Foran Quote

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wizball1973

Reserve Grader
From a few days back:

"I know everyone here doesn't want to be coached by anyone else. I certainly don't want to be coached by anyone else."

The same way we as fans all want Des to stay. We will get over it and so will the players.

Well he would say that wouldn't he, to try to put pressure on the board to throw money at Des. But does it really translate into him wanting to go to the Dogs and play behind their rubbish forward pack, alongside a mediocre half back and in the same team as that grub Ennis? I doubt it very much.

When does his contract expire? Hasn't he got at least another two years? More than enough time for him to settle in under Tooves.

I would (very confidently) assume such a get out clause would be activated if the club were to turf Hasler. Not if he leaves for greener pastures.

We need to lock up Foran long term. Make him captain in waiting (after Lyon and King) and our highest paid player. The dogs can steal des but they still have a salary cap to abide by (although that didn't stop them in the past).

Surely you'd only use the get-out clause if you didn't like the look of the incoming coach...

ABTK said:
Surely you'd only use the get-out clause if you didn't like the look of the incoming coach...

No you'd use the get out clause to get more money. Players only have a short time to make enough to see them out can't blame anyone for trying to get the most money anywhere. There is no club loyalty anymore most players will play whereever for the most money they can get and I dont blame them at all.

I think we have to do away with these get out clauses and from today on if you sign for 3 years you sign for 3 years. It is getting ridiculous all these clauses

Clauses or not, contracts aren't worth the paper they were written on. Pointless having a player, coach or staff member that doesn't want to be there.

swoop said:
Clauses or not, contracts aren't worth the paper they were written on. Pointless having a player, coach or staff member that doesn't want to be there.

Fair point then if that's the case Des should not coach next year as he wants to go. Does anyone think he would be with us next year other then the contract? I'm getting a bit sick of people treating our club like a door mat if he doesn't want to coach us in 2013 then he should go now and I hope someone in the club grows a backbone and shows Des the door.

If players want to leave with Des then we don't want them at the club. Even tho they love Des surely they love their team mates just as much. And if another couple of club legends took over coaching roll why would they leave.
Couldn't see any players wanting to go play for the Dogs of all clubs.

Jolores said:
swoop said:

Fair point then if that's the case Des should not coach next year as he wants to go. Does anyone think he would be with us next year other then the contract? I'm getting a bit sick of people treating our club like a door mat if he doesn't want to coach us in 2013 then he should go now and I hope someone in the club grows a backbone and shows Des the door.

No, there's a difference. Des has committed to coaching us next year and if he wanted out he could have excercised the clause in his contract to move next year, instead he's decided to stay. But having said that there are still questions to be asked, will the board fully support him? Will the players have second thoughts and so on.

It didn't work at the dragons and it hasn't worked at the roosters and many other clubs. That's my concern.

Unfortunately we'll have to make some tough choices and cut some of our older players in order to keep the young stars. I'm sure they'll stay if we offer them more money than else where. As we know thats all that matters these days. Clubs can't be loyal to older player because if they are they will lose the up and comers.

I can't see Des coaching us next year and not at some stage be thinking about the Dogs in 2013. Let alone be involved in discussions about recruitment with them, and the potential impacts that might have on our playing roster.

Also any player who is thinking about leaving could have their minds changed if they liked being under the coaching of Toovs as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2