Eastern Hill going ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

CAMBO

Reserve Grader
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/ambitious-plans-for-brookvale-oval-revitalisation/story-fngr8hax-1226692282690

Check the image. Looks like the hills days are numbered. Sad but you can't blame them.

Garts said:
Oh well. I would rather play out of Brookie with no hill than be forced to the SFS or ANZ.

Well said mate. It would be great if down the track they had something like that stand all the way around the ground except the northern end. I remember back in 2003 Phillip dean said that was their dream plan provided it could be funded.

In a design that was posted a year or so ago, they were keeping the hill and building a grandstand behind it.

The hill may be smaller than what it is now but i thought there was at least half the hill in front of the new stand.

I also thought they were trying to put terrace type of seating in front of the Jane Try Stand all the way down to the fence.

I'd imagine there would be a few different versions depending on costs.

A smaller hill is a must for me as i'd hate to see it go altogether but love the idea of a stand behind it to house more comfortable seating and corporates.

We need the corporate dollars coming in to match the other teams.

We need Brooky to have a capacity all seated of 25K, if the capacity is to be cut to around 15 to 17 K , the club will die. I still think the inevitable outcoe will be a split of 6 games at Brooky and SFS, its a matter of time.

Better not be as bad as the Panthers eastern stand. Except in July no one sits there in day games because it gets too hot. Grass is cooler man.

sheridanstand78 said:
We need Brooky to have a capacity all seated of 25K, if the capacity is to be cut to around 15 to 17 K , the club will die. I still think the inevitable outcoe will be a split of 6 games at Brooky and SFS, its a matter of time.

I fear the Council hopes to copy what Sydney council did to Redfern Oval. Makes it unusable for NRL & they get their open parkland to walk dogs in along with a grandstand to eat their cut lunch and soda.

Its the way of the future people. Cold hard fact is that if Brookie doesn't get done up then we get shafted with the SFS in a few years time.

All seater Eastern Stand is the way to go. Improves sustainability, corporate facilities, and we can still keep the northern hill. It would be good if the could connect the new Eastern Stand with the Fulton-Menzies Stand.

bones said:
The plans include 'meeting spaces for the community'.
What a huge relief.
Yeah, every Sunday we can have something like a "speakers corner", where we can bring our soapboxes and talk about saving the spotted frog in Brookvale Valley.

Wish they built a Northern Stand instead, connected to the Jane Try Stand.

It would stop the winter winds and have the same seating capacity as the eastern hill :idea:

The design looks much better than the Warringah Council efforts of a year or two ago. Keep it simple. Plus there will still be plenty of grass at Brookie.

ManlyArmy said:
All seater Eastern Stand is the way to go. Improves sustainability, corporate facilities, and we can still keep the northern hill. It would be good if the could connect the new Eastern Stand with the Fulton-Menzies Stand.

Yes it would - but you mean the 'Fulton-Menzies-Stewart' Stand ?

HappilyManly said:

It would stop the winter winds and have the same seating capacity as the eastern hill :idea:

I agree. I'd also like to see the existing stands improved and heightened to increase seating capacity before they touch the Hill.
It would be a sad day if the Hill was dug up, but if it is the only way that we get to play at Brokkie then so be it. I just believe there are other options that should be considered first.

The Who said:
HappilyManly said:

I agree. I'd also like to see the existing stands improved and heightened to increase seating capacity before they touch the Hill.
It would be a sad day if the Hill was dug up, but if it is the only way that we get to play at Brokkie then so be it. I just believe there are other options that should be considered first.

Anyone on Silvertails a structural engineer? I doubt it would be possible to safely, substantially increase the height of the existing stands.

Mals said:
The Who said:
HappilyManly said:

Anyone on Silvertails a structural engineer? I doubt it would be possible to safely, substantially increase the height of the existing stands.
Perhaps they can, as it would be a shame if they spent all of that money building that addition to the Jane Try stand.

manlywarringah said:
In a design that was posted a year or so ago, they were keeping the hill and building a grandstand behind it.

The hill may be smaller than what it is now but i thought there was at least half the hill in front of the new stand.

I also thought they were trying to put terrace type of seating in front of the Jane Try Stand all the way down to the fence.

I'd imagine there would be a few different versions depending on costs.

A smaller hill is a must for me as i'd hate to see it go altogether but love the idea of a stand behind it to house more comfortable seating and corporates.

We need the corporate dollars coming in to match the other teams.

I asked a director today and was told there will be no hill on the eastern side. Its gone.
I was told that if the hill stayed then manly would be playing out of the S F S. Thats the commerical reality of it.

I loved the hill but I love the eagles more and want them to keep playing out of Brookie.

Not a hard choice.

Well done to Kerry Sibraa for his hard work again.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4