Enough! - Please read!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I don't want to come off as heavy-handed or like we are trying to sensor you here, and the truth is I will only remove or sensor posts that cross the line and have to be edited.

However I am sure that you can all agree that the current tone and conversations lines that are being hashed and re-hashed in every single post are becoming tiresome and tedious and really taking away from what Silvertails has always been about, and that is a place to freely discuss The Sea Eagles and the team, not to target administrators and whine about things that just dont matter.

I think that we can all agree, and I am sure that the Administration of MWSE probably now agree, that the way that the forum was removed was probably not handled as delicately as it could have possibly been.

I think we can all agree also that the forums were not productive and healthy for the club and removing them actually was a correct action.

In all honesty I never visited the MWSE forums, and from reading this weeks posts I can empathise completely with their reasoning.

Now this site has always been fairly open in it's attitude to posted opinions, it does not by any means however mean that we were always negative or looking to specifically target anyone. It means that we were all highly opinionated and stated those opinions often, but usually in a constructive way.

Of late I have seen nothing but the repeated lines and crap posted over and over again in just about every post. It gets tiresome, it gets boring and for the most part a lot of posters don't want to read it.

Whilst saying that I can understand that the teams current performance is not ideal and we are all feeling that albeit on different levels and we all want the team to be achieving. Because after all what we are, and this might be a reality check for some of you, are essentially just a bunch of people who has a footy team we like and follow, that is it and that is the bottom line. As much as we like to think we all have some large personal stake in what happens, who is selected and how the team and company is run, we don't.

we are fans, and rest assured the club certainly appreciates having fans and supporters, but I am sure they do not appreciated fans and supporters who are continually criticizing them, bringing them down and baying for various members blood.

Now I am not saying to stop posting your opinions be my guest. That is what the site is for, but can we have a bit of a think about it before we post?

I can tell you over the past week, everyone knows what everyones thoughts are on the various operational parts of MWSE, so we don't need to keep posting about it, over and over and over again.

On the Graham Lowe issues, many of us are not convinced yet and that is clear, but will we ever be convinced on that whilst we keep pushing so much negative crap about him out and not allowing him to prove it and opening up a healthy relationship with him, the club and the fans.

So going forward lets have a final agreement.

- We all agree the forums we not conducive to the success of the club
- We all agree the way they were closed down was not ideally handled
- We all would like a little more information from the club and Admin
- The way we are currently going about it is furthering the divide rather than helping to build a healthy and open relationship between fans and MWSE
- I am the font of all wisdom and clearly the most ruggedly handsome male to ever grace this earth

With all that said I don't want only positive posts here, that also is not what we are or ever have been about. I mean we all agree Bailey often looks out of his depth and we rarely see major team changes :)

What I am saying is just for a bit of rational thought coming into things and just a little less of the same negative post and thought being posted consistently.

Happy to discuss and hope you all understand, it's just that what has been posted so often this week is detracting from some very good Football related posts.

Dan

I also certainly do not want a return of the Conga-line as you all know we have rarely towed the party line just for the sake of it, question everything, but do it in a rational way.

As I said in my opinion piece.  I intend to back off on the CEO issue for a while and judge him on a longer term performance.  The closing of the MWSE forums has always made crystal sense to me.

thats "toed the party line"

Unless of course you stick it on a trailer and hitch it to the back of your car, in which case i sit corrected.

Fro link said:
thats \"toed the party line\"

Unless of course you stick it on a trailer and hitch it to the back of your car, in which case i sit corrected.

That's the way we do it country Quensland mate

indeed it is Matas :)

And if its real Country Qld Dan you would have a ute, but your reasoning is sound.

So where do you draw the line?? I agree some people need to relax alittle, but it's a free country and if people are aggrieved at how they feel they have been treated by the club then let them air their grievances.

At the end of the day it's MWSE that need the member's not the other way around. They need to be the ones that bridge the gap on some issues. They need to suck in their pride and fix the problems you mentioned in your post. That's all i will say.

abnc, none of the stuff posted would see me editing or deleting posts.

What I am saying really is, would you rather log on here, and read the same thing in every post by the same users about being upset about the loss of a privelage in the MWSE forums, or would you rather log on here and read posts about football?

i think what his saying is don't spout crap about the administration when you truly don't have an idea whats going on.

not so much that, to be honest we often question them, its just how many times do we need to keep saying the same thing in every single thread?

If the general consensus from the longer terms memebrs is that refugees, like myself, from the MWSE site have caused this problem I for one am more than happy to not post.

You guys must feel like your great site has been taken over and I would fully understand if you want it to return to how it was.

People usually like to "get things off their chest".....and usually once they do they get on to something else, so I can see where Dan is coming from...the constant "banging on" aboutthe MWSE forum, Lowe, The Football Club etc etc....doesn't really achieve anything....so I agree let's talk footy instead.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6