Football Club AGM 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
2012 Football Club Annual General Meeting

The Ninth Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited will be held on Thursday 13 December 2012 in the President's Lounge at Brookvale Oval at 7pm.

Download the AGM Notice of Meeting here or view it online at www.manlyfootballclub.com.au

This year's AGM will be a special one as two local juniors, Jason King and Anthony Watmough, have been nominated for election to Life Membership of the Football Club in recognition of their outstanding service to the Sea Eagles.

Having played over 200 First Grade games each for the Club and having contributed enormously to the Club's premiership successes in 2008 and 2011, they are both most deserving of the great honour of being listed alongside the 54 existing Life Members of the Football Club.

Administration Changes and New Football Club Website
Recently, the Football Club Board decided to bring the management of the Football Club Membership program back in-house (having previously used the services of both the Sea Eagles and Manly Leagues Club to administer Football Club membership sales and renewals on our behalf).

It is hoped this will provide a better platform for enhanced communication and engagement between the Football Club and our members.

To this end, the Football Club now has its own website, www.manlyfootballclub.com.au , which will be used to help articulate the Football Club's position on important issues.

Already, under the GOALS tab on the Football Club website, you will find a clear statement of the principles and goals adopted by the current Football Club Board that underpin and guide the decisions and actions we take on behalf of the Football Club and the Members.

Over time, we hope to further develop the Football Club website into a "Virtual Museum" for all the history, records and heritage of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles so that these vital elements of our past, and our future, are not only maintained and protected, but are made accessible for all Manly fans to enjoy.

The Football Club website also incorporates a comprehensive online Membership Management system, powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software, that will allow Members to manage their membership online (see further below).

New Football Club Phone Number and Postal Address
As part of the recent changes, we also have a new phone number and postal address for the Football Club. Given that protecting the traditions and heritage of our great Club is central to what the Football Club is all about, we are proud to pay homage to our first two premiership winning teams in 1972 and 73 with our new number, 1300-1972-73. We also think it will be easy for any diehard Manly fan to remember.
The new postal address of the Football Club is PO Box 239, Dee Why NSW 2099.

2013 Football Club Membership Renewals
Football Club Membership renewals for 2013 are now open. Membership is $25 for the year 1 Jan 2013 - 31 December 2013.

If you are not currently a member you can join on line by visiting the website.

For current members the easiest and best way to renew your Football Club Membership is to use our new online Membership Management system on the Football Club website.

Using your email address and a password, you can login to your Membership Profile where you can update your address and contact details and renew your membership online.

The Football Club uses Paypal to securely process membership renewals, so you can renew with your Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card or if you are a Paypal member, with your Paypal account.

If you are a member, your Membership Profile is currently linked to the email address that we have on file for you.

You must use this email address to first login to your membership profile, otherwise the system will not be able to retrieve your existing membership details. Once logged into your membership profile, you can change your email address if required.

To get started, you first need to reset your password using this link: http://membership.manlyfootballclub.com.au/Sys/ForgottenPasswordRequest
Enter your email address and the "captcha" code on screen to reset your password then follow the prompts to login to your Membership Profile where you can then initiate your membership renewal.

For those that prefer not to use our online membership renewal system, you can download a hard copy of the Membership Form from the website which you can complete and return by mail to PO Box 239, Dee Why NSW 2099.

Please note that if you have recently renewed your Sea Eagles Season Ticket and Membership for 2013 and selected the Football Club Membership upgrade option as part of that, you do not need to renew again with the Football Club.

Your renewal details and payment will be uploaded into the Football Club system once the information has been passed over from the Sea Eagles.

This occurs only semi-regularly, so if you renewal is not yet showing on your Membership profile, please check back in a few weeks to see if it has been updated.

An all new Football Club Membership card will be sent to all 2013 members in the new year.

For those Members that can't make the AGM, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.

Yours sincerely,
Bob Reilly
Chairman
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited

Can I add here that I think all of us should be members, $25.00 (it's peanuts really)....this will be my 7th year as a FC member.

The History Tab stops at 2008 :huh:

Would also be great if they added a Tab for the 534 First Grade Players :idea:

• 👍
Reactions: L80
HappilyManly said:
The History Tab stops at 2008 :huh:

Would also be great if they added a Tab for the 534 First Grade Players :idea:

Hi H,
Re the history - this is a work in progress - I've spoken with Sean Fagan who wrote the original about an update so stay tuned?

Re the graded player lists - see the annual report tab and look at page 9 of the 2011 report.

