Fan Story - true supporters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
The Manly Sea Eagles fan watching on from heaven
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph

Seat 1N sits there empty every home game.

In the back row of Brookvale Oval’s Jane Try Stand, long-time Manly fans Babs and Ron Kable have season tickets.

Babs, 86, has been going to Brookie since the club’s first-ever game way back in 1947. She was 14-year-old.

She, Ron and daughter Jenny didn’t miss a minute of play over the years watching Fulton, Menzies, Lyons, Toovey, Eadie, Reilly, Randall, Cherry-Evans and the Trbojevic brothers.

But the tight northern beaches family was left shattered last September when Jenny, 64, passed away through cancer.

Babs Kable and her son Bob at Brookvale Oval.

Babs and Ron know Jenny would still be watching every game from above so they decided to renew her season-ticket seat — located in Bay F — this season.

Jenny, says Babs, is still there with them at their beloved Brookvale.

“Keeping the seat for Jenny was just something we wanted to do for the family,” Babs said. “We feel if we have her seat, she is still there cheering.

“We just wanted to make sure she was still here with us. She would still be yelling for Manly. We are keeping the seat warm for her.

“We have had our reserved seating at Brookvale for around 30 years. Manly is in our blood.”

Babs’ eyes still well with tears when talking about her much-loved daughter.

“It was awful, heartbreaking to see her go from the beautiful girl that she was to just wasting away,” Babs said.

“You’re there telling your daughter that it’s OK to die, it’s all right to go. It broke my heart, every day at the hospital.

“We were not only mother and daughter but we were best friends. She took me to grand finals, State of Origin matches, we did so much together. It’s sad.”

Babs and son Bob cheered long and loud when Manly came from behind to topple Canberra last Sunday at Brookvale. Ron was unwell and couldn’t attend.

You could almost hear Jenny cheering Manly’s comeback from heaven.

“Jenny loved her Sea Eagles so she is always here with us,” said Bob, who has two brothers, Gregg and Phillip.

Babs said explained why she fell in love with the Sea Eagles.

“We moved to Manly from Balmain when I was only six weeks old so I consider myself a local,” she said.

“My Dad (Bill Coleman) was an ex-Tiger would you believe, he played in the 1926 Presidents Cup Balmain team, I still have his medal.

“He was passionate about his football. He still loved the Tigers but we started following the local juniors (before Manly entered the NSWRL competition) as we grew older so we were Manly orientated.

“We love coming to watch the footy although nobody likes to sit near me, even when I’m home watching it and telling the players what to do.”

Babs will be back at Brookie cheering for Manly in a big match against the Canterbury Bulldogs.

And so will Jenny.

Some things just ain't right or fair! There is no why's that satisfy, only what is. The family should know that all Silvertails are thinking of them and when we score our first try tonight, we will honour that moment in memory!

Beautiful story. Thumbs up to Babs, Ron and the family.

Not completely irrelevant, does anyone know if you are allowed to sprinkle ashes of loved ones on Brookvale Oval?....do you need a permit or such?or do you just jump the gates at night and do it anyway? (Serious question).

Beautiful story. Thumbs up to Babs, Ron and the family.

Not completely irrelevant, does anyone know if you are allowed to sprinkle ashes of loved ones on Brookvale Oval?....do you need a permit or such?or do you just jump the gates at night and do it anyway? (Serious question).
Its public open space when there is no games on, so go for it!

You're allowed on the field after a game too. So just fill the pockets and run the sideline, dodge the imaginary full back and dive full length to score under the posts sprinkling ashes as you go.

My dad died in 91, yet he still occasionally attends games on the hill. He’s a bit unreliable though.

He couldn’t stand the Barrett style of play.
You’ve given me an idea for a film plot - ‘The Beer House on Haunted Hill’.

What do you all think?

The Manly Sea Eagles fan watching on from heaven
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph

Babs will be back at Brookie cheering for Manly in a big match against the Canterbury Bulldogs.

And so will Jenny.

Thank you for posting that Wheel ... I tried to view it online but you need a subscription .... I knew Jenny since she was 15 ... absolutely fanatical Sea Eagle supporter ... I could swear I heard her yelling out yesterday .... RIP girl

You're allowed on the field after a game too. So just fill the pockets and run the sideline, dodge the imaginary full back and dive full length to score under the posts sprinkling ashes as you go.
I thought you may have suggested a chip kick from 30 out.

Great post @The Wheel

Great clubs are made not only from contributions from great players but also contributions from great people like these

God bless them always and God bless the Manly Sea eagles

To a passionate supporter their club becomes a major part of their life

At every game they ride the emotional roller coaster

Emotions that range from extraordinary joy to abysmal lows

872093-3e049d1e-2e7b-11e3-9aab-a1c6005adf60.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9