FAN DAY THIS THURSDAY 4-7PM - BROOKVALE OVAL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
FAN DAY THIS THURSDAY 4-7PM - BROOKVALE OVAL

15/09/2008 - By Manly Sea Eagles
http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/news.asp

The Manly Sea Eagles will hold an open day for members, sponsors and fans at Brookvale Oval on Thursday from 4pm to 7pm,

All members of the Sea Eagles NRL squad will be in attendance in the final opportunity for fans to get up close during the 2008 final series.

Entry is free and Sea Eagles captain and Dally M winner Matt Orford is keen for a big crowd of supporters to attend.

"It is our opportunity to thank the members, sponsors and fans for their unbelievable support throughout the season – they have been inspirational for us at home and away games this season," Orford said.

The players will conduct an autograph session while a free sausage sizzle, fairy floss stand and jumping castle will also be provided.

A merchandise stall will also be in operation for fans to purchase discounted jersey or tee shirt to wear to the upcoming grand final qualification match in two weeks.

You will also be able to renew or purchase 2009 Memberships on the day.

I wish I were still in Sydney for this.

DSM - while your there give Matai your tips on defending.  PS What did you think of Ox's game last weekend

If anybody is going, could they do me a HUGE favour and get a couple of posters signed for my boys? They are both keen Manly supporters (like their dad) and would love to get Beaver's signature before he leaves.

I could collect them when I will be up in Sydney (Forestville) over the October long weekend.

It makes it bloody difficult to get to Brooky from Canberra during the week - wish they did the fan days on a weekend!

Wheel, I've looked at the game a couple of times and Orford had a reasonably good game.  He's best when he's not trying to hard obviously.  Jamie took the line kicks which is a good thing and his drop outs went a reasonable distance.  Goal kicking was good but that's never been my beef.  I'm more worried by David Williams's defense and our first half problems.  Williams's defense is just not good.  Sure he can score a try and run the ball back hard but his defense is suspect.  He gets brushed way to easily.  The penalties and mistakes in the first half are dangerous signs.  Maybe the ref was getting on our case because of the perception he favours us, but to give a quality side that much ball is a real worry.  The dragqueens were terrible and the victory was always assured as I predicted but they should have made more of what we gave them.  Glenn Stewart was by far our best player.  Lyon and Hall were very good as was Perry and I thought Princess and Bryant went well.  I thought Matai was quiet with only a couple of run outs.  All in all a good effort but much more to do.  The problem with the Dragons was they just didn't have any forwards.  The only forward they had that was any good was Creigh.  I forgot to mention that Ballin went welWe should certainly sign him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6