Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure where to post this but it should go somewhere...
Friend just shared it I get the feeling she has had enough of being stuck at home :)

Attachments

• VIDEO-2020-04-11-19-43-31.mp4
    1.1 MB
I was reading foxsports and there's an article on things that happened in May (on this day) and I read...

May 3 in 1992 was the day Geelong monstered the Brisbane Bears at Carrara and ended up with 239 points, setting a new record for the highest score in VFL/AFL history.

and I realised......

I was at that game!

If you were as well...then we're probably best mates.

Huge winds here yesterday, at one stage I see this sheet of glass suddenly airborne, lifted from my outdoor table and fly up then down and landing with an almighty crash. its 160 x 90 cm, and for some reason it didn't even break!!

glass.JPG

If it fell flat .. it could have created an air cushion under it ... once upon a time before the onset of alcohol and women I could have written the physics formulae but now .... that's the best I've got ..

I saw it but only out of the corner of my eye, it definitely went up above the table level and seemed to come down on an angle, not flat, but happened pretty quick so not really sure. It's quite heavy too.
I wonder if we could somehow harness the incredible power of the wind? Aw probably not :)

I saw it but only out of the corner of my eye, it definitely went up above the table level and seemed to come down on an angle, not flat, but happened pretty quick so not really sure. It's quite heavy too.
I wonder if we could somehow harness the incredible power of the wind? Aw probably not :)

They tried for many years ... it was why sailing ships got becalmed for weeks and they died of thirst ....

They worked to some extent of course, apparently the age of sail is considered to be roughly 1571 to 1862. This pic is The Battle of Terheide (1657) by Willem van de Velde the Elder, depicting a 1653 naval battle between the Dutch Republic and the Commonwealth of England.
1588468739100.png

1588468739100.png

If it fell flat .. it could have created an air cushion under it ... once upon a time before the onset of alcohol and women I could have written the physics formulae but now .... that's the best I've got ..

Well it sounds like Bernoulli's principle so he may have done the work for you.

?

So......

An ex AFL coach has been arrested for stalking and various other things.

The seriousness of those charges aside for a moment:

Wouldn't stalking someone during a nationwide, pandemic induced lock-down not be the best time to remain unseen outside?

Derek? DEREK! I see you Derek! I know it's you! You're the only one outside you idiot! I'm calling the cops!

So......

An ex AFL coach has been arrested for stalking and various other things.

The seriousness of those charges aside for a moment:

Wouldn't stalking someone during a nationwide, pandemic induced lock-down not be the best time to remain unseen outside?

Derek? DEREK! I see you Derek! I know it's you! You're the only one outside you idiot! I'm calling the cops!
Which could explain his disguise...if it was a disguise
1588650716379.png

Also, it probably wasn't very smart for the cop to take this picture and post it online. I think they may now be in a bit of trouble.

1588661736716.png

"One of the year's strongest cold fronts is bearing down on Perth and the south-west of the state today, as residents have been urged to secure their homes and prepare for gale-force winds."

I'm going to keep my eye out for strong wind warnings in future, after what happened to my table!

The funny reaction is for your table comment... the rest of the article is "wow" and "uh oh!"

That said: Happy cinco de mayo everyone...!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7