Flying high / zero hour.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I still laugh at "Airplane"

Found this a good watch.

My Uncle Frank used to work with Hawker Siddeley and worked on the Jump Jet. He was a real clever guy, went to Geneva and talked to other clever guys at mathematics conferences........I used to visit him in Sligo and we'd go swimming, pretty cold in Ireland in winter, he'd never take a towel....contracted pleurisy, immune systems down....another conference, people from all around the globe.......TB, died age 31.............god wanted us to fly he'd have given us immunity.

My Uncle Frank used to work with Hawker Siddeley and worked on the Jump Jet. He was a real clever guy, went to Geneva and talked to other clever guys at mathematics conferences........I used to visit him in Sligo and we'd go swimming, pretty cold in Ireland in winter, he'd never take a towel....contracted pleurisy, immune systems down....another conference, people from all around the globe.......TB, died age 31.............god wanted us to fly he'd have given us immunity.

I honestly don't know if this actually happened to an uncle of yours or...

It's in one of those movies. :(

So I don't know whether to rate it funny , or informative.

His real name was Harry but he was known by his middle name Frank so he wouldn't be confused with his old man who was also Harry
Harry Sandham (1917-1963) was born in Dublin, and grew up there and in Sligo. He was educated at Trinity College Dublin, and following a decade teaching there he worked with John L. Synge at DIAS, under whom he completed his PhD. He then moved to English Electric Labs (Staffordshire), but died relatively young. He is best remembered as a problem setter and solver.

His real name was Harry but he was known by his middle name Frank so he wouldn't be confused with his old man who was also Harry
Harry Sandham (1917-1963) was born in Dublin, and grew up there and in Sligo. He was educated at Trinity College Dublin, and following a decade teaching there he worked with John L. Synge at DIAS, under whom he completed his PhD. He then moved to English Electric Labs (Staffordshire), but died relatively young. He is best remembered as a problem setter and solver.
Was a bit confused about his age when he died, I've never been much good at maths. EEL worked on the jump jet engines. He never got to see the first flight.

Last edited:
Never heard of it Moz. Where'd you see it?

I stumbled across it on Foxtel. It's not the same as the flying high, top secret or hot shots type movies (which I love).......but it's pretty funny. It's a spoof of old kungfu movies. It's really well made! They actually splice Steve Oedekerk (Who wrote, directed and starred in it) into and original 1970 kungfu movie. Like they did with Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump...and then dub over all the audio with (crazy/funny) english. You have to watch the background...listen to the audio of the extras etc. You'll always miss something the first time. It's just a mad film made for laughs.

Sorry, back on track....does anyone else have the Police Squad dvd's from the tv show? They are piss funny...and here's one from way back that us old timers probably know about...The Kentucky Fried Movie! Hilarious.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8