Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After glancing some of the...... posts in the other forum, I'd thought I'd post a pic or three about what I did today.

I give you Kimberley, B.C

2kanzms.mjpg

2kanzmsm.jpg

X59BX5qm.jpg

X59BX5q.mjpg

And a sexy snow covered board....

kg0gurHm.jpg

kg0gurH.mjpg

Work hard!

edit: and some annoying square plus img tags that don't show up in the edit page so can't be gotten rid of. That and I'm not re-doing the whole post for the 3 champions that read this.

maybe I am @Woodsie 's child after all!!!!
Good to see you getting around @globaleagle :)
Do you ever get up to Sun Peaks? I've skied most of BC and Alberta and it's not my favorite mountain, but I spent most of my time there (it feels way too long ago now).

Good to see you getting around @globaleagle :)
Do you ever get up to Sun Peaks? I've skied most of BC and Alberta and it's not my favorite mountain, but I spent most of my time there (it feels way too long ago now).

I've been to sun peaks a few times (5...6?) and actually met someone working there who knew one of my good mates from Sydney! #smallworld

S'funny, we usually go real early in the season (as my better half is a ski racer and it's usually the first race of the season) and we're usually there before the slopes are open to the public! - so that sucks for me.

It's really taking off as well. Units going up all along the streets that were just empty blocks of land, and even a new gondola that will cross the road up near where the cross country ski hut is.

It'll be totally out grown soon, a shame. I like the Misty Mountain pizza's though!

I've been to sun peaks a few times (5...6?) and actually met someone working there who knew one of my good mates from Sydney! #smallworld
I wonder if it was me (or someone I know). One of the bartenders at Bottoms is from Wee Waa (same age as Killer but never really knew him growing up as he went to boarding school). I once gave a lift to some guys from Newport, we got talking about people we knew and found out a childhood neighbor was now working (it) in Kings Cross.
It is a very small world sometimes - I once revealed to someone that I just met, when discussing people we knew, that I lost my virginity....to his sister @:oops: (at least it wasn't his mother).

I wont say it's cold here, but I legitimately just took some food outside to cool rather than use the freezer as it was faster.

Bit surprised by your choice of radio station GE, I thought you might be a bit more retro than that!

Er *cough* yes, I've had a couple of comments like that.

Suffice to say that Mrs ge seems to get the run of the stations.

sigh

:(

You know the zoo animal I feel the most bad for?

The Giraffe.

- Because they can always see the way out!

Dinosaurs: Consider yourselves avenged!

Today a spacecraft from Japan landed on an asteroid and fired a bullet into it.

How to be a giant:

1) Wait until it has snowed 10-15 cms like it did today.
2) Go outside near some trees
3) Stamp feet while saying "Arghhh I am giant!"
4) Snow will fall from the trees, you will feel massive and powerful, like a giant.

-Yes, I really did this today.
- I'm always kinda impressed how little 'stomping' is needed. Snow will fall when you are just walking along! Maybe...I am a giant!

That is all.

In my non forum life, I'm a busy man and rather important.*

So I really love efficient dealing with retailers, etc.

I think I had one of my favourite experiences this morning at a jewellery / goldsmith store.

Word for word:

ge: Do you replace watch batteries?
guy: Yes we do.
ge: I have a flat watch battery.
guy: I'll replace it.

5 mins later:
guy: $10 please.
ge: Thanks. Pays and leaves.

Love it.

*no I'm not.

PS: It's the watch I won from Manly.

In this thread...!

https://silvertails.net/threads/secret-membership-list-get-gifts-rocks-manly.25085/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6