Enough of Alex "Chumpy" Pullin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Couldn't give a toss whether he won or lost at Sochi, but what I am sick of is seeing/hearing him being referred to constantly as Alex "Chumpy" Pullin in all forms of media (print,radio,TV).

FFS either call him Alex or Chumpy.... not BOTH !!! Was Warnie referred to ad nauseum as Shane "Warnie" Warne ?? Is the current Aussie Captain Michael "Pup" Clarke ?? Do we hear about Steven "Beaver" Menzies ?? What about Jeff "Marrickville Mauler" Fenech ?

If he doesn't want to be called Alex then just run with Chumpy ? He just sounds like a complete w@nker when he has to be called Alex "Chumpy" Pullin every freaking time. What ?? we won't know who "Chumpy" Pullin is if he is mentioned in dispatches ?? Please !!! it's been rammed down our throat for the last 4 years or more, of course we know his nickname. I hope he retires and does us all a favour

/rant.

I'd never heard of him until I read your post. :s
But I agree it's something that needs to be sorted! :p

Go chumpy go! 2 x world champ!

Bad luck in the snowboard cross, but anyone who knows anything about the sport knows hits and falls happen. Tis a bit of a lottery. 3 Aussies all knocked over is pretty unlucky.

But for chip and chase's sake, better sort out the nickname thing.

Or should it just be chip

or chase

But not both...!

Never stood a chance ..When you are a international athlete ,you shouldn't be Chumpy anyhows...

CROSS COUNTRY: Australian cross country skier Aimee Watson has pulled off a performance her nation should be extremely proud of, after pushing herself to the limit to finish the gruelling 30km Mass Start Free.

As Watson entered the stadium for the final time the crowd erupted, chanting her name and urging her across the finishing line in what was another advertisement of the never-say-die attitude that comes with wearing the green and gold uniform.

Well off the back of the field and little chance of making up anymore places the 26-year-old toughed it out to come 54th, ensuring another Olympic result to her name.

“When I start something I like to finish it,” Watson said.

“Not many people get the opportunity to be at the Olympics and everyone in Australia knows how hard it is for all of us to get here.

“You may not be the fastest skier out there but you’re proud of what you’ve achieved.”

In a race where Norway clean-sweeped the medals, Watson was 22:54.9 off gold medallist Marit Bjoergen on what is renowned as one of the toughest courses on the world circuit.

OK so they haven't got nicknames except loser but I'm throwing Kasey delaqua and Sam stoseur (dunno if that's how they spell it) into the chump'y' mix.
These two pretenders have been parading around as professional tennis players for years and won what??
Every time you here news of an international tennis tournament these two lame ducks have been bundled out in the 1st round or some such.
Give it away the pair of you and save Australian tennis* the embarrassment.
Let the like of the talented Ash Barty show you how it's done or that hot Russian chick.
*Not even a big tennis fan.
Rant over.
Pass the Tylenol !!

Didn't Stosur win the US Open a couple of years ago ?/

What happened to the Chump this time around ? did he crash and burn ? I see he is still putting us through the Alex Chumpy Pullin routine 4 years. Gawd its hard work

What happened to the Chump this time around ? did he crash and burn ? I see he is still putting us through the Alex Chumpy Pullin routine 4 years. Gawd its hard work

He made the final and in the final (6 man race), three fell over and he was one of them.

Aust got silver though! Jarryd Hughes (current world #9) woohoo!

Pullin is currently world #2

Hughes and Pullin really, really don't like each other.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/1562fb85153f8833e13bb47fc53d10d3

Did she?
You could knock me over with a feather if stosur won anything.
And that's my point too many failures to remember her successes.
As for chumpy they had him on the footy show a few years ago before some event or another.
I'll nominate them for joint winners of the 'Ken Macleay' award for mediocrity.

Pullin is a twice world champion, so each to their own but that's a damn fine effort.

They don't just dust off these guys for the Olympics.

Stosur won the 2011 us open and was runner up in 2010

In doubles she has won the us and french open with another 5 runner up titles

In mixed doubles she has won wimbledon twice and the aussie open once.

Hope you found the Tylenol.

:)

Go Team!

Pullin is a twice world champion, so each to their own but that's a damn fine effort.

They don't just dust off these guys for the Olympics.

Stosur won the 2011 us open and was runner up in 2010

In doubles she has won the us and french open with another 5 runner up titles

In mixed doubles she has won wimbledon twice and the aussie open once.

Hope you found the Tylenol.

:)

Go Team!
Ok GE.
Points decision to you.
But now for the next round you have to build a case to sell us Ken Macleay !!
Aka Lewie Brown of cricket.
I'd personally rather build a case for Lewie.

OK so they haven't got nicknames except loser but I'm throwing Kasey delaqua and Sam stoseur (dunno if that's how they spell it) into the chump'y' mix.
These two pretenders have been parading around as professional tennis players for years and won what??
Every time you here news of an international tennis tournament these two lame ducks have been bundled out in the 1st round or some such.
Give it away the pair of you and save Australian tennis* the embarrassment.
Let the like of the talented Ash Barty show you how it's done or that hot Russian chick.
*Not even a big tennis fan.
Rant over.
Pass the Tylenol !!

Steady elbow ....... steady chip ...... steady ........ you just need to hang on for another few weeks ....

Ok GE.
Points decision to you.
But now for the next round you have to build a case to sell us Ken Macleay !!
Aka Lewie Brown of cricket.
I'd personally rather build a case for Lewie.

lol, I've decided to drink wine and watch "Endeavour" on tv instead! :)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4