For NFL followers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
you've heard of the Lambeau Leap (scoring player leaps into the crowd) what about the Brookie Bounce where the scoring player jumps into the Manly faithfull. Now if we can get them to do it!

I often compare us to the Packers small compared to the rest of the teams but absolute diehards so that's where the connection is made.

Whilst the Packers are from a very small town, they're anything but small. They have a 50-60 year waiting list for season tickets in a 70k stadium.

I'm not sure I'd like to see the result if Choc or T-Rex flew headfirst into the kiddies hill.

villain said:
Whilst the Packers are from a very small town, they're anything but small. They have a 50-60 year waiting list for season tickets in a 70k stadium.

I'm not sure I'd like to see the result if Choc or T-Rex flew headfirst into the kiddies hill.

Compared to my team (Dallas) and other peoples teams on here (Philly, San Francisco) Green Bay are small.

The club finds a place for the players to 'Brookie Bounce' at maybe the try line on the hill.

Another thing the club could look at is Tail Gate Parties (non alcoholic versions of course) - for those that don't know a bbq at the ground and former greats usually go, anyone that's seen one at the US knows they are full on (especially the College ones)

where are you going to have a tailgate party?

Brookie isnt exactly overflowing with a carpark...

The Seattle Seahawks are my team but are pretty ordinary since losing running back Alexander. Got stuck with this team - when 7-8 years old my sister somehow got me a Seaeahawk jersey instead of Seaeagles so have followed them ever since with no result.......& unlikely to change soon!! :huh:

Saints all the way!!!
I was in New Orleans briefly in 2009. They were 4-0 and the whole town was celebrating like the week leading up to the 2008 GF.
That town really backed themselves and I couldn't help but get behind them! And it paid off, all the way to the superbowl!

Blake said:
Saints all the way!!!
I was in New Orleans briefly in 2009. They were 4-0 and the whole town was celebrating like the week leading up to the 2008 GF.
That town really backed themselves and I couldn't help but get behind them! And it paid off, all the way to the superbowl!
Apart from the Big D (Dallas)this is one one of my favourite teams.
Love the way their offence plays. One of my favourite teams to watch.

All I can say the Saints are no longer 'Aints!

The Chicago Bears are my favourite team to watch defensively. Physically dominate most teams

8-1 including a delectable win over the iggles

I still do not see us going all the way but what
a difference a year makes,last year our lowest
point was making some poor guy look like he had
touch aids,because tackles were not on the menu

GO 9ers!

Go the Packers...Back to Back baby!!

Matabele said:
Purple People Eaters for me. We just won't mention last week's result.

Umm, you might want to tell everyone who you lost too at least ;)

Tailgate parties would be awesome. However, unfortunately not many people would know what this is or would be willing to drive their car to the Leagues Club carpark and not drink. We also need to ytake into account liquor laws

I'm telling ya the passion many people can transfer to the NRL, just needs a club to embrace it and that's why I suggested us.

Could you imagine just after the first game at Brookie (and we've won the WCC) the players rock up to a club organised bbq!With the WC and hopefully a victory

It would be awesome!!!!!

Noticed our proper first home is against the Panthers so maybe take this suggestion and run with it Larissa (advertise that the first grade squad is going to be at the shop and sell sausage sandwiches for $2 and steak sandwiches for $3.50) it'll make the fans day to be served by Georgie or Choc after a game. Not only that they'll probably buy something else at the shop

Fight Eagles Fight! (Cause we can't win anyway)

Depressing season for us so far but being depressed is part & parcel of being a Philly fan (of all sports) & we've had a good decade, so can't complain. High hopes for the next five years.

Tailgates would be fantastic but it probably will never happen, Jono covered that pretty well IMO. An alternative would be the park area to the north of the oval, they've got BBQs there & a large enough open area. Could be an idea to get together there before a game one day.

As for the lambeau leap, I love the leap but doing it at Brooky would get nasty, fences are too low & there aren't enough fans to hold the players up.

Blake said:
Saints all the way!!!
Yeah bit of a happy ending - New Orleans had some shocking disasters & it prob meant more to them & they became everyones 2nd favourite team - a bit like NZ in the Yawnion this year after the earthquakes - sport is 1 thing that can help people in tough times - good results.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6