Fans savage Manly Sea Eagles after suffering heavy loss to Sydney Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Fans have savaged Manly's performance against the Roosters at Lottoland on Sunday, as they suffered a 56-24 drubbing at the hands of the tricolours.

The 56-point haul was the most conceded by any team in 2018, and it was the first time the Sea Eagles had conceded 50 points in a game at Brookvale since 2004.

The visitors came charging out of the blocks, scoring six first-half tries to lead 34-6 at the break.

So incensed were the Manly faithful that they could be heard booing their team as they went up the tunnel to the sheds at half-time.
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ns-sydney-roosters/109i7aevo4rvo1en3unqdkyfn8

If our position on the ladder wasn't enough to turn up today then what will it take. What a disgraceful turn that crap foooty up in front of Manly legends and at home
It was the worst Ive seen for many many many tears.

Clear out the cabinet on that performance, the spoon is on its way.

All the booing they got was deserved today was the most embrassing defensive performance of any nrl team I've seen in a very long time !! Arm grabbing just isn't good enough !! I feel like we won't win any more games this year with that defence !!

Fans have savaged Manly's performance against the Roosters at Lottoland on Sunday, as they suffered a 56-24 drubbing at the hands of the tricolours.

The 56-point haul was the most conceded by any team in 2018, and it was the first time the Sea Eagles had conceded 50 points in a game at Brookvale since 2004.

The visitors came charging out of the blocks, scoring six first-half tries to lead 34-6 at the break.

So incensed were the Manly faithful that they could be heard booing their team as they went up the tunnel to the sheds at half-time.
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ns-sydney-roosters/109i7aevo4rvo1en3unqdkyfn8
Very disappointed no Silvertails posters were quoted feathered friend.
This site should be the first place you would look one would think...

Defence ? What Defence ?
11 tries
in 80 minutes
is one try every 7 minutes
It could have been worse as the Roosters bombed a couple

It could have been worse than that. IMO we were lucky Lane didn't get called for a knock-on in the lead up to his try.

The last time Manly conceded 50 at Brookvale was July 4, 2004 when we lost 50-32 to the Dogs.

We actually conceded 50 points in 4 straight home games in 2003:

Rd.19 - 20 July - Chooks 50 def. Manly 26
Rd.22 - 10 August - Canberra 51 def. Manly 16
Rd.23 - 17 August - Dogs 56 def. Manly 24
Rd.25 - 30 August - Penrith 52 def. Manly 26

Last edited:
It could have been worse than that. IMO we were lucky Lane didn't get called for a knock-on in the lead up to his try.

The last time Manly conceded 50 at Brookvale was July 4, 2004 when we lost 50-32 to the Dogs.

2003 team / P Sharp
Sam Murphy
Hoppa
Reeves
Mguiness
Donald
Luke Dorn
Ferris
Luke Williamson
Watmough
Nathan Long
Jason King
Chad Randall
Aaron canning
Bench
Lima
Winter
Shipway
Sam Harris

Yep and we still won 7 games that year.. Thank god for souffs though.

For me the "booing" is a bad thing and all supporters should think before doing it. I get that everyone is pissed at the team/coach and I am very disappointed with the whole thing as well but once you start "booing" a team, where does it stop?

I will never ever boo my team!! What I saw yesterday was inept. Their first try came down to one team being urgent and desperate and the other team being reactive and not committed, the first five minutes you could tell it was going to be a long afternoon.

People grow from adversity and right now it is where we are. Every fan accepts that there will be some seasons where the team fails, what I see this season is not only failure but a lack of a plan for our future. We need to get our crap together in the front office because there is a smell of unprofessionalism right through the club!!

For me the "booing" is a bad thing and all supporters should think before doing it. I get that everyone is pissed at the team/coach and I am very disappointed with the whole thing as well but once you start "booing" a team, where does it stop?

I was at the game and will admit I was one of those booing- they deserved it after that disgraceful first half of tackling (not)

Players need to know how much the fans were hurting. They are happy to lap up the cheers when we do well so the reverse is fair

Our big boys are too slow .... & the rest of our team is too slow ..... between the ears as well as over the ground ..... clone Joel Thompson & Jake's hearts and replace all the others with them .... do we have a defence coach/

I was speaking with a mate last night, a fellow Manly sufferer, and we spoke at length. We were saying there is no soul or heart or pride for our jersey anymore. Shaun Lane looks like he cant wait to get out. There is no structure, nothing. My mate said that Barrett should have got Jake and Marty off with 10 to go as they didnt deserve to walk off with all those other imposters, they gave there all, especially Jake, maybe a few others but not Many. I read a good post on FB where someone wrote, Baz might be the next big thing in coaching, but that wont happen at Manly, I have to agree. We have too many young players in the team and he doesnt seem to know how to coach them, they need a coach with experience so they can go to the next level, that wont happen with Baz, I hope I am wrong.He has seven games to change my mind. I ran into Grant Goldman at Brookie last year, we had a chat and I said to him, whats happening here and he said, there is nothing Manly here anymore, well only Fulton but he was getting paid to be here, now he is gone, They need to get Ballin, donny Singe and beaver back to run the water and other things, people that bleed Manly, ok Chad Randall is there, but thats it. I wish the players felt the pain and hurt we feel when they lose and dish up garbage like yesterday, maybe then they might know how it feels to bleed Manly, but I doubt it.@:cry:@:cry:

I will never ever boo my team!! What I saw yesterday was inept. Their first try came down to one team being urgent and desperate and the other team being reactive and not committed, the first five minutes you could tell it was going to be a long afternoon.

People grow from adversity and right now it is where we are. Every fan accepts that there will be some seasons where the team fails, what I see this season is not only failure but a lack of a plan for our future. We need to get our crap together in the front office because there is a smell of unprofessionalism right through the club!!

There’s a distinct smell emanating from within, and it’s not a nice one.

I’m going to stop banging on about it as it’s a losing battle on here BUT the fault for this isn’t entirely the coach, its the set up from the top right down.

I fear we might not survive from this as all I can see is the same in the future.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7