Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hate when people ask me what I'll be doing next month. Come on guys, I don't have 20-20 vision!

I'm so tough I just ate an after Eight, and it's not even 5pm yet! :cool:

Last edited:
I just looked under our Christmas tree and smiled at the 8 or so presents, then I realised........

They are all for Mrs ge! wtf Christmas? Where's some loot for me???? :(

Also you know you're getting old when you step on something sharp and can't tell if it is a small stone, part of your old dog's tooth.....or part of your own tooth! -sigh-

Tech tip for people who aren't as tech-savvy as me:

When you press the h button on your keyboard, you get a lower-case h. But what if you want an upper-case h?

Easy! Just go to the Wikipedia page on horses, copy the upper-case h and paste it into your document.

Problem solved! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I just looked under our Christmas tree and smiled at the 8 or so presents, then I realised........

They are all for Mrs ge! wtf Christmas? Where's some loot for me???? :(

Update! finally see 3 ge pressies, though 2 are from friends, one from mrs ge! sheesh, lol

Merry Christmas, happy holidays to all you vultures who read this amazing thread every year.

SCREW YOU MONDAYS! SCREW YOU RIGHT TO HELL!

:(

6AUuaN7.jpg

Moose?
Did it leave a note?

Mrs ge and I were driving home on a snowy highway. We'd all slowed down as it had become really icy. We'd actually just passed one car that had done a 180 on the highway and was resting against the median strip concrete. Cars go off all the time. We saw 25 cars that had slid off, or worse on the way home.

So we'd all slowed down due to the ice and I was on the inside lane passing a semi trailer when the f-350 just flew into my rearview mirror. Slammed into us well...hard enough.

Worse still we had 90 mins still to drive, no rear window, -10 degrees outside, started to snow, and yet another accident slowed traffic to a crawl.

Worst of all... a pecan pie I had bought got knocked out onto the highway in the accident and I didn't realise until I got home!! (waaah)

SO in conclusion...fu mondays!

-and thanks for asking :)

Last edited:
Wow, just saw that, hopefully the pecan pie was the only one injured. Sounds very dangerous driving in those conditions, maybe the offending driver high on ... Ice ?

lol...and no!

(A bit sore, Mrs ge got hit by a ski that was pushed into her arm, and I'm just old) but nothing major.

It is extremely friggen dangerous in those conditions; compact snow is bad enough but ok, however ice is just crap. Ice and wind will make your car fishtail at 20-30 kph (which we saw on our way home).

Plus when you get nailed, you have to deal with seeing your rearview mirror fill with a truck bearing down on you, take the hit, get over seeing your loved one being flung forward, keep the suv straight on the ice as you try to slow down and move to the side of the road without being hit again.

Then have the bonus of the guy not saying sorry and his truck looking virtually unscathed.

"The shop" just called and said they hope to have it repaired by the end of January. We were hoping for a write off, as we're insured for a new for old replacement (like even if our car is 5 years old, written off, we then get a new model one of the current year).

I mean we're also insured for OEM (original equipment manufactures) so it's replaced with original parts but if you go to sell it, the accident appears on the check people do, and being rear ended at 100kph with a few grand worth of damage doesn't exactly get you top dollar, lol.

They have given us a jeep cherokee as a replacement and we get up to $1500 worth of rental use outta that one. But it's charged out at their high rate (because companies suck - damn Capos!) but we have yet another ski trip in 10 days.

Also the Jeep doesn't have winter tyres on it, only 'all season' which does bugger all in the snow.

Mrs ge doesn't want to have to pay for a rental when it wasn't our fault so I'll let her weave her magic.

Good times!

