Dylan Walker injuries thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They are saying the rehab is ahead of schedule mate, and Dylan will be right for round one.
Some good news there !!!
Sporting News .....
" Walker is waiting for his badly broken leg to mend enough for him to undergo a shoulder operation . He is back in the gym but confined to upper body strength work .THE PLAN IS FOR HIM TO BE BACK IN ROUND ONE "
I hope the plan goes well :)

Some good news there !!!
Sporting News .....
" Walker is waiting for his badly broken leg to mend enough for him to undergo a shoulder operation . He is back in the gym but confined to upper body strength work .THE PLAN IS FOR HIM TO BE BACK IN ROUND ONE "
I hope the plan goes well :)

Great news. Was more worried about his shoulder. Bad shoulder injuries can haunt you for years if not rehabbed properly. Sounds like he is already regaining strength in that department. The break will be fine, breaks are far less complicated than torn ligaments and fractures. The ankle will need some extra rehab and time, they can be a little tricky. Need to get that right or they roll again. DCE had trouble last season with his ankle by was fine this year - no dramas. Hopefully same with Walker

I know....
Bold move, interesting. I just reckon that when he was on the field in 2017 we looked more alive. And had more in us (in attack). His repetitive cutting back in field gave depth to our backline plays and threw oposition sides out, also allowing chez to have a hole-runner. Don't mind winterstein though, just think he doesnt have enough impact. Believe that him off the bench would simplify his game to running hard, tackling hard and supporting. That's what we needed more of (more often) in 2017

Bold move, interesting. I just reckon that when he was on the field in 2017 we looked more alive. And had more in us (in attack). His repetitive cutting back in field gave depth to our backline plays and threw oposition sides out, also allowing chez to have a hole-runner. Don't mind winterstein though, just think he doesnt have enough impact. Believe that him off the bench would simplify his game to running hard, tackling hard and supporting. That's what we needed more of (more often) in 2017
Sorry mate , i meant i know i missed him.

A nice interview with Walker now on the club's site. Seems he's only been back at training for a couple of weeks, and there was no mention of an expected return date. Which makes me wonder if his return will be further away than we hoped? At least he is seen standing up and his leg is pointing in the correct direction, so he is making progress! You'd have to think it would take him all year - at least - to get back to his explosive best after all that.

He is lucky. Some have had to retire after the same injury he had. Fingers crossed get gets back to his best. Still very young player with loads of expirence. Will still have over 10 years in the game so he has all the time in the world to get himself right

Similar to George Rose, and Jake’s broken leg. Difference being that they don’t rely on blinding speed I guess, unlike Dylan. The man is hugely passionate though, so I doubt it will hold him back once he’s deemed fit.

I saw a comment he made on instagram, he says he is back at training... That was January 10. Also the news from October 10 from Sporting news:

Walker broke his ankle playing for the PM's XIII in New Guinea last month and was expected to miss at least the first six weeks of the 2018 competition.

But he is back in the gym and targeting an early return.

"Walker is waiting for his badly broken leg to mend enough for him to undergo a shoulder operation," Manly official Peter Peters reports.

"He is back in the gym but confined to upper body strength work.

"The plan is for him to be back for round one against Newcastle next season."

Walker was one of Manly's best during the 2017 campaign and was considered a World Cup hope before injury struck.

A nice interview with Walker now on the club's site. Seems he's only been back at training for a couple of weeks, and there was no mention of an expected return date. Which makes me wonder if his return will be further away than we hoped? At least he is seen standing up and his leg is pointing in the correct direction, so he is making progress! You'd have to think it would take him all year - at least - to get back to his explosive best after all that.

Zorba wrote in his article in today’s MD that he’s no chance for Round one and Uate is even a possibility being looked at for the centre position.

4 weeks fuk. Bit concerned about where will start season no walker and inexperienced 6.
Seems we may go with uate in centres with prob matt wright on wing guessing. That’s a least risk move while Parker, tom wright and all very green

That was a shocking leg break, I wouldn't be expecting to much of Walker. Similar sort of break as the one the finished Jarred Yow Yeh.

I have always thought that a fully fit Dylan would be vital and push us to challenge for the title and would actually assist and who our new 5/8 may be

However, how we perform without him or in his early return over the first 4 weeks will determine if we challenge for the top four

All the best wakz, you can be our champ ,we need you,your confidence and competitiveness to help our inspire our young guns

Loved your hard running hit ups into the opposition forwards

Only one speed and that was flat out

Go manly

I hope he bounces back strong after some major rebuilds .... don't bring him back prematurely, we don't want him re-injuring and being out for the rest of the season

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...s/news-story/2d91917c85948b92acc3effd06975276

Sea Eagles: Dylan Walker’s fightback after five operations

Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
February 2, 2018 4:53p

AFTER a nightmare off-season when he underwent five operations, Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker has taken some big steps forward this week on the road to recovery.

The 2017 Dally M centre of the year had his first run in four months at the club’s Narrabeen headquarters on Wednesday morning.

For about 20 minutes he was running 50m sets at a slow, easy pace which marked a significant moment in his rehab program.

“It was getting used to the mechanics again but it is going well,” Walker said.

“It was good to get out on the grass and do some rehab running.”

3c36ade07511b80c81806bb6f8dfc98a

Manly Sea Eagles centre Dylan Walker at Freshwater this week, Picture: AAP //Joel Carrett.
Walker has had two operations on the ankle that he dislocated while playing for the Prime Ministers XIII in Papua New Guinea last year.

He also underwent shoulder reconstruction surgery and that was followed by an operation on his neck to remove a stone that had blocked his salivary glands.

An infection set in after the stone was removed and Walker had to go under the knife again two weeks later for the fifth time.

“The neck was the most frustrating one because the infection started to infect my shoulder and shoulder,” Walker said.

“But once that all got cleared up from the second operation it’s been uphill from there and I’ve felt better and better.

“It’s good to finally get into some training now and doing the things I have been used to the last couple of years,” he said.

Through it all Walker constantly replayed in his head that he will come back fit, healthy and strong.

01d728aceedddc414a271fccad493a99

Dylan Walker in action against the Panthers. Picture; Cameron Spencer/Getty Images).
“I had to work a lot on my mind over that little four month break, I had to stay positive which I think I have been,” he said.

“It’s a bit more visualisation and just looking at the game in a different way and it’s something I’ll continue to do.”

Walker will again be a key man in the Sea Eagles’ premiership campaign after the big impact he made in 2017.

“I have set myself some pretty high goals for when I come back,” he said.

“I want to come back just as good and that is being professional in the rehab and looking after my injuries.”

There have been suggestions that Walker will return to the field in round four of the NRL but he said no date has yet been locked in.

“I’m hoping to get back around that time, l have to go see the surgeon again in the next couple of weeks and wait to see what he says,” Walker said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7