Finals week 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Who we play is up to us

If we finish in

3rd: Manly vs Souths Next Friday 7:45 pm ANZ Stadium

If we finish in

4th: Manly vs Easts Next Saturday 4:00 pm SFS ( double header). It could possibly be the 7pm game if NRL decide they think Roosters game will have higher TV Ratings at night and competing with AFL game on the same night.

The question is who do we want to play?

The likely outcome I think is storm to take 3rd ( they will give it to titans 30+ with us winning in a close one on Sunday)

Both games will be hard, i know Manly have alot of experience this time of year but Souths and the Roosters are both hard prospects. Souths seems to get alot of calls go their way and you can never write off a team with Inglis in the side, Roosters have strike all over the park and and it seems SBW is warming to the finals nicely, they also won with a few players out. I don't think it matters who we play as long as we go up a gear and play as well as we did last week against the Storm, if we do we can beat anyone on our day.

Gives me the ****s that they had already decided souffs were playing whoever on Friday no matter if it was 1 or 2

The finals scheduling should be referred to the Integrity Commission. Makes it a farce that finishing higher on the ladder (3rd) may incur a disadvantage in preparation time for such a crucial match.

panash said:
A 4 day break between games , is just UNFAIR !!

I would like to suggest that a committee be formed who were capable of holding an investigation...ITS RIDICULOUS!

Agree with berkley thought the team that finishes 1st plays friday night, thats what happened with the dogs last year they were 1st and we were 4th. Why change it? Anyways confident we can overcome anything with our experience in finals footy.

I guess the NRL put Souths on Friday as none of their supporters have jobs and they can make the game on time

manlyfan76 said:
panash said:
A 4 day break between games , is just UNFAIR !!

I would like to suggest that a committee be formed who were capable of holding an investigation...ITS RIDICULOUS!

Will somebody please think of the children!

davohan123 said:
Who we play is up to us

If we finish in

3rd: Manly vs Souths Next Friday 7:45 pm ANZ Stadium

If we finish in

4th: Manly vs Easts Next Saturday 4:00 pm SFS ( double header). It could possibly be the 7pm game if NRL decide they think Roosters game will have higher TV Ratings at night and competing with AFL game on the same night.

The question is who do we want to play?

The likely outcome I think is storm to take 3rd ( they will give it to titans 30+ with us winning in a close one on Sunday)

Hi unlikely storm will win by 30+. Titans are a good side and still have the chance of making the finals

Manly can win next Friday and then have 2 weeks off to recover :)

Let's just trust in 2v and the Mighty Manly Spirit, to bring home the Trophy once more :angel:

With a 4 day turnaround we should rest the entire starting 13. Show it up for the farce that it is.

It's this simple:

Souths and Dogs:
- must play at ANZ
- can't play Sat night due to Swans
- that forces Fri night (Souths) and Sun afto (Dogs)
(yes those games could be reversed in theory but obv Souths is the way bigger Fri night drawcard)

Roosters and Sharks:
- must play at Allianz
- can't play Fri night or Sun afto due to Souths and Dogs
- that forces a Sat double header

No other options folks!

lillchip said:
It's this simple:

Souths and Dogs:
- must play at ANZ
- can't play Sat night due to Swans
- that forces Fri night (Souths) and Sun afto (Dogs)
(yes those games could be reversed in theory but obv Souths is the way bigger Fri night drawcard)

Roosters and Sharks:
- must play at Allianz
- can't play Fri night or Sun afto due to Souths and Dogs
- that forces a Sat double header

No other options folks!

I would prefer to play Roosters, with JWH most probably being suspended, i don't think they played that great last night. Souths will be stinging to make amends for that lost and will be very hard to beat come next week. I think the Roosters halves would buckle under pressure against the skill and class of Foran, Gifty, Lyon and DCE...

I'm with you Mac.

Much rather go to SFS on Sat where we love winning than battling the Fri night peakhour disaster against the angry ferals (on and off the field). Yes SBW is good but Matai will smother him.

So if Toov's agrees here's the big question. Assuming Storm win tonight, does he pull out several more players so that we conveniently only win by a small margin, or potentially lose, in order to 'drop' to 4th place?

Nobody wants a loss going into the semi's in theory, but if it's one where we not only rested Brett and Choc, but also say Matai, Kitey and DCE who would care.

The NRL prove once again that they are actually the NO REAL LEADERSHIP. Hey Smith here is an idea, why not select the fixtures for the last rounds say at the completion of round 22 when the top four should be pretty much decided then pick those teams (as best as possible) to play their matches on the Thurs, Fri, Sat of round 26. then they can play on the Fri Sat the next week with most likely a full week rest. a minor inconvenience to the top four clubs with scheduling but they wont care because they are being looked after for the first week of the finals. At worst one team would play on the sat and then the friday but maybe they could go friday to friday or thursday to even Sat FFS. You are guaranteed that 9 get there big Friday night and Fox can have a team playing for the 8 on sat/sun.
Its time to get proactive.

Roosters look like the best option to me. Manly could win the penalty count against them. Also, receive a longer rest and I think Manly has improved a lot since their last game against the roosters.

I am confident we will beat either. The only reason we didn't beat either of the Roosters or Rabbits this year was because of 2 things, poor execution and poor officials. One thing is for certain, our execution will be clinical as Gus mentioned last night and we won't be robbed again by the reffs. I think our biggest threat is the Storm or Dogs

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6