Enjoyable game to watch! Thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
1st half

1. Paseka in beast mode. Was good seeing multiple offloads from him that could have been converted into point scoring opportunities
  2. Schuster looking absolutely classy. Had a great game and gave me visions to how good Jake Trbojevic was for us in his first full season back in 2015
  3. Players looking passive when DCE is running the ball. They need to run with him to create more opportunities for us
  4. Saab motoring for a well executed long range try. Was beautiful to watch
  5. Jake needs to simplify his game at the moment. He is looking fatigued

2nd half

1. At one stage I think we defended 6 consecutive sets. Gutsy!
  2. Garrick coming into some serious form. Good venom in his runs and defence
  3. Schuster gets rewarded for non-stop effort. You beauty!
  4. Josh Aloiai getting stronger as the game progressed giving us good punch in the closing stages. Ditto Marty
  5. Foran floating in and out of the game. If it looks like he is getting off the pace, it might be worth playing him for 40 minutes and giving Schuster time in between the backrow and halves
  6. I love Central Coast Stadium. It has generally been good to us
  7. Paseka still looking good with the offload

Garrick has been one of our best 3 out of 5 games but for some reason people still don't rate him.
Paseka is a beast
Aloiai a great signing.
Schuster was good, a shame he wastes so much energy having to make 40 tackles.
I've said all along we have the makings of a top 4 side and with a couple of nice recruits and a bit of luck with injuries we really arent as far off as people think

Improved side honestly. We still have way too many handling errors in us that just mess up our momentum. But our forward rotation has been working so well for us and our halves are slowly starting to take advantage of it. And that's all we've needed. The morale and chemistry is at a high, u could see it after a forced error, or Schusters try or obviouly Chez's field goal. All the boy were just genuinely soooo happy. This is the win they needed.

1st half

1. Paseka in beast mode. Was good seeing multiple offloads from him that could have been converted into point scoring opportunities
  2. Schuster looking absolutely classy. Had a great game and gave me visions to how good Jake Trbojevic was for us in his first full season back in 2015
  3. Players looking passive when DCE is running the ball. They need to run with him to create more opportunities for us

2nd half

4. Josh Aloiai getting stronger as the game progressed giving us good punch in the closing stages. Ditto Marty
  5. Foran floating in and out of the game. If it looks like he is getting off the pace, it might be worth playing him for 40 minutes and giving Schuster time in between the backrow and halves
The way you articulated it sounded like a spectacle! No doubt it gave me joy to see that we hung in there for a good win. Still a long way to go but plenty to take away from that game and build on moving forward.

Josh Schuster
The way you articulated it sounded like a spectacle! No doubt it gave me joy to see that we hung in there for a good win. Still a long way to go but plenty to take away from that game and build on moving forward.

I didn’t get a chance to watch the game live but pulled over my car when I got the chance to watch it on Kayo. It gave me a chance to take in the whole game without being distracted by posting comments in the game day thread. Also given what the team has displayed so far this season, I had limited expectations for the game so was able to watch it with a chilled mindset. I didn’t get frustrated much last night and thought the boys tried really hard throughout the entire match. It was a great game to watch

Garrick has recovered his mojo, hitting the line hard when returning the ball and winning valuable metres for the team, He and Saab finally gives us great speed on the flanks, now if our centres and halves can use them, we all of a sudden have a long range try scoring threat, How great was it to see Saab motor after that DCE kick? I have not seen a Manly player do that since Snake. Good signs, great to see some of the younger guys like Paseka, Sipley, Keppie, Schuster and co leading the way. This is the nucleus of our side and to see the develop is amazing. All we need is the experience in the team to guide them around and avoid any more serious injuries so these players get consisten football.

1st half

2nd half

Also loved Sipley's energy ... for a bloke who has only played a handful of games over the past few years ... he played like someone who was putting their hand up .... will be keen watching how he develops ... wouldn't mind him on an edge and Schuster to 5/8th ..

it was nice to watch a contest as opposed to a footy lesson. the writing has been on the wall after 15 minutes

1st half

2nd half

Was nervous throughout but yeah loved it. Agree with your summation mate.

Was nerve wrecking at the end but what really impressed me was all 13 players on top of DCE at the end of the game. I really hope the players take a lot from this match and kick on from here. Having Turbo back will give them even more confidence.

Was nerve wrecking at the end but what really impressed me was all 13 players on top of DCE at the end of the game. I really hope the players take a lot from this match and kick on from here. Having Turbo back will give them even more confidence.
Yes the crazy scenes at the end certainly put to bed the rubbish being peddled on here by some of the team disharmony! I read one post about the team not talking before the game.... and so that validated the unhappiness. Are you serious? Players have their own way of preparing - some are quite and reserved, some are full of life etc. I know when I played I never said a word to anyone before the game until right before we ran out. I was consumed by what I had to do, was dry retching and building the anger and rage. For some on here to try and then build a case for disharmony on the basis of who is talking before a game is just a total laugh!

Last edited:
Jake is way off form, but a bit better last night - apart from dumping two tries...
Foran lacked energy from start to finish, he has been a poor buy (as we expected).
Need to get Schuster to 5/8 as soon as we have some second rowers out of casualty.

What a difference a win makes.

If we lost, we may be looking at how we bombed 3 tries in the first half.
Good teams don't bomb 3 in one half.

We still make many handling errors. While our D was a lot better, any of the top 6 teams would have killed us last night.

Hopefully this is the start of serious improvement, as we need it.

1st half

2nd half

Great post. Enjoy the win.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4