Finals hold 'em IT'S not quite attempting to get away with murder, but South Sydney coach Jason Taylor says the Rabbitohs are supremely confident they can save David Fa'alogo's National Rugby League season. Fa'alogo will join New Zealand Test teammate Sonny Bill Williams in heading to the NRL judiciary tonight, with Williams to seek a downgrade on his grade-two striking charge. Fa'alogo will risk a seven-match ban by pleading not guilty to his grade-four striking charge for his hit on Sydney Roosters pivot Braith Anasta last Saturday night. The fearsome back-rower could have taken a five-game ban with an early plea, but that still would have ended his finals campaign and ruled him out of next month's Test against Australia. Instead Taylor said the Bunnies were confident they had a case which could clear Fa'alogo to play against Manly on Saturday night. "We feel there is something that we can defend there," Taylor said. "I don't really want to talk too much about it, there'll be plenty of press about it once it's done. We do want to defend Dave because we don't think it's as black and white as it looks." It is believed they will argue that an Anasta grapple tackle provoked Fa'alogo into taking matters into his own hands. The Bunnies were reportedly upset that referee Ben Cummins had missed several grapple tackles earlier in the game. Fa'alogo apologised to the club and its fans yesterday and said he retaliated because he was being choked. He will be represented by prominent Sydney barrister Geoff Bellew, a director at Manly Leagues Club. Souths co-owner Peter Holmes a Court said he found it staggering Anasta escaped scrutiny for his alleged grapple tackle. "I don't understand why it's OK to strangle a player and you don't get charged for that," Holmes a Court said. "I'm disappointed you can put that much pressure on someone's windpipe and apparently it's not a problem." Williams will risk an extra week's suspension in the hope of missing only Saturday night's trip to Townsville to take on the Cowboys. He pleaded guilty to striking North Queensland star Johnathan Thurston but will argue that the grade two charge should be reduced to grade one. Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said the club was not only taking the punt because of the importance of the finals series. "We would have contested it whether it was the middle of the season or the finals - we don't believe it's a grade two charge," Folkes said. "We've seen a number of grade twos and grade ones and we think it's more in line with the grade ones. "We think they're all worse the Sonny's - most of them were leading with an elbow whereas Sonny's was leading with his hands up and trying to push him over." The Kiwi international forward would have received a two-match ban if he accepted the early plea. If he is unsuccessful tonight he'll be ruled out for three matches, meaning the Bulldogs would have to make the grand final for Williams to play again this season.