Enough is enough

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 26876

IMG_1902.JPG
I found this today and realised that, as the title alludes to, enough is enough. It's not too far off reality, we are a laughing stock at the moment. When this new era began, following departures of the Stewart brothers, Skivy, Lyon, Ballin etc, Manly was a club of rapid change. We were ruthless in the signing department, we had the guts to kick out players deemed unworthy, and we did so quite dramatically. However, as soon as the intended side had taken shape, the people up top tried to protect their decisions and stopped this dramatic action.

It can be argued that it has brought stability, though once that side turned stale they refused to be brutal with decisions, and consistently defended underperforming, overplayed players such as Brown, Cherry-Evans, Uate and Perrett. They accept mediocrity, as @BOZO would say, and have given power to players that hold high contracts, Taupau, DCE, the Trbos (even though they aren't manipulating the club), Walker and obviously overrelied on back-ended contracts (or simply overpaying). Now that these marquee players have all the money, those below them gain diddly squat, and will constantly look to shift elsewhere or grow angered with greedier players.

Once dce took that massive contract it sent mixed messages around the club, it allowed them to feel as if they warrant higher pay, and also turned those against dce out of anger of his greed. The power is with the high-paid players, and even those nobodies are throwing our club into turmoil ala Jackson Hastings and Darcy Lussick. The current crop has grown stale, though the club stubbornly stands by them as they can't accept their failure. Manly needs to be restored, although to do so, Manly must be ruthless once more (both on the field and off).

I think someone who has Twitter should post this on one of the players accounts and maybe it can be passed amongst the playing group as ammunition to fire them up.

That particular caption is from 2017 [ with Green featured in it ] but no doubt there has been not much of an intimidation factor with Manly sides so far this season . Injuries have no doubt played their part but again under performing key players at various times and particularly in D C E "s instance and so much negative and unimaginative play has been the real drag . If the very real possibility of gaining the club"s first wooden spoon is not enough incentive for the side to lift collectively then nothing will make much difference this season for some improved performances . Let "s see what eventuates next season and with Brown , Jono Wright , Hastings , Uate and Lane exiting [ although of course Lane has been going O K and Uate occasionally ] .

That particular caption is from 2017 [ with Green featured in it ] but no doubt there has been not much of an intimidation factor with Manly sides so far this season . Injuries have no doubt played their part but again under performing key players at various times and particularly in D C E "s instance and so much negative and unimaginative play has been the real drag . If the very real possibility of gaining the club"s first wooden spoon is not enough incentive for the side to lift collectively then nothing will make much difference this season for some improved performances . Let "s see what eventuates next season and with Brown , Jono Wright , Hastings , Uate and Lane exiting [ although of course Lane has been going O K and Uate occasionally ] .
Yeah, if we 'win' the spoon it will be absolute chaos on silvertails, and rightfully so. Though the post was initially made in early 2017, it was reposted just recently, and I think that says something bigger.

You don't actually play the Bye. So it's a numbnut use of grammar.
But the point is clear. We're practically guaranteeing two points to the opposition.

I actually think Tapau Walker and the turbos are worth the money - DCE obviously not . Look at the money being thrown at top props at the moment - Boyd and Woods are examples . Our major need is a 5/8 . We have been cursed with injuries this year which is really out of our control .

View attachment 8742 I found this today and realised that, as the title alludes to, enough is enough. It's not too far off reality, we are a laughing stock at the moment. When this new era began, following departures of the Stewart brothers, Skivy, Lyon, Ballin etc, Manly was a club of rapid change. We were ruthless in the signing department, we had the guts to kick out players deemed unworthy, and we did so quite dramatically. However, as soon as the intended side had taken shape, the people up top tried to protect their decisions and stopped this dramatic action.

It can be argued that it has brought stability, though once that side turned stale they refused to be brutal with decisions, and consistently defended underperforming, overplayed players such as Brown, Cherry-Evans, Uate and Perrett. They accept mediocrity, as @BOZO would say, and have given power to players that hold high contracts, Taupau, DCE, the Trbos (even though they aren't manipulating the club), Walker and obviously overrelied on back-ended contracts (or simply overpaying). Now that these marquee players have all the money, those below them gain diddly squat, and will constantly look to shift elsewhere or grow angered with greedier players.

Once dce took that massive contract it sent mixed messages around the club, it allowed them to feel as if they warrant higher pay, and also turned those against dce out of anger of his greed. The power is with the high-paid players, and even those nobodies are throwing our club into turmoil ala Jackson Hastings and Darcy Lussick. The current crop has grown stale, though the club stubbornly stands by them as they can't accept their failure. Manly needs to be restored, although to do so, Manly must be ruthless once more (both on the field and off).
This is what this forum is all about . Passionate supporters and their passionate posts
Well done feathered friend !!!

It’s a rubbish meme, because Manly have won games this year. They beat Melbourne in Melbourne and Brisbane in Brisbane. They’re not even last on the ladder.

Manly are bog ordinary, but this meme is worse.

View attachment 8742 I found this today and realised that, as the title alludes to, enough is enough. It's not too far off reality, we are a laughing stock at the moment. When this new era began, following departures of the Stewart brothers, Skivy, Lyon, Ballin etc, Manly was a club of rapid change. We were ruthless in the signing department, we had the guts to kick out players deemed unworthy, and we did so quite dramatically. However, as soon as the intended side had taken shape, the people up top tried to protect their decisions and stopped this dramatic action.

Well said Harry

On Sunday night i went out to origin as I have said I did in another thread and it gave me some perspective on us here at manly.

I know soo is the best players but it just showed one thing we are a very immature team with very little senior players.

The game also proved that a coach needs an assistant they can trust..Freddy and brandy where TB and carry are absolutely no match at all. There also needs to be complete by in from the whole team and organisation for success to happen.

TB I have supported for most of his time here but he really needs to go. This is what I think we need at manly 2019:

Coach 2V's or Ivan Clearly assistant BK , forwards coaches josh perry and Brent kite. Fitness and conditioning matt ballin , Beaver in some form of coaching gig Plus see the end of penn and his cohort.

Make Jake and Joel T ( while he is here ) co-captains let DCE focus on getting his game right.Jake to be full time captain from 2020.

Let any player that is unhappy leave..we only want players here who want to bleed and fight for jersey and club and want to be here , yes it may set us back a year or two but could only be beneficial for this club.

This coaching staff would not tolerate the standard we have set over the past few years and with the addition of a few senior players and giving some of our juniors more game time we could rise from the ashes once again. That coaching staff team excites me but I know we will never see assesmbled under the current management structure as they don't want to be held accountable and admit they got it wrong sacking 2V's.

Finally I still think we have not hit rock bottom yet nearly there though, a really big thrashing by one team over the coming weeks by 50-60 points I can see happening, can't pick which game but I think it will happen. We will do well to avoid the spoon, can't believe we as a proud club like ours is in this position.

Last edited:
is there one of these for the cows, they have not managed more wins despite not being devastated by injuries and having the greatest player to ever lace up a boot?

and what about the teams below us?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6