A more up to date one will be published when the 2012 report has been completed (Which Philip Dean is dutifully preparing - hopefully in time for the AGM!!)

Hope all's well and see you soon no doubt?

The Goals page makes interesting reading. I see the long term goal of "buying back" the club has suffered at the hands of a reality check.

The position statement on the board structure seems to encourage the continuation of tantrums and pi$$ing contests. I like this one

" Football Club supports all Private Shareholders being absolutely and totally independent of each other in every respect "

.....including the future direction of MWSE no doubt.

vidmar said:
Re the graded player lists - see the annual report tab and look at page 9 of the 2011 report.

Thanks, Vid
You are determined to make us read the Annual Reports, aren't you :p

Don't forget to get the Coaches (Buses) when adding our 2011 Premiership.

The new website is a vast improvement on what we had, I imagine also it's "work in progress"... so well done MWFC Ltd

Question for Vidmar

Is there any reason why memberships are onyl renewable for a year. Most clubs have 3, 5 or 10 year memberships these days?

My preference would be to renew for a longer period (ie set and forget).

Cheers - PS hope all is well!

....Please note that if you have recently renewed your Sea Eagles Season Ticket and Membership for 2013 and selected the Football Club Membership upgrade option as part of that, you do not need to renew again with the Football Club.

Your renewal details and payment will be uploaded into the Football Club system once the information has been passed over from the Sea Eagles.

This occurs only semi-regularly, so if you renewal is not yet showing on your Membership profile, please check back in a few weeks to see if it has been updated.........

I joined for the first time using this method but it seems the sea eagles haven't forwarded my details over yet. :(

Anyone know how 'regularly' is semi? (In other words, any idea when this will happen?)

cheers!

@[vidmar]
@[Larissa]

@[anyonewhoknowsanythingatallabouthis]
@[IcantrememberMatt'susernameheresorry]

I paid for the $25 in my annual Maroon Pass renewal process.

Larissa, how do we create a login on the Football Club website?
I tried typing in the email that I used to renew the Maroon Pass back in September, but the website does not recognise it.

This is all good, I can see it being like a hall of fame with pictures of old teams and players.
I like the Idea of checking my membership status on line.
It seems the football club has its position on the owner ship model stated.
I support all of this. Good work to the Bob Reilly and the board for being so proactive.

HappilyManly said:

I tried typing in the email that I used to renew the Maroon Pass back in September, but the website does not recognise it.

Hi, any questions regarding Football Club matters including membership and web access can be dealt with by me (Larissa I've answered this question off line) Best contact is [email protected] or leave a message on 1300 197273

The Wheel said:
Question for Vidmar

Is there any reason why memberships are onyl renewable for a year. Most clubs have 3, 5 or 10 year memberships these days?

My preference would be to renew for a longer period (ie set and forget).

Cheers - PS hope all is well!

G'day Wheel,
This topic has been discussed, agreed and prices set to encourage longer term membership options so stay tuned? - in the meantime run with the 12 month option and we'll update members as and when we are able to implement the new plans?

HappilyManly said:

**********************!

Edit: Mr V.idmar emailed me. He's the best and I feel 're'- loved!!!!!

Edit Edit: Everything is sorted! Bob is da man.

Many Thanks !!!!

vidmar said:
Please note that if you have recently renewed your Sea Eagles Season Ticket and Membership for 2013 and selected the Football Club Membership upgrade option as part of that, you do not need to renew again with the Football Club.

This occurs only semi-regularly, so if you renewal is not yet showing on your Membership profile, please check back in a few weeks to see if it has been updated.

@[vidmar],

I hope that the information pass over and upload onto the Football Club system occurs regularly enough to be prior to 1 Jan 2013 so that our memberships remain continuous

All renewals received via MWSE will be processed for the 2013 membership period (we get the date received as part of the file)

We also include a "grace" period in to the new year for late renewals.

The new software will allow us to better manage automatic email reminders and give us greater view of anyone that may have overlooked their membership so we can communicate this to people (important to make sure we have correct contact details on file...)

The frequency that info will be passed to us from the Eagles membership will depend on the volume of memberships they receive for us (don't worry - we don't get the cash until they do the transfer so we keep a good eye on it...)

It is more practical to transfer a block at a time rather than ones and twos?

Although the design of the new FC membership cards has been finalised (I reckon they look pretty good!) the production company won't be able to print and despatch until early in the new year.

We've already had 2 people that have paid twice so remember if you tick the upgrade on your Eagles membership you don't need to renew direct?

A great move by the football club in my opinion. Alot more professional and transperant, ESP for those who don't live in Sydney.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4