Favourite quote

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
My current favourite saying at the moment is

"That's fine David, I am up here shaking your hand but you owe me an apology".

People just don't get it and it drives my wife nuts and it reminds me of our grand final win and I am all smiles.

Reminds me of Fattys '87 Grand Final victory speech of Canberra
"the had a fairytale run, but the last page was ripped out".

codewana said:
Was it ever confirmed what Snake said to DG?

Nothing has been confirmed but if you ask all the so called know it all journos then the above quote pretty much sums it up. The Telstra guy next to Galloping Goose was nodding his head agreeing with whatever Brett was saying though!

Saturdays paper here in Rocky said the young bloke standing next to them on stage is a Rocky boy. He's off on a school camp at the moment but his parents phone has been ringing hot with people wanting to know what was said. I'll keep my ear to the ground.

Apparently all Brett said was " David, people are going to wonder what I'm saying right now"

thinking of quotes

What about quotes of manly coaches

Peter Sharps one was its a learning FFS pete you were in 3.5 season how long did it take to learm.

Dessies
The Rub of the Green
and the money on

Under the radar (god im gonna miss that radar when he goes)

My favourite quote of Dessie's in recent times was:

Journo: You must acknowledge Manly are favourites to win the GF?
Des: Only with the bookies.

des is a funny one
I;ve heard him critised by fans for not acknowledging or having time for the fans and some ways its true however you compare des to Peter Sharp who was a very personable bloke to fans and would love a chat.

I knowwho id rather be the coach of my club that is as reserved as des and wins 2 comps in 8 years to a bloke with sharpies record.

Sharpy's favourite line in a press conference was "That's footy!"
Didn't that always fill you with confidence.

"I hope he gets run over by a cement truck on the way home" Bozo 1987 refering to Bill Harrigan after his referee performance against the Sharks.

"We'll have a bat"

Fatty after winning the toss at the 87 GF

"Waiting for Cronulla to win the Premiership is like leaving the porch light on for Harold Holt."- Jack Gibson.

...and the best one:

We want to be one of the game's powerhouses on and off the field"- Northern Eagles CEO Graham McNaney, early 2001

....and the last one (maybe)

"Now I have worked it out. We play Manly in the thirds, NSW in the seconds and Australia in the Firsts."
Don Furner on the star studded Sea Eagles - Feb 17, 1983

..and for the scumdogs:

"St George won 11 premierships with one Raper, imagine how Canterbury will go with 13" Darren Lockyer does his bit for Political correctness and sensitivity training in the NRL.

Bart Cummins was under a lot of scrutiny by stewards in the 80's and his property was be inspected almost every other week.

The stewards of course found nothing but on one day issued Bart with a notice for "having too many flies' in stabling area.

Barts reply was "you let me know how many I should have and I will rid of the rest".

Can't remember who said it but a commentator referring to a referee who was keeping the defensive team a long way back from the ruck said,
"If that's 10 metres, I'd like to be buying carpet from this bloke"

trevnev said:
Can't remember who said it but a commentator referring to a referee who was keeping the defensive team a long way back from the ruck said,
"If that's 10 metres, I'd like to be buying carpet from this bloke"
plus these two oldies,

"played at more clubs than Elvis"

"..he was born offside"

Arko's line was best when asked about why Manly decided to merge with Norths in the end, he said "Well if your going to get F***ed you may as well lay back and try to enjoy it)."

Also Jason Hetherington from Bulldogs when it was put to him that Daryl Halligan was kicking really well he said "Yeah i would hate to be his Dog".

There was also Mick Monaghans classic, i can't remember the ref but he had just called Monas and the other captain out to talk about there being to many consecutive penalties. An out of breath and frustrated Monaghan buts in and says "Well stop giving penalties".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4