Easter Saturday Home Game at ANZ. Would it work?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Easter Saturday ANZ Home Game. Would it work?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Been reading a lot on here lately that quite a few Sea Eagles Members and Fans come from Western/South Western Sydney.

Would a game at ANZ Stadium on an Easter Saturday against the Roosters or Dragons etc. get a big enough crowd to make it a permanent fixture for Manly to play there every year on the Easter Weekend?

IMO I think it would, as it lines up with the Easter Show and would provide free transport for everyone all over Sydney as do all ANZ games, especially as buses run to and from the Beaches to the Easter Show.

Could offer a special membership to try and turn those Western Sydney fans into members. Similar to what Souths have done, except only take one game there.

A membership package of 4 games, entry to ANZ game, plus entry to 3 games at Brookie.

Would also increase the corporate opportunity for the club which we lack at Brookie.

For sure. I can't believe our management haven't scheduled one considering how keen they are to move games away and make money.

This makes sense as crowd numbers almost double because of the easter show and as you say, corporates would love it too.

Some teams have their games locked in like dogs v souths and i'm not sure if parra v tigers is another. We should've locked in the slimey eels during the easter weekend each year as that would be a big drawing game that time of year.

I'd be in and it could be one of our games we take away each year.

It's crazy not to take advantage of the huge number of families who are already in the area for a day out.

I'm amazed that people would rather see Manly play Parra at ANZ instead of Brookie.

Playing the game at ANZ is probably the only way you could manage to starve the game of any atmosphere.

I'd rather play it at Parra stadium to be honest. By taking it to ANZ we would lose the home ground advantage anyway so we might as well so the whole hog.

I'm amazed that people would rather see Manly play Parra at ANZ instead of Brookie.

Playing the game at ANZ is probably the only way you could manage to starve the game of any atmosphere.

I'd rather play it at Parra stadium to be honest. By taking it to ANZ we would lose the home ground advantage anyway so we might as well so the whole hog.

That's why I left Parra out of it. Roosters, Dragons or Sharks would be perfect as they are as further away as us.

Easter Show Events bus requires a Show ticket.

But the concept is great, I went to watch us beat Souths there after going to the Show a few years back :)

Would you rather 5000 more and a reduced chance of winning at anz, or 5000 less and a greater chance of winning at brookie? I'd take the brookie option. We can make up the numbers by getting to the September dance.

I'd rather play the slimey eels at ANZ rather than parra stadium.

This match would be every year so the next year they would host us there. They have beaten us the last couple of times at their home ground so taking it to ANZ, they wouldn't have the same advantage as parra stadium gives them.

Besides, we are a premiership contender every year as we play well away from home and need to be to win the comp. Parra only play well at parra stadium so ANZ will not be an advantage for them. Throw in the bigger crowd numbers and potential financial gain and it all adds up for me.

We take 2 games away from brookie every year so why not one to the easter weekend? Even if it's not the slimey eels, any game would benefit our bottom line.

Seems a few people do not fully understand the basics.
1. Management do not schedule the games, the NRL do. Management can request things but that is rarely met unless you are the Broncos. Do you really thing Management asked for bugger all Sunday arvo games?
2. We do not control Parra's home game appointments, they do or is the suggestion based on the home game we do control and someone thinks we will play this at Parra stadium?

Additional to this, do you really think we are the first Sydney club to think of this? All clubs would be asking for this and the NRL are probably ignoring them. Make it an Easter Sydney weekend blockbuster where there are min 3 games of Sydney teams across the weekend but they won't do that as it would be good for the game.

The NRL already schedule every year the dogs v souths game on easter Friday to maximise the crowd for the show. This I believe was decided between the dogs and souths and taken to the NRL. I'm sure the eels and tigers reached the same agreement for the easter Monday which the NRL have agreed to.

This is the same agreement that I believe we should get into with another Sydney club. I only suggested parra as it would almost guarantee a 30,000 crowd. Another Sydney club would be ok although most of the big crowd pullers are already snapped up for that weekend.

The NRL makes sure the Easter Friday and Monday games are locked into the schedule for those sides every year, like the ANZAC day game always being between roosters v saints (which I don't agree with). There's no reason why they couldn't lock us into a Saturday game with eg: saints or roosters every year also.

Need to make it easy to get to games, especially if it is to build a new routine. Especially at ANZ, what about transport to the games, and parking (for those going by car), being included in the (reasonably-priced) ticket? Better value that throwing those extra million into ads.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6