Unfortunately after 37 years of no accident driving I rear ended a SUV rental just before Christmas. My ute came off way worse (not anything like yours GE). The rental had a small crack in the back, and my Toyota badge embedded in their chassis.
Now this is were things get a bit dodgy for me. I had been towing a mates big heavy Galvanised trailer. It was empty, but weighs a tonne and a bit literally. The last time I borrowed it, the trailer brakes were working....not this time. Old mate forgot to tell me that he had disengaged said brakes because they were ‘sticking’.
Now I don’t think you need a degree in physics to work out how when I hit my brakes to avoid rear-ending the car in front, and having no trailer brakes I just kept skidding along. (No ice GE, bone dry highway).
So we both pull over and I ask the female driver if shes ok. Yep, bit shaken, but fine. (She is driving a rental, because her car is in the shop getting fixed, after she’d been rear-ended a month prior!).
I’m looking at her car, and am amazed at how little damage there is. Then turn and look at mine to see a mangled bull-bar, smashed lights, and fog lights, and the bonnet with a nice crease in it. That’s when I go back to the trailer to find the brakes switched off.
By now I’m already thinking of the insurance assessor looking at pics of the damage to my car, and f/all to hers, and going WTF?
So I hedge my bets, and ask the female driver when she reports the damage that she was hit by a Ute ONLY. She’s looking straight at the monstrous trailer, obviously does the same physics calculation, and just says, trailer, what trailer?
So, in the end there was some curious questions from the insurance assessor, when looking at pics of both cars. But they gave the repairer the nod, and the uterus is being fixed . Ready tomorrow.
I rang the lady driver, and thanked her for keeping quiet about the trailer. She told me the reason she went along with it was because the first thing I did when we pulled over was run up to her window and ask if she and her daughter were ok.
So there you go. I’ve just admitted insurance fraud, but I’m playing that off against me thinking of others first. (Have to admit, how I’ve been accident free for37 years is more good luck, than good driving).

Unfortunately after 37 years of no accident driving I rear ended a SUV rental just before Christmas. My ute came off way worse (not anything like yours GE). The rental had a small crack in the back, and my Toyota badge embedded in their chassis.
Now this is were things get a bit dodgy for me. I had been towing a mates big heavy Galvanised trailer. It was empty, but weighs a tonne and a bit literally. The last time I borrowed it, the trailer brakes were working....not this time. Old mate forgot to tell me that he had disengaged said brakes because they were ‘sticking’.
Now I don’t think you need a degree in physics to work out how when I hit my brakes to avoid rear-ending the car in front, and having no trailer brakes I just kept skidding along. (No ice GE, bone dry highway).
So we both pull over and I ask the female driver if shes ok. Yep, bit shaken, but fine. (She is driving a rental, because her car is in the shop getting fixed, after she’d been rear-ended a month prior!).
I’m looking at her car, and am amazed at how little damage there is. Then turn and look at mine to see a mangled bull-bar, smashed lights, and fog lights, and the bonnet with a nice crease in it. That’s when I go back to the trailer to find the brakes switched off.
By now I’m already thinking of the insurance assessor looking at pics of the damage to my car, and f/all to hers, and going WTF?
So I hedge my bets, and ask the female driver when she reports the damage that she was hit by a Ute ONLY. She’s looking straight at the monstrous trailer, obviously does the same physics calculation, and just says, trailer, what trailer?
So, in the end there was some curious questions from the insurance assessor, when looking at pics of both cars. But they gave the repairer the nod, and the uterus is being fixed . Ready tomorrow.
I rang the lady driver, and thanked her for keeping quiet about the trailer. She told me the reason she went along with it was because the first thing I did when we pulled over was run up to her window and ask if she and her daughter were ok.
So there you go. I’ve just admitted insurance fraud, but I’m playing that off against me thinking of others first. (Have to admit, how I’ve been accident free for37 years is more good luck, than good driving).

Sometimes one reaction doesn't cut it so I'll add: Wow, that sucks, happy everyone was ok, that was pretty cool of the lady, and 'good one dilbert' to your mate, and I'm glad everything worked out.

37 years is far too long to go without an accident! So welcome to the club. I dunno how my mother in law isn't in one each week...as soon as she sees a yellow she basically slams the brakes on when everyone else speeds up.

What do you call it when your grandparents call?

Boomer-rang!

----------------------------------------------

What do you call Plato with a dinosaur body?

A philoso-raptor!

--------------------------------------------------

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

-ge originals-

You're welcome.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4