Dylan Walker injuries thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think with George outside him, he was a lot more confident to attack in defence. With Wright beside him he looked hesitant almost all the time. And I don't blame the guy, Wright is a good fill in for injury but in my opinion shouldn't have be given any more than a couple of games to act as a replacement. When Tafua went down, I don't think Wright was the correct long term replacement... but thats just my opinion.
I don’t think we had much choice but to go with Matt Wright as he was the only option that came with first grade experience, I may be wrong but I think Parker was also out injured at the time Jorge went down.

Pretty sure that Brad Parker was 18 th man occasionally and even on the bench once when Mat Wright was still regularly selected as a winger . Maybe Matt's goal kicking input was the reason for this . Brad did seem to spend a good part of the season out with injury , and again hopefully and really good if he , Kelly and Tom Wright can be really primed and playing to their best potential and ability for next season

For all we know walks might be right for round 1 , anyones guess. Here's hoping.
Couldn’t agree more. Reading this thread it appears Walker will be lucky to retain any of his speed, mental fortitude or footballing ability. All the footage I’ve seen of Dylan since the injury he’s been upbeat and smiling. He even said he thought his career was over, which implies he has been reassured that that’s not the case. Otherwise he would have said something along the lines of fingers crossed my career is not over. And before people start with of course he’s going to say it’s all good. Yow-yeh never pretended everything was sweet, in fact the concern for his career was openly reported from the time of the injury until the point he retired. There were reports that stated that he was hoping another operation would fix him up but that was it. There is nothing to be gained by pretending an injury will be okay if that’s not the case. The club and Dylan are speaking about his return to the field in terms of fact. Not in hope with fingers crossed, and Dylan would not appear to be so relaxed and happy if he had been told his career is in jeopardy.

After such a serious injury, one thing we cant expect is the brilliance of his play we saw at certain stages, returning for several months after he starts playing again. He'll be quite reserved in his play for a while I would guess. I wouldn't expect the Walker of '17 until mid 2018.

Couldn’t agree more. Reading this thread it appears Walker will be lucky to retain any of his speed, mental fortitude or footballing ability. All the footage I’ve seen of Dylan since the injury he’s been upbeat and smiling. He even said he thought his career was over, which implies he has been reassured that that’s not the case. Otherwise he would have said something along the lines of fingers crossed my career is not over. And before people start with of course he’s going to say it’s all good. Yow-yeh never pretended everything was sweet, in fact the concern for his career was openly reported from the time of the injury until the point he retired. There were reports that stated that he was hoping another operation would fix him up but that was it. There is nothing to be gained by pretending an injury will be okay if that’s not the case. The club and Dylan are speaking about his return to the field in terms of fact. Not in hope with fingers crossed, and Dylan would not appear to be so relaxed and happy if he had been told his career is in jeopardy.

He will be back and he will be very good again. The kid is bloody competitive and seems the kind that will do the extra reps needed for rehab.

This is definitely a setback though. If he can be consistent next year I'm happy. I'm not expecting the full explosiveness / evasiveness to return until 2019.

Will be very glad to be proven wrong on the last part!

In the interim, i wouldn't mind betting Turbo goes to centre with Kelly and M Wright to fullback.

Could look like this without many additions YET. 1 Wright 2 Uate 3 Turbo 4 Kelly 5 Uate 6 Green 7 Dce 8 Marty 9 Api 10 Lussick 11 Thompson 12 Winterstein 13 Jake .

Really need an attacking weapon at full back to be fully competitive at an N R L level .Matty Wright is usually a whole hearted player but Tom Turbo still seems to be the most suited option to provide the best impact from full back for Manly .

No way would I have Matt Wright in the team when we have Tom Wright, Anderson, Parker etc. Give the kids a go. Matt Wright is solid but he doesn't have the skill set of the three mentioned.

Really need an attacking weapon at full back to be fully competitive at an N R L level .Matty Wright is usually a whole hearted player but Tom Turbo still seems to be the most suited option to provide the best impact from full back for Manly .
It would be a bandaid quick fix. Wright didnt do to shabby there when filling in for Tom , and Tom has proved he can handle Centre.

Could look like this without many additions YET. 1 Wright 2 Uate 3 Turbo 4 Kelly 5 Uate 6 Green 7 Dce 8 Marty 9 Api 10 Lussick 11 Thompson 12 Winterstein 13 Jake .
I would be really disappointed if that was the best 1-7 we could come up with if Walker is out. No advancement or player development on last season whatsoever.

Have you seen much of young ranga Parker ?
He will be in the mix . Watch this space feathered friend .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4