Fix up the brookie hill

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look,i know the hill has been a big part of our lives but after almost 40 years of being there at home games it really should have full seating now.It's just too old now.Don't put a grandstand up,just seats. Yes,the hill has tradition,romance,memories, blah,blah...but it worked for the SCG.Why not our place?

Because being stuck on a crap plastic seat getting belted by the sun or the rain or the wind is a miserable experience.

Being able to stand up & move around on a hill is far less of a claustrophobic experience even though you can fit more people into the area.

That's why.

Duff link said:
Because being stuck on a crap plastic seat getting belted by the sun or the rain or the wind is a miserable experience.

Being able to stand up & move around on a hill is far less of a claustrophobic experience even though you can fit more people into the area.

That's why.
So it's better sitting on the grass when getting soaked or baked? That's what the other stands are for.Personally,i love watching the game in the open,seating would make for a more comfortable day with no more "down in front!" being yelled out,and less blues.(not that there are that many fights anyway)

Nah, I can't sit down and watch footy. It just doesn't work.

I would definitely rather stand in the rain and jump around than be stuck in a miserable wet-arsed chair.

The "down in front"ers need to get off their clackers & realise they're not on a picnic.

Duff link said:

I would definitely rather stand in the rain and jump around than be stuck in a miserable wet-arsed chair.

The \"down in front\"ers need to get off their clackers & realise they're not on a picnic.
People are quite entitled to sit down aren't they?My main point is seating would give all of us a good view of the game and if you want stand up at the back of the hill,go to it,as i have done for many years.

larry tate II link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=182035.msg245941#msg245941 date=1258506190]

The \"down in front\"ers need to get off their clackers & realise they're not on a picnic.
People are quite entitled to sit down aren't they?My main point is seating would give all of us a good view of the game and if you want stand up at the back of the hill,go to it,as i have done for many years.
[/quote]

So what you are saying is that people are entitled to sit down but not entitled to stand?

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=larry tate II link=topic=182035.msg245942#msg245942 date=1258506609]

[/quote]

So what you are saying is that people are entitled to sit down but not entitled to stand?
[/quote]Where did I say that?

I'm with Duff on this one, suburban grounds with hills are a drawing point for a lot of fans as well.

I can see the benefit of upgrading the seating in the GA area as those old benches are well beyond their used by dates. Some cover up the top of the hill in say the family hill area.

As for getting rid of the hill & replacing it with seating; i'm sure there are more pressing things that the money needs to be spent on first & at least while we have the hill Brooky is a craphole suburban ground with a hill & good standing room rather than another craphole suburban ground.

larry tate II link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=182035.msg245943#msg245943 date=1258507090]
[quote author=larry tate II link=topic=182035.msg245942#msg245942 date=1258506609]

[/quote]

[/quote]Where did I say that?
[/quote]

when you said you want the hill covered in seats

Pretend beer after half time, smoking ban on the hill and now a call to make it all seating....
Crazy Talk - there will be a push to move the beer shed next because it obstructs peoples view....

Thin edge of the wedge people......

Still think we should build a proper beer shed with toilets on top.

Have teh urinals looking over the oval through a window so you dont miss the game.

Fluffy link said:
Still think we should build a proper beer shed with toilets on top.

Have teh urinals looking over the oval through a window so you dont miss the game.

Now that is a great idea

What chance the hill getting fixed when we can get the toilets sorted.....

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6