Extra Effort - the 1% plays

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Over the 80 minutes, a key factor were the 1% plays, supporting the ball carrier and pushing up in attack, finishing off tackles and getting the NZ players on the ground and improved kick chase...this will keep a hungry team in most games...even without key players

Until last night we really failed badly at the 1 percenters. What was great to see was the team did not fold as soon as pressure was on them. They conceded 2 very preventable tries as it turned out as our defence is not where it needs to be. What was great was our scramble defence and our goal line defence was much improved.
Your spot on
At 12 - 6 once Warriors hit the lead...the Manly from the first 4 games would have help up the white flag....but this team rolled up sleeves - got in the fight and were rewarded with a gutsy win

I actually thought the Warriors were out-working us at the start of the second half, and if they'd managed to get another try up on us I didn't see any way back. But we defended the line well and, most importantly, we got a little bit of luck. I mean, Cherry's kick for Schuster's try was awful. No way we score from that unless Nikorima stuffs it up. He looked particularly sheepish at the end of the game.

I actually thought the Warriors were out-working us at the start of the second half, and if they'd managed to get another try up on us I didn't see any way back. But we defended the line well and, most importantly, we got a little bit of luck. I mean, Cherry's kick for Schuster's try was awful. No way we score from that unless Nikorima stuffs it up. He looked particularly sheepish at the end of the game.
They also got lucky .
That try they got from Saab swatting down the final pass ,9 out of 10 times the ball doesn't bounce perfectly like that,especially at speed.

They also got lucky .
That try they got from Saab swatting down the final pass ,9 out of 10 times the ball doesn't bounce perfectly like that,especially at speed.
Agree, robbiea. I thought Saab's effort on that was great and couldn't quite believe how perfectly it ended up for them. But I was glad we got lucky a few times, too. We needed something to help us break through for a win. Hope it helps build some confidence.

Harper did well, wasn't lazy at all, active and energized. Seem to push his defensive partner Saab as well because he looked very energetic and comfortable last night. I love Suli, great damaging ball runner, but as a defender he is one of the laziest in the whole comp.

Shuster agrees.

"We were talking about the one-percenters – in case he drops it, make sure you're there. I had to put that at the back of my mind and just do the extra one-percent and [the ball] fell into my hands."

I agree. I watched with both eyes open, didn't yell at the TV once - ok maybe at the ref in the last twenty - and even kept off Silvertails during the game so as to not make inappropriate comments that are representative of a low emotional IQ. I hit my stats, Des would be proud. I even drank water during the game instead of a hoppy beverage or cheeky red.

Its the little things people! Lift ya game and we might win a few more!

Last edited:
This is what I like about Morgan Harper... his energy and effort is so much higher than Suli. Just wants it more.

Funa, too.

They may not be the best players in the comp but I’d take effort over natural ability any day of the week

So true. Effort on effort is contagious with the rest of the team.

Everything laziboi does not do.

Agree the effort was better but a long way to go. We have too many players who don't have footy smarts. First half when Jake losted the ball a metre out. Croker ran through, I thought to stop it going dead so they would have a play the ball a meyre out instead of a 20m restart and 7 tackles. Instead he just kicked it dead????? Just dumb football.

One thing I noticed last night which was not happening the first four rounds and was quite obvious,was the pressure on the opposition kicker.In the first four rounds,the opposition kicker had enough time to take a dump and wipe his date before he felt like kicking it to whatever point on the field he wanted

Over the 80 minutes, a key factor were the 1% plays, supporting the ball carrier and pushing up in attack, finishing off tackles and getting the NZ players on the ground and improved kick chase...this will keep a hungry team in most games...even without key players
Effort and determination. Let's see more of it. Starting next week.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6