared as part of the Cap and signed off by the NRL are legal.
See above paste from Nrl.com 300k allowed from related parties if declared.

Parra guaranteed TPAs that they did not declare to the NRL

No, TPAs that are declared as part of the Cap and signed off by the NRL are legal.
See above paste from Nrl.com 300k allowed from related parties if declared.

Parra guaranteed TPAs that they did not declare to the NRL
I think the point from a Manly perspective is that they can't be held responsible if a third party doesn't pay up. There isn't any mention of us not declaring third party agreements, but rather that Manly haven't paid up - which doesn't make sense to me. What am I missing?

I think the point from a Manly perspective is that they can't be held responsible if a third party doesn't pay up. There isn't any mention of us not declaring third party agreements, but rather that Manly haven't paid up - which doesn't make sense to me. What am I missing?
Agree, my point was to allay @Ralphie 's fear that Manly are in breach of the Cap.

Deadbeat can sue the TPA Company, not sure why he went after Manly @:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6