Eels' Kieran Foran ready for emotional rollercoaster when he faces Manly at Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Going to boo him for the fact he is playing against Manly, but unlike choc, who when he left said some pretty horrible things about Manly, at least Kieran has nothing but good things to say about manly and acknowledged that the sea Eagles had given him everything and taught him everything he knows about footy. Still has some great memories and good relationships and nothing but fond memories of the club.

It's sucks he plays for parra but you can't begrudge the guy too much, he's a pretty respectable player in my eyes

Eels' Kieran Foran ready for emotional rollercoaster when he faces Manly at Brookvale Oval

April 13, 2016 9:58am
DEAN RITCHIEThe Daily Telegraph

KIERAN Foran is ready for an emotional rollercoaster as he heads into unchartered territory — playing against Manly at a hostile Brookvale Oval — for the first time.

The star Parramatta recruit admitted Manly fans may still harbor some “disappointment and anger” about his painful departure after a season of turmoil in 2015.

“It will be emotional — but I can’t get caught up in the hype,” Foran said.

Foran’s return to Fortress Brookie - a ground where he helped Manly to the 2011 premiership and 2013 grand final - will give Thursday night’s grudge match added spark.

Foran is unsure how the Brookie faithful will treat him.

“It will depend on how they feel about things, whether there is still some disappointment and angry about me leaving or whether they have moved on.

story-fni0cx12-0f7e07380dc0717f572a974ff7646a49

“I’m not sure what to expect, to be honest. I don’t how I will be received. It would be nice to be well received but I also know what fans are like and how passionate they are about their clubs.

“I won’t let it faze me too much one way or the other. Look, I loved every minute of my time at Manly. To have played in two grand finals there, to have won a competition there with those guys, you remember that for the rest of your life.

“Being such a Fortress, going there as a visitor, in the visiting sheds, in the opposing team, I’m not too sure what I will feel.

“I think it will be emotional to a degree. I’ve got so many fond memories, so many great years there with the boys and the club. It will be different.

“You start out at a club, and I was fortunate to come into such a great side at Manly with so many great players at such a young age. I thought I’d never leave the joint and Brookie would be my home for my entire career.

“But I got to a point where felt like I needed a change and freshen-up. I decided to leave. But it was very hard to walk away, to make that decision to leave the clubs and the guys behind.

“But it’s business as usual now for me. I have moved on - I’m now at Parramatta, that’s just the way it is.’’

05c6b27a42d012091c090a559f66c0b7

Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans taking the NRL trophy back to Manly Leagues Club.
Foran said he would feel “strange” entering and leaving the visitor’s dressing room at Brookie. And fans will no doubt find it unusual seeing Foran run onto his former home ground in blue and gold.

“It will be strange — I don’t know what emotions I will be feeling. I know that it will be a different feeling to what I have become used to over the years. I have always turned up at Brookie and walked into the home sheds,” Foran said.

“I formed great friendships and great mates over there. I owe a lot to them. A lot of those blokes helped develop me as a player and person. I’ve got a lot to thank them for in terms of my career, those combinations and what I built with those guys over the years, that helped shape me into the player I am today.”

I believe about 5% of what he said in that article.

Sounds like he's going overboard not to give Manly players ammo (smart.)

But, he's a tool.

sounds like a politician trying to get his electorate to forget all the things he 'did.'

Though I just don't know if any of the players will have that deep burning desire to lay him out (legally) like us fans do.

We seem to get pretty caught up in things...but the players remain good mates, etc.

Need some spartans on our team!

- hoping for some real Karma on Thursday.

Last edited:
I believe about 5% of what he said in that article.

sounds like a politician trying to get his electorate to forget all the things he 'did.'

Though I just don't know if any of the players will have that deep burning desire to lay him out (legally) like us fans do.

We seem to get pretty caught up in things...but the players remain good mates, etc.

Need some spartans on our team!

- hoping for some real Karma on Thursday.

