Eels' new Eels' new halves pairing set to fix an old weakness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Eels' new Eels' new halves pairing set to fix an old weakness
Michael Chammas November 25, 2011

Go-to men … Chris Sandow and Ben Roberts are excited about next season.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eels-new-halves-pairing-set-to-fix-an-old-weakness-20111124-1nx0x.html

IS THIS the pair that will finally lead Parramatta towards the light at the end of the tunnel?
A curse has haunted the club's halves for the past two decades but in recruits Chris Sandow and Ben Roberts, Eels fans have renewed hope that their search for a quality pairing is finally over.
Under three coaches over the past four years, Parramatta have used 20 different halves combinations and 14 different playmakers.
The weight of expectation on the shoulders of Sandow and Roberts is heavy enough to bring down even the most resilient of combatants, but the pair insist the pressure of ending the club's halves drought is far from a burden. ''It's excitement more than pressure, to be honest,'' Sandow told the Herald. ''The halves is a struggle Parramatta have had here for a few years. But I think if me and Benny can just start the year playing good, consistent footy, everything else around us will fall into place.''
So how does a bloke who built a reputation at South Sydney for producing rocks or diamonds join forces with a Kiwi international turned NSW Cup five-eighth to transform the fortunes of the NRL's biggest underachievers of the past decade?
It's probably a question better saved for this time next year.

Yeah I LOL'D when I saw the article too
so Sandow may win you 1 in every 6 games
Roberts may win you 1 in every 12 games (Maybe)

thats 6 wins whos gonna win them the rest

Berkeley_Eagle said:

The Haynetraindrainedbrainplane

those two both miss more tackles than they make, it's going to be intresting to see how they try and cover that in defense.

Hope Sandow tries to put one of his shots on T-rex.

If it was touch footy & not tackle they could get excited - only games they win will be shootouts like 48-42. This game requires a MAJor part known as defence & they are both tissues.

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Disagree, Sandow may win you one in 12, but Roberts has never performed.

The parra leagues club is excited about Sandow as they see their pokie takings and beer sales increasing dramatically.

Peter C said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Disagree, Sandow may win you one in 12, but Roberts has never performed.

I thought he (Roberts) had a pretty good year in 2009 for the Dogs

Ben Roberts could be a star if he went to the right club and right coach, unfortunately for him, the Eels aren't that club.

He should have gone to the UK. If Rangi Chase can carve it up, then Roberts would destroyed them.

Will probably get slayed here, but Sandow actually had a bloody good year this season. Behind DCE,Thruston and Cronk he was probably the pick of the halfbacks going around

Kiwi Eagle said:
Will probably get slayed here, but Sandow actually had a bloody good year this season. Behind DCE,Thruston and Cronk he was probably the pick of the halfbacks going around

Spot the common denominater.
DCE
Thurston
Cronk
Sandow

Unbelievable really.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4