Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can’t believe I clicked on that Global.... I was bored in between games at the HK7s ...

1) You lucky bugger, being at the HK 7's, hope you're having a blast, and
2) C'mon...cute and funny animals being cute and funny! awwww :)

Hotels:

Did you ever notice how the longer you stay at hotels, the less you care how you look?

I mean when you first get there, you almost put on a suit even if you're just going up the hallway to get ice.

But after a few days you're like: "Meh, I'm going downstairs to the bar, robe and undies will do."

Lol, I never knew the whole glass upside down thing...then one day I did it in some bar...

and then....

and then....

Some guy told me what it meant so I turned my glass back up the right way quickly!

True story! A++ for exciting story...woot!!!

7qfYW93l.jpg

sub-buzz-9410-1555949391-1.jpg

edit: Also going to stick this in here so 1) I can find it easy, and 2) to remind myself not to do anything that takes more than 10 mins for the great ST unwashed. lol

Affect on effect? I'm confused

If that's true and you're saying it should be affect (I'm too tired but I'll believe you), that's hilarious!

Affect and effect are easy to mix up. Here’s the short version of how to use affect vs. effect. Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change.

Watch out! There are certain situations and fixed phrases that break the general usage rules for these words.

Of course there is, because the English language sucks!

If that's true and you're saying it should be affect (I'm too tired but I'll believe you), that's hilarious!

Affect and effect are easy to mix up. Here’s the short version of how to use affect vs. effect. Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change.

Watch out! There are certain situations and fixed phrases that break the general usage rules for these words.

Of course there is, because the English language sucks!
Well it seemed appropriate and I could not resist throwing it out there!

Tis the 6th of June here today.

75th anniversary of D-day.

A bigger event here than back in Australia I'll assume.

Either way....

Lest we forget.

Yes ... one person at least monitors the General forum ..... and why is doggo's Xmas stocking empty .... Grinch!

Yes ... one person at least monitors the General forum ..... and why is doggo's Xmas stocking empty .... Grinch!

I've been having trouble getting the stoooopid images to load from imgur.com onto here using the share link provided. I was having this prob the other day as well.

And pffft, that's my empty Christmas stocking, has my name on it and everything. Now I shall re-post the pic. Taken today when it looked like she was cold.

Initially tried to post it in response to Dan's silvertails' hell comment about people who talk to their pets as if they are people.

Animals > people anyway!

SuDXqGi.jpg

@HappilyManly You kinda like the occasional pic of Terra.

A tourist from china asked me how old Terra was today.

I said 'Almost 17'
He said months?
Nope...years!

He looked totally shocked. (But that happens a fair bit). He went to pat her but was a bit hesitant. Not sure if he was scared, or thought she was too fragile to pat.

Terra responded by ignoring everything as usual.

Not our dog.But we do a fair bit of dog sitting as the owners have this life that seemingly sees them on regular overseas trips. Import/export business is their official business title. I ask zero questions, mainly because we love their dog (Rome). I’m convinced he’s found a dog drug dealer locally, that has him on Doggie Ez. He is always so happy. You literally cannot have the ****s around this dog.

FF7CACE3-EC73-4B41-96EB-2BC8E67B4BC8.jpeg

Not our dog.But we do a fair bit of dog sitting as the owners have this life that seemingly sees them on regular overseas trips. Import/export business is their official business title. I ask zero questions, mainly because we love their dog (Rome). I’m convinced he’s found a dog drug dealer locally, that has him on Doggie Ez. He is always so happy. You literally cannot have the ****s around this dog.

View attachment 11684

Awesome! :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4