Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Phew....?

In late April, one of the world's strangest laws was quietly revoked.

Authorities in Iceland's Westfjords district, the scenic northwestern corner of the Scandinavian island nation, repealed a 400-year-old decree ordering the death on sight of any Basque person found in the region.

This old grudge stems from a grisly incident in 1615, when misunderstandings and suspicions between locals and a group of shipwrecked whalers from what's now the northern coast of Spain led to the slaughter of 32 Basques.

The decree was ordered by the district's bloodthirsty magistrate. Of course, newer laws have since been put in place, and no person from the Basque country has been in actual danger for a very long time.

It's world wombat day!

Wombats are obv the most awesome of creatures, not just because of nicknames and such.

Usually credited to douglas Adams

Strangely, it tends to be the second class of
animals (the Odd) that are more dangerous. The creature that kills the most people each year is the
common Wombat. It is nearly as ridiculous as its name, and spends its life digging holes in the ground, in which it hides. During the night it comes out to eat worms and grubs.

The wombat kills people in two ways: First, the
animal is indestructible. Digging holes in the hard
Australian clay builds muscles that outclass Olympic weightlifters. At night, they often wander the roads.

Semi-trailers (Road Trains) have hit them at high speed, with all 9 wheels on one side, and this merely makes them very annoyed. They express this by snorting, glaring, and walking away. Alas, to smaller
cars, the wombat becomes an asymmetrical launching pad, with results that can be imagined, but not adequately described.

The second way the wombat kills people relates to its burrowing behaviour. If a person happens to put their hand down a Wombat hole, the Wombat will feel the disturbance and think "Ho!My hole is collapsing!" at which it will brace its muscled legs and push up against the roof of its burrow with incredible force, to prevent its collapse. Any unfortunate hand will be crushed, and attempts to withdraw will cause the Wombat to simply bear down harder. The unfortunate will then bleed to death through their crushed hand as the wombat prevents him from seeking assistance. This is considered the third most embarrassing known way to die, and Australians don't talk about it much.

Last edited:
It's world wombat day!

Wombats are obv the most awesome of creatures, not just because of nicknames and such.

Goal: $100,000

Raised (so far)
$108,246

Noice!

edit: Just got this email....

From the bottom of our hearts. Thank you so very much.

We asked for you to join us on World Wombat Day and you answered our call. You helped us smash our $100,000 goal and we are so very grateful. Our wombats are grateful. We could not have done it without you.

Messages of support flooded in from all around the world on our giving day. From the US, Spain, Portugal, Germany and of course from ge who donated 70 thousand himself and all parts of Australia and when we reached our goal we were both jumping for joy… quite literally.

We raised a staggering $108,216 which will go straight to feed for our wombats, vet bills and emergency equipment to make sure we can answer every call when it comes in.

GO HIBERNATE TUBBY!

Y9t6nQo.jpg

That's some impressive wombats you get over there GE.

I was at that driveway entrance (in the pic) walking the ole doggo when it stepped out from the porch after seeing if the door was open!

So... there's a reason why the photo was from the other side of the road! beep beep!

I mean it was a black bear (no shoulder hump) so safe enough but still.... a last min pre hibernation snack...?

IN a store today picking up some artwork.

Lady asked me if it was the correct one, I wasn't sure as mrs ge chose it so I replied:

"Mine is not to question why, mine is to say "I do" then die!"

She laughed a lot, I hadn't thought of that before...

So I type it here in case it's a first; like the joke in the very first post of this magnificent thread.

Also....

Dumped down snow today. Winter....is coming.

The food "pie" that we all know and love actually comes from the bird - "magpie".

As maggies will stick any old thing into their nests and that's what the first pies were like. A bit of everything.... so they were called "pies".

Also, the saying "eating humble pie" came about because usually what was in the pies were all the crap bits and pieces not usually eaten from a beast. So to have to "eat humble pie" was kinda gross.

Poet takes road less travelled by, dies....

:giggle:

Have you ever seen the sign "Don't place foreign objects in toilet "
I always walk in expecting to see a samurai sword sitting in the bowl.
I always thought that would make a good cartoon.

Poet takes road less travelled by, dies....

:giggle:
Shyte! Good maps would be a must.
Stopping to ask only works if there’s someone to ask.
Plus, only being armed with lucid exposition, wouldn’t help.

Shyte! Good maps would be a must.
Stopping to ask only works if there’s someone to ask.
Plus, only being armed with lucid exposition, wouldn’t help.

For a second there I thought you didn't realise it's a satirical website!

:whew::whew:

woot! snowboarding today.

The line was so long that I drove to the mountain and when I walked to the end of the line... I was back at my house!

Ok, to be fair...initial wait was about 45 mins.

Not much vis... far to many "residents" around. But better than not going!

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry reiterated during her press briefing on Monday, Dec. 21, that Lower Mainland residents should not be coming up the highway to ski at Whistler Blackcomb.

“We know there’s a lot of strong connections—people live and work in Whistler and Squamish and the Lower Mainland—but I’m asking people to stay local. Stay at your local mountain if you want to go skiing,” she said.

Good luck with that.... people are jerks!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6