Fifita BACKFLIPS on Titans backflip. Flips off Broncos, wont be back!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s not really a backflip if it was just speculating reporters reporting on a potential move.

different thing than players backing out after contracts signed and club announcements made.

pity, woulda been great for the titans to get him, they’ve got Tino from the storm who is gonna be a helluva player

Exactly, a bit of tin foil hat stuff going on here isn't there.

I take the point of the thread but we are taking the word of a journo saying he told the Broncos he was leaving to taking the word of another journo saying he's going to stay, then follow up taking the word of a journo saying the Titans have upped the ante.

As far as we know he hadn't signed a contract with the Titans so all is speculation.....just like the same radio and TV programs taking it as gospel that AFB abused the refs in the tunnel.

Just for hilarity I would like to see Fifita turn down the tits and broncs and end up at the roosters for "$300".....@:D
Actually it's probably on the cards.

The Chooks could have the entire Aussie test team as their first XVII, plus half the Tongan and Kiwi sides for the rest of their squad and their fans and those like Phil Gould will still swear blind they aren't over the cap and that its just that Uncle Nick and his minions are the best at it.

Attachments

• Roosters Salary Cap.jpg
    Roosters Salary Cap.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 12
  • Salary Cap.jpg
    Salary Cap.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 12
The big difference is that DCE backflipped on the Tits to stay with a Sydney based club. Fifita apparently now wants to stay in Brisbane so he's at least staying with one of the Qld based clubs.

Although lets be honest. If that had been sCam Smith who decided to stay with Melbourne and had backflipped on the Tits 5 years ago the Qld media would have barely said boo about it.
Melbourne is basically a qld club

Melbourne is basically a qld club
Absolutely, I can’t remember one locally brought through junior making the grade.

Rugby League almost doesn’t exist in Victoria so in essence they are just a a Queensland side planted in Melbourne so the the NRL can use the word “ National “ in their name.

Absolute smoke & mirrors

Absolutely, I can’t remember one locally brought through junior making the grade.

Rugby League almost doesn’t exist in Victoria so in essence they are just a a Queensland side planted in Melbourne so the the NRL can use the word “ National “ in their name.

Absolute smoke & mirrors

Mate I've been saying for a while now that Melbourne will never have to rely on getting their juniors from the rugby league ranks of Victoria. The NRL want Melbourne to be successful simply because its located right in the heart of AFL territory. A successful NRL team in Melbourne is good for business, not to mention bragging rights with the AFL. If the Storm ever had to rely on getting their juniors actually from Melbourne or anywhere else in Victoria, they would be bottom 4 just about every single year. Thus they get to have Qld Cup clubs as their junior feeders.

David Gallop hit them with the big stick when they got caught rorting the salary cap. If that had been Greenturd in charge at the time they would have been hit with a feather duster at best. And as good as V'Landys has been for the game in recent times, he's no dummy and he knows full well that a successful team in Melbourne is good for NRL business so don't expect anything to change anytime soon.

Mate I've been saying for a while now that Melbourne will never have to rely on getting their juniors from the rugby league ranks of Victoria. The NRL want Melbourne to be successful simply because its located right in the heart of AFL territory. A successful NRL team in Melbourne is good for business, not to mention bragging rights with the AFL. If the Storm ever had to rely on getting their juniors actually from Melbourne or anywhere else in Victoria, they would be bottom 4 just about every single year. Thus they get to have Qld Cup clubs as their junior feeders.

David Gallop hit them with the big stick when they got caught rorting the salary cap. If that had been Greenturd in charge at the time they would have been hit with a feather duster at best. And as good as V'Landys has been for the game in recent times, he's no dummy and he knows full well that a successful team in Melbourne is good for NRL business so don't expect anything to change anytime soon.
Agree with that 110%

The two most successful clubs over the past 15 years are Easts and Melbourne. Neither supply any/many juniors. It proves that money buys premierships.
Supporting this claim is Doesn'tmatta. It has a huge nursery of juniors yet has been a massive failure in terms of results for 30-plus years. Yet this season they are leading the comp and (unless I'm mistaken) have NO local juniors in their top 13. They have bought rather than bred, and it is paying dividends.
There is no incentive in the NRL for cultivating juniors. How is that good for the long-term prosperity of the sport?

Whoever got Tino for four years at the Titans, should (and hopefully is) in charge of negotiations. It sucks that bottom four clubs have to pay massive overs, just to be in the hunt in this apparent "level" playing field era. Grab me a bucket. :sick:

....Or....If he accepts 550K less, there's something dodgy going on and the NRL should refuse to register the contract.

I can understand if a player from a Sydney team saying no if it meant going to the Cowboys, Storm, Broncos or Titans but saying no to a club an hours drive away is a bit suss.

If it was the dogs offering him that sort of money it's possible he would rather stay in Queensland for family or personal reasons but saying no to travel an hour away is completely different.

Absolute smoke & mirrors
There are plenty of local juniors there Mark. It’s just they all play for Collingwood or Richmond, Carlton etc. it’s because nobody in Melbourne gives a f*** about rugby league except what appears to be a group of expat kiwis who live there and don’t understand afl.

If it was the dogs offering him that sort of money it's possible he would rather stay in Queensland for family or personal reasons but saying no to travel an hour away is completely different.
Couldn't he hire a farkin Lear jet with the extra money? He is an idiot if he doesn't take the money 500k extra on a one year contract. He can go back to his beloved Broncos the year after. Meninga was a good player, not a very good coach. Throwing that much money at player for just one year reeks of desperation..

Just on the gold coast, the suns afl team are about to break their membership record this year.

14000 members.

Apparently now confirmed he's off to the Titans.
Signing a player of his standing could pump up their morale immediately, even making them a tougher opponent for the rest of this year. Time will tell.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4