I believe what he is saying. We was a manly junior and he did have a pretty close knit friendship with the Stewerts, Matai, Choc etc

I don't begrudge him. I left previous employers that have been terrific companies and formed some of my best mates i still hang out with today, but after working at the same place for many years, sometimes you just need a change.

The difference between him & choc was choc couldn't keep his gob shut, forme was way worse as he not only lied about things he dogged it when he was still being paid to play for us. He is now right where he should be, playing for a dodgy pack of cheaters

that's completely fine that you don't, I do.

The whining when he first re-signed and coffee-gate this time around and the b/s we all had to go through last year was sickening.

Too me he's a spoilt, self absorbed, over entitled whiny brat. I'm so happy we don't have to go through 6-8 months of him um-ing and ah- ing before every contract like he thinks he the golden child.

The media love him as well inexplicitly.

But....I hear he speaks highly of me...lol.

He speaks with forked tongue :devil:

If he was honest he would have told Manly that he was moving on at the end of his contract.
Instead, he led them on and even denied the Feb, 2015 SMH expose on him signing with Parra :mad:

Sooky Pants is a control freak that sooks when he doesn't get his way.:confused:

So happy that he is gone from Manly :party:

ha, you guys are a tough crowd. The Manly way I guess!

Bozo said he almost had him signed, I still think he was in two minds and seriously considering staying. Doesn't matter now, I'm happy with how things have turned out. Picked up some pretty handy players and the whole team seems to be playing for one another again - the tight Manly outfit we have come to know and love.

Looking forward to the rest of the season

He speaks with forked tongue :devil:

If he was honest he would have told Manly that he was moving on at the end of his contract.
Instead, he led them on and even denied the Feb, 2015 SMH expose on him signing with Parra :mad:

Sooky Pants is a control freak that sooks when he doesn't get his way.:confused:

So happy that he is gone from Manly :party:
Exactly

He knew that he was leaving manly 12 months before announcing it

He carefully planned his departure to make it look as though he was torn between staying and going. he was always going and it shows that he is deceitful and a liar who only cares about himself.

You wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him with the enemy is coming over the top as he would be sitting in the corner sooking and doing nothing knowing that he had already joined the enemy

Never in all my years as a Manly fan was I as disappointed as I was when I first learned he was interested in joining a club who have spent years hating and resenting everything we stand for.

I accept as a fan that players come and go. I accept that our clubs administration was a big reason why he wanted out. How our treatment of player retention and communication to the playing group was awful.

If he loved Manly as he says he does. He would not have put our fans what he put us through last year. It was obvious he stopped being on board with Manly from about August 2014 when the talks started about going over there. For months we waited for him to decide and I know it would have been an agonizing decision for him and the rules we have in the game drew this out to the point that it was so frustrating to watch him play last season when he was not really with us. Point is he was gone a lot earlier than when he actually signed in March last year.

I accept he has moved on and it is painful to watch him inspire our enemy to new territory of success. I can never love anything blue and gold. The history between our clubs and their behaviour when they were winning in the 80s ensures that.

What I dislike is that this is our home game , yet the whole press is about him. I just want to see 17 committed guys out there in maroon and white hammer 17 guys wearing blue and gold.

We have an exciting new team with some amazing talent and you really hope that Barrett has them primed to make the 80 minutes tomorrow night as uncomfortable as possible for the whinging worms.

I know a lot of the younger fans think that our rivalry with them is old and forgotten. I accept that but when you lived through the 70s and 80s and saw it explode and then watch them resent us cause they did bugger all after that period. This is a club who openly hate us, yet in recent times have acquired many quality players from us with money that is now likely to get them into hot water. It is true that we got some of their players too but only ones they did not want in reality.

I do not begrudge Foran from tying up his future, that is fair enough but as a fan, I feel he turned our back on us when we needed him the most. It is my opinion but thats how it feels.

The only reason he is talking nice about Manly is due to the poop fest he has landed himself in. He is trying to rebuild the bridges he white anted, hoping to wheedle his way back into our mighty fine club. Bad luck buddy, maybe shouldn't have done 'what's right for my family' after all

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6