Dylan Walker possible NSW 6?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe a Backline like this for the blues
1.Moylan
2.Roberts/Mansour/Tafua
3.Jennings
4.Dugan
5.Morris
6.Walker
7.Renyolds/Hodkinson

1.Moylan
2.Roberts/Mansour/Tafua
3.Jennings
4.Dugan
5.Morris
6.Walker
7.Renyolds/Hodkinson
What I like about this backline is with the exception of the 7 (whether it's reynolds or hodkinson) is they are all lightning quick. Ok Dugan maybe not but he's not slow either, Moylan Robert Morris Jennings Walker.....they are 5 of the quickest players in the league. There's plenty of points in them.

I think anyone with a reasonable skill set is a chance of being nsw 5/8 such is the dire state of the list of candidates. Hopefully walker gets picked because that will mean he is playing well for us in the 6

I don't get the fawning over Walker as a number 6.....no doubt great potential but to my knowledge never has played an NRL game at 6 in his life (maybe in the 20's or coming through).

And to suggest he's an Origin candidate before he's even had one game as 6 is ludicrous to say the least.

I hope the kid goes well BUT as far as I'm concerned he's really a stop gap and destined for the centres when our current 3 or 4 retire.

I don't get the fawning over Walker as a number 6.....no doubt great potential but to my knowledge never has played an NRL game at 6 in his life (maybe in the 20's or coming through).

And to suggest he's an Origin candidate before he's even had one game as 6 is ludicrous to say the least.

I hope the kid goes well BUT as far as I'm concerned he's really a stop gap and destined for the centres when our current 3 or 4 retire.
He played 20s as a 5/8 I believe and all of his juniors as a 5/8, and has played nrl games at 5/8. He won't be going back to the centres because he and Barret want him to play 5/8 long term. He's a waste at centre IMO get him more involved.

I thought Dylan Walker was the talent we needed to replace Lyon when he retires. If he stays at 5/8 there's going to be some big boots that need filling (possibly) next year.
And what about the young Tom Wright ?

1.Moylan
2.Roberts/Mansour/Tafua
3.Jennings
4.Dugan
5.Morris
6.Walker
7.Renyolds/Hodkinson

You forget that Laurie Daley already seems to have Blake Ferguson penciled in for the Blues #1 jumper even though he hasn't played a game at the back since March 2012.

It would not surprise me if Barrett asked Daley not to pick Walker at all. Barrett is not here to make origin players but to win competition points.

I am not thinking of Dylan Walker as a stop gap...rather a similar situation to Greg Inglis where he moved from the centres to fullback to get more involved and better utilise his skill set.

But I agree that we should at least let him play a few first grade games before we get too carried away.

Exactly right Snake. Walker has played a bare minimum of first grade games at 5/8. Lets see how he actually goes there before handing him the NSW #6 jumper.

I thought Dylan Walker was the talent we needed to replace Lyon when he retires. If he stays at 5/8 there's going to be some big boots that need filling (possibly) next year.
And what about the young Tom Wright ?

I suspect the aim is to have Walker as five eighth in 2015, but hopefully in 2016 or 17 Wright will be there at 5/8 and Walker with Matai in the centre. If Wright doesnt develop as hoped, I suspect Manly still has their eye on Bird for 2018

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6