Favourite For Wooden Spoon 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Realisticly all it takes is a dce injury and were dead in the water..

Personally I don't think we will get the spoon, but with a similar (if not worse) roster than last year I can very easily see why people would think were a real chance at it..

Add in how des's last season as head coach went...

As a reminder, here is a list of all the teams that are playing this year (in alphabetical order)
Brisbane Broncos
Canberra Raiders
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Gold Coast Titans
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
Melbourne Storm
Newcastle Knights
New Zealand Warriors
North Queensland Cowboys
Parramatta Eels
Penrith Panthers
South Sydney Rabbitohs
St. George Illawarra Dragons
Sydney Roosters
Wests Tigers

I think Warriors might struggle, and Tigers, and Dogs ... but I don't look at that list and see a bunch of obvious Manly wins.
Will certainly be interesting to see how Des can galvanise the troops.

Hopefully the team uses that as motivation for an improvement this season. But i can see why we are lumped in that group, our depth is mainly reliant on unknown players.

Roosters after Nick gets a little senile and slips on how the rorters have been able to attract the players they have had on the books.
Stripped of the last two premierships and salary cap reduced by a million.
Yeah nick won’t live forever, and he has no heirs.

16.Titans = last for mine.
15. Dogs = could have a real shocker
14. Sharks = will not be the same club under John Morris.
13. Parra = don't have the Cattle and are still carrying Tim Mannah.
12. Raiders = might improve they cleaned out and refreshed the backroom coaching staff it might pay off.
11. Warriors = will go seriously backward without Johnson & Blake Green is over-rated & will breakdown. Kearney had a 2018 like Barretts 2017 (Lucky result)
10. West Tigers = Still don't have the cattle.
9. Knights = Kalyn Ponga will not have the same impact due to other teams doing serious homework on him
8. Souths = Bennett will get a half decent season out of the change
7. Manly = a big improvement but missing a bit of depth, this is where i reckon we end up.
6. St Merge = don't think they have any improvement in them but won't drop too far.
5. Cowboys = will improve but will still struggle without JT.
4. Melbourne = Last season in top 4, the rot will set in this season and once Smith starts missing a few games through injury the struggle will begin.
3. Roosters = Will not go too far backwards but won't be the team of last season.
2. Penrith = Big Improvers and will challlenge for the GF
1. Broncos = Will Improve substantially coupled with another dream draw, much to the annoyance of every other club.

If Manly had one more first rate strike centre I would be calling top 4 ......... Forwards are in the top 3 ..... spine is top 4 all day every day .... centres are the only issue .....

But I am confident we have enough young talent to get the job done ..... top 8 all day ...

I see us finishing 10th. I can see us finishing ahead of Tigers, Canberra, Titans, Doesn'tmatta, Worriers and Canterbury.
Looking at the other rosters and it's obvious that we are down on class backs. I think Arko was right. We are relying on DESpicable and the other great off-field staff to make up for our marginal player strength.
Apart from Easts - the only club that seems to get stronger after winning a comp - I think that Illawarra will be vieing for the title. They will still have Widdop so it's this year or go back to being also-rans in 2020. Of course, Corey Norman could derail their season as he's done before at Doesn'tmatta.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2