Fans on the warpath

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25091520-5001023,00.html

MANLY fans are planning a mass rebellion against the club's fractured board over the civil war that is tearing the premiers apart.

The club's paid-up members are drawing up an official petition that will force the board to call an extraordinary general meeting next month.

The EGM - which will give fans a forum to grill individual directors over their ugly stoush - will take place if fans can muster just 40 signatures for their petition. Fans yesterday claimed they were being ignored in the current drama and wanted to know why:

COACH Des Hasler's deal was extended by just one year with key performance indicators included;
CHIEF executive Grant Mayer was not offered a new deal after securing $4 million worth of sponsorship this year; and
CO-OWNER Max Delmege wants to sack club icon and media manager Peter "Zorba'' Peters.

Sea Eagles supporters claim that they would have little difficulty in obtaining the necessary 40 signatures and last night began compiling an official petition.

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal the prospect of a rebel ticket - a la Parramatta - being run at November's elections for the footballclub board. That board has two directors - Kerry Sibraa and Philip Deanon - on the Sea Eagles board which controls the NRL club.

Fans are angry that Sibraa and Dean have aligned themselves with the Delmege faction.
Mark Tramby, a football club member for eight years, wants answers from the club's directors.

"The board has made some bizarre decisions we, as football club members, have a right to question them on,'' he said. "The fans are distraught about this whole thing. Des is one of Manly's favourite sons who built this team from oblivion.

"How we can ever forget 40-0? Grant has brought-in two multi-million sponsorship deals and there isn't a more passionate Manly man than Zorba. We need some explanations. Let's get this out in the open. Getting 40 signatures wouldn't be a problem. I reckon I could get them in half a day.''

Football club member Cameron Smith asked fans to unite and front the board. "They are not acting on behalf of the members,'' he said. "The coach won a Grand Final 40-0 and they have put in KPIs - that's an absolute disgrace.

"Max Delmege and Scott Penn can vote whatever way they want. They put the money in. But the two football club directors shouldn't align themselves with any camp. They should be voting on behalf of us.''

Mayer, in England for the World Club Challenge, was last night unavailable for comment. But bloggers were angry yesterday. Sea Eagles Stalwart said he could not "imagine why Dessie wouldn't get an extension of his contract. He should be Test coach as well.

"Dessie has lifted the side out of the doldrums of a few years back when he took over to a first class outfit capable of claiming back-to-back titles.''

Cameron Smith, 'the directors shouldn't align themselves with any camp, they should be voting on behalf of us"  Which 'us' is he talking about?

DSM5 link said:
Cameron Smith, 'the directors shouldn't align themselves with any camp, they should be voting on behalf of us\"  Which 'us' is he talking about?
He is talkin about the fans who are the intellegent the ones.... zzzzzzzzzzzzz that rules you out mate :)

Methinks Cam is enjoying his 15 seconds.  ;)

And I'll bet Mark and Cam will be copping a public flogging from the few loyalists left on MWSE. 

And the 'members' all hold hands and dance around the may-pole in step.  Give me a break.  And Cliffy Gc, where's Fluffy when you need a good spell check.  'Intellegence', my arse.

Matabele link said:
Methinks Cam is enjoying his 15 seconds.  ;)

And I'll bet Mark and Cam will be copping a public flogging from the few loyalists left on MWSE. 
have u read krusty over there
what if u have annoyed max and we have no club or no forum

Krusty needs to harden the **** up

Anything mark, myself and Sideline for that matter were quoted was spot on the money.
No personal attacks just wanting answers

exactly Cliffy and exactly how I think things should be played

Dan link said:
exactly Cliffy and exactly how I think things should be played

As I posted on MWSE, if the FC Board come up with a plausible and reasonable answer on their actions I will be the first to applaud them. 

And if their reasons are poor they need to understand that all they will do is fuel discontent and perhaps sign their own death warrant (from a Board membership perspective) for the next AGM. 

Noone is out to hang and quarter them, but they need to be able to provide a clear and objectified rationale for what seems a baffling stance to most of the people they are supposed to represent.

But for the moment their silence damns them.

Are you a member Matas?  If you're not, shut the **** up.  If you're not a member, then they don't represent you.

Cliffy Gc, you're just bitter because you can't spell.  I'd put up what Gc stands for, but I'm sure Dan wouldn't allow it. 

DSM5 link said:
Cliffy Gc, you're just bitter because you can't spell.  I'd put up what Gc stands for, but I'm sure Dan wouldn't allow it. 
what????
Dan would stop u from posting the words Gold Coast

if it was DSM5 GC it would then stand for Gay ****  :)

Matas and Cliffy I do need to ask that you both stop the personal swipes at DSM5 please

this is fun to watch Dan, don't stop them, DSM and Matas are well matched.

the formerly large one may be a little outclassed though :)

sure, but the last thing I need is for a bitterness to form between members of the site

Relax Dan.  I was going to call myself DSM7 but my wife thought that truth would attract way to much envy.  Anyway I can do these ****ers easily and I'm sure we won't hold grudges will we Matas.  I need to drive out to Condobolin in a couple of months and could drop by for a coffee to make up, drop the dacks and compare. 

DSM5 link said:
Relax Dan.  I was going to call myself DSM7 but my wife thought that truth would attract way to much envy.   Anyway I can do these F**kers easily and I'm sure we won't hold grudges will we Matas.  I need to drive out to Condobolin in a couple of months and could drop by for a coffee to make up, drop the dacks and compare. 
hahhahah your a ****en idiot hahaha
semi funny though :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7