Eels' Dylan Brown charged with sexual touching in pub

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Between what the NRL position is likely to be (the last thing they will want is proven-guilty sex criminals running around drawing publicity and big $$) and the rather strong statements from the Eels themselves, I honestly will be surprised to see Dylan Brown back this year. I don't think the Eels can turn around from their statements and say "....and therefore we will welcome Dylan back next week to be part of the Eels premiership effort in 2023." It will not amaze me if his contract ends up being torn up.

By no way am I trivialising the Brown boob grab, but the warriors player assaults a 16 year old in the toilets of a club and gets 2 weeks.

Warriors forward Josh Curran has been handed a two-match suspension and a $10,000 fine after pleading guilty to assaulting a 16-year-old in a nightclub toilet on grand final night last year.

Parramatta Eels five-eighth Dylan Brown has accepted his seven-game ban and fine from the NRL as the Eels get set to deliver further punishments to him.

News Corp has reported that the Eels are set to fine Brown an additional $20,000 fine (minimum) to go with his $40,000 fine - half of which was suspended - and seven-match ban by the NRL.

-DT and zero tackle (who prob got it from the DT)

Parramatta Eels five-eighth Dylan Brown has accepted his seven-game ban and fine from the NRL as the Eels get set to deliver further punishments to him.

News Corp has reported that the Eels are set to fine Brown an additional $20,000 fine (minimum) to go with his $40,000 fine - half of which was suspended - and seven-match ban by the NRL.

-DT and zero tackle (who prob got it from the DT)
Doesn'tmatta wouldn't want him to miss any more matches than those covering his NRL ban, hence the fine. It looks like a punishment but in reality it is more important that the club doesn't compromise its chances of winning matches. Who knows if the fine will ever be enforced?
I'm sceptical that any player actually pays their fines, with the clubs just paying it from petty cash or pokie machine revenue. I really don't blame the players. What other profession imposes fines on their workers? I'd hate to be docked pay for making an unintentional mistake.
Does anybody actually think cricketers pay the fines for slow over rates, which can amount to 100% of their match fees? It's window dressing.

Doesn'tmatta wouldn't want him to miss any more matches than those covering his NRL ban, hence the fine. It looks like a punishment but in reality it is more important that the club doesn't compromise its chances of winning matches. Who knows if the fine will ever be enforced?
I'm sceptical that any player actually pays their fines, with the clubs just paying it from petty cash or pokie machine revenue. I really don't blame the players. What other profession imposes fines on their workers? I'd hate to be docked pay for making an unintentional mistake.
Does anybody actually think cricketers pay the fines for slow over rates, which can amount to 100% of their match fees? It's window dressing.

If they say they are going to fine him, and the nrl pay the players, then they should deduct that amount from the...whenever it is (monthly, quarterly...?) payments to the club.

You've mentioned this a few times and I can't get an answer for you, but it'd be simple enough for the nrl to deduct fines from the players by not paying the clubs.

Now...obviously the clubs can still pay the player somehow...but that'd be cheating the cap...

can of worms still opened.

In the NHL, all fines go to a players' welfare fund.

The maximum amount they can get fined is $5000 (and most of them are multi-millionaires) BUT when they get banned for games, they lose that amount of their wages. (the nrl doesn't do that). - so that builds up the players' welfare coffers as some get paid 100k+ a game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4