Eel greats rally against Fitzgerald

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
RAY Price has joined fellow Parramatta great Eric Grothe in a looming boardroom showdown against Eels CEO and long-time nemesis Denis Fitzgerald next month.

Several other former Eels stars are also being sounded out to add their names to a ticket to replace the current football club board, with the ultimate aim of overthrowing Fitzgerald.

The football club AGM is on December 14, with final nominations due next Friday.

All seven incumbent directors are up for re-election, and the rival ticket needs to win at least four seats to gain control of the football club.

Grothe announced he was willing and ready to challenge for "the good of the club" after he and Brett Kenny were denied interviews for coaching roles in the wake of Michael Hagan's premature retirement.

It has also emerged that Price - a former premiership-winning teammate of Grothe's - has been convinced to throw his hat into the ring, along with local lawyer John Chidiac. But with seven spots available, a full ticket is being sought before the nomination is submitted.

Kenny has also been sounded out, but confirmed work commitments would prevent him from running. "I can't do it but I've told them that I'm willing to do anything to help bring passion and emotion back to Parramatta," he said.

Eel's greats, huh?  They're a bunch of dead heads.  I'm with Canteen, long may chaos rule. 

Hope they dont get in I love how Fitzy keeps the eels at the same pathetic level year in year out

Denis Fitzgerald is the biggest tool of a CEO in the NRL. If you can call him a CEO he's a real clown along with their pathetic team the peels suck.

i dont understand everyones view of wanting a club to get axed from the competition it isnt good for the nrl the fans and the club.

Parra is one of our strongest rivalries and we would only have storm left as a rivalry. If we end up wishing clubs get axed then we might as well say we wish the competition to be a one team competition with Manly A versing Manly B.

After going what weve gone through i wish it happens to no team wether its parra, sharks ect. But i will always hope we remain a dominate force in the nrl.

and besides if parra goes then there goes one of our feeder clubs :)

I am with you deadly eagle. No way would I wish for the death of any club. People wanting expansion are kidding themselves. Melbourne, Canberram Cowboys and co are all running at huge losses, propped up by News and to suggest that long established clubs can be replaced by new ones is fairy tale stuff.

Manly A versus Manly B, excellent.  We'll always have feeder clubs, look at Norths, Wests, Souths and now Penrith are coming along, oh, and I forgot the Raiders.  A comp comprising just Manly would be just fabulous.   

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8