Ferguson drinks nothing but the atmosphere at Manly versus Rabbitohs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
GIVEN Blake Ferguson, by his own admission, is no longer news, we’ll go straight to the stuff that is.

Like, Manly.

Knowing that if anything can upstage the exiled NSW Origin star – on Friday night sitting four rows behind the Rabbitohs dugout in Gosford - it has to be this mob of Sea Eagles who not only upset the NRL premiership favourites, but won so ugly, we’re pretty sure at least two of their cheerleaders fainted in shock.

Truly, when it comes to the grind, where do we start?

Is it Daly Cherry-Evans winning Man of the Match with a bung neck? Or hooker Matt Ballin making 60 tackles?

And what about the way a guy like Kieran Foran puts his hand up in a side missing not one Stewart brother, but two?

“I just think this side thrives when we’re up against it,’’ Ballin said afterwards.

“When there’s adversity, that’s when we like to play.”

And on Friday at Bluetongue Stadium, Manly played tough.

Hanging on and grinding out. Persisting.

Truly, even Fergo looked impressed.

Only days after being outed by The Daily Telegraph for breaking a self-imposed booze ban -- and then tweeting for the media to lay off because “I’m not news anymore” -- the exiled leaguie chatted with fans, posed for pictures and drank down nothing but atmosphere.

And while Bluetongue Stadium was almost 7000 short of a sell-out (and we did warn you NRL types Coasties would eventually stay away) there was still plenty of feeling.

Like when Manly, trailing 12-6 with 16 minutes to play, finally found -- through a little Jamie Buhrer jink - about as much groove as one needs on a night with 27 handling errors. A game with so many fumbles that, by half-time alone, referee Shayne Hayne grabbed the Steeden and, to nobody in particular, asked: “Is there soap on this?”

But this, remember, is March. A time of year when players chase timing and cohesion like a drunkard searching for that pub with a 3am curfew. And suddenly there was super sub Buhrer stepping, drawing, finding Cherry-Evans -- TRY.

In defence, too, Manly produced an effort that kept Souths to just four points in the opening 40 minutes. And even then, that try came only after Manly enforcer Anthony Watmough was penalised, and put on report, for giving Joe Picker what, at worst, seemed to be a slight ‘cuff’ - honestly we don’t know how else to describe it - as the Souths forward lay on the turf.

Honestly, it was the softest thing Manly did all night.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/blake-ferguson-drinks-nothing-but-the-atmosphere-at-manly-versus-rabbitohs-on-friday/story-fni3fbgz-1226855264776

Geez they write a lot of crap.

I ask, if Manly had got beaten in the last minute would that mean their effort would not of been as great.

Face it, it was a crap game. We were lucky for once.

Our future looks bright.

We did have some luck and yes they write a lot of sensationalist garbage. I thought if Kingy did not play last night the Souths pack would have got on top of ours and they would have won

Ferguson was looking at Sammys squirrel grip.

Never know how handy that could be when you are out clubbing

Lets be honest, this guy is a disgrace of a muslim. Choosing when you will and will not abstain from alcohol isnt optional. If you believe in Allah, then you dont drink booze. Cant one of the senior islamic mufti's give him 50 lashes for constantly breaking the rules of the koran? I think thats fair

Lord Eagleton said:
Lets be honest, this guy is a disgrace of a muslim. Choosing when you will and will not abstain from alcohol isnt optional. If you believe in Allah, then you dont drink booze. Cant one of the senior islamic mufti's give him 50 lashes for constantly breaking the rules of the koran? I think thats fair

The Man said that he would knock him out himself if Fergie went back on the drink :cool:

Love to see that as an half time entertainment slot :idea:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4