Exiles match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eelcatcher

Reserve Grader
Just been watching much of the Exiles match on channel 9. What did everyone think? Personally I think that matchw as dreadful and did nothing to change my opinion of the English Superleague comp as being being quoted by Grant Mayer our former CEO as being a
"a second tier competition which NRL players come to at the end of their careers."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/article2275845.ece#ixzz1P4xdW3MO

Seriously the performance from both sides won't pass for NRL first grade standard if it was played here. Like thorughout that game I just wanted instead to get the Manly squad that played on Saturday night and have them play both the exiles and English teams. It would be great for Manly to show both teams who their betters are. Anyway the idea of an exiles vs England game itself is a good one looks like something I'd watch if I was a big English Superleague fan. Shame it would difficult to have an Australia vs Superleague exiles here. Anyway what did you guys think of that game? Would you want any of the Exiles players to play for Manly? I think most of them are either dinosaurs or just plain rejects.

Looked through the web results yesterday and couldn't see Beaver's name in the Exiles team list....

He was mentioned several weeks ago in the news piece as being in the team so was wondering if he has picked up an injury or for some other reason wasn't picked in the run on side....

Anyone got any news on the Beaver?

Beaver didn't play as he's only just came back from a hip injury and Bluey felt it was unfair on is club side.

As far as the game itself goes, watched it and thought it was quite good. This will become an annual event I feel.
The English game is quite different to ours (ESL is more attack orientated and the NRL is defense orientated).In saying that the following teams would walk straight into a NRL top 8 Wigan, Warrington and possibly St Helens at full strength.

brookiegreg said:
eagles2win said:
Speaking of Beaver's side Catalan they are flying under the radar at the moment in 5th

Have you watched any of the matches - what's Beaver's form been like this season?

Good prior to the injury. The coach and he's teammate's are trying to convince him to go around one more year

eagles2win said:
brookiegreg said:
eagles2win said:
Speaking of Beaver's side Catalan they are flying under the radar at the moment in 5th

Have you watched any of the matches - what's Beaver's form been like this season?

Good prior to the injury. The coach and he's teammate's are trying to convince him to go around one more year

thanks again eagles - good on Beaver will be playing til he's 50 and then back at Manly in promotional role hopefully

brookiegreg said:
eagles2win said:
brookiegreg said:
eagles2win said:

thanks again eagles - good on Beaver will be playing til he's 50 and then back at Manly in promotional role hopefully

He's already older then most of the coaching staff @ Catalan including the coach!

What a poor standard - i dare say the Norths Devils would have given both teams a run. The only good thing was a close game & the poms lost. George Carmont ex Newcastle reject looked like a combination of Greg Inglis & Jamie Lyon out there.

Very average match, that started with great intensity then panned out to a going through the motions until the last 15 minutes, if that is what England have to offer they will get smashed by the KIWIs and the Aussies even with Ellis and Burgess

That exiles team was one of the worst sides I have seen on paper and on the field. Even NSW probably could have beaten them

Would love to see the Exiles become like Union's Barbarions and go and play other countries to help them with there development of there game

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4