Dummy bids

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Bidding wars over players have the potential to destabilise clubs.

Broncos want DCE, we want to keep him.

Our club should start making million dollar bids to any best talent coming on the market. This will force the current club to pay top dollar to retain their talent, thus weakening the other clubs ability to have best talent spread across their 25 player roster.

The Broncos are doing this to us at the moment. I believe DCE will stay with us forever, but the Broncos are keeping us honest by forcing us to pay top dollar. Fair enough, he has the right to earn a good living.

Our club should start returning fire! We should start making big bids and hold other clubs accountable for retaining all their best talent on top dollar.

To stir the pot, we should start with a 700K pa offer to Maguire once his contract expires with the broncos. 400K of that counted towards the salary cap and the other 300K pa to come from the promise or potential of a third party arrangement.

Start biting back Manly!

Or....screw the other clubs and attack the real evil doers. The journo's. Get their email addresses and bombard them with questions like, "Where did you copy this story from?". Jam their emails with stupid rumours that have no foundation of truth. Get their Editors email and ask "Why does your reporter, for want of a better word, get his info? Why do you pay him/her to copy and paste other journo's stories from last week?".

We have our own small army here at Silvertails. If every member here sent 3 emails per day to a journ/editor, we could turn the tables and start to apply real pressure right back on the scummy, gutter trash journo's with only 2 results possible.

1. They will have to actually conduct interviews and report the truth or
2. They will be sacked for being the cause of the papers servers crashing.

WHO'S WITH ME???? Come on. If a teenager can organise a couple of thousand people to stand and clap for a minute at Brookie for Glenn...surely a Silvertails Army could make a couple of journo's/editors lives miserable for not doing their jobs with a couple of simple emails.

Or I guess we could all just sit here reading and complaining to each other every time another story is rehashed, accomplishing nothing while the journo's enjoy their name being in the paper.

I've lost any momentum I may have generated too by posting that. It's bloody raining here, that doesn't help.

Aaaannnd......I'm out.

Let me know how it all goes.

McGuire has to worth an inquiry or 3.

Moz what happened to some eagles stuff in the coaching box last weekend? I hope you haven't turned into a cat?

Didn't @Dan have a link in the past that kept a log of the spurious Media claims, and what actually transpired ?

Probably in 2012, when the Son of Sam was reported to have everyone on 'Get out' clauses.

mozgrame said:
I've lost any momentum I may have generated too by posting that. It's bloody raining here, that doesn't help.

Aaaannnd......I'm out.

Two major problems mozzie.

!) I would have to either buy or use up download space to see their pathetic newspapers.
2) I would have to read the inane garbage.

Alan said:
mozgrame said:

Aaaannnd......I'm out.

Two major problems mozzie.

!) I would have to either buy or use up download space to see their pathetic newspapers.
2) I would have to read the inane garbage.

I just read what people post on here. Well...most people. Same same. :)

Can we offer Griffin $1mill a year to be ball boy? Then DCE's dad has an even less tenuous link to the Broncos, he'll why don't we just sign DCE's dad!

Dummy bids. Good idea, lets make a bid on Dan Hunt. That guy looks as silly as a ball of string. I bet his Mum still has night terrors about his birth. He has a huge melon.

There is a reason why we have made 4 grand finals and won 2 over the last 7 years and it is not by playing the mind games other clubs do and it is not by paying overs on hyped up overrated superstars. We retain, cleverly fill gaps in the roster with smart recruitment and build a culture of hard work and toughness!

HappilyManly said:
Didn't @Dan have a link in the past that kept a log of the spurious Media claims, and what actually transpired ?

Probably in 2012, when the Son of Sam was reported to have everyone on 'Get out' clauses.

Yup but I couldn't get any momentum with it so let the site die

silvertail said:

Our club should start making million dollar bids to any best talent coming on the market. This will force the current club to pay top dollar to retain their talent, thus weakening the other clubs ability to have best talent spread across their 25 player roster.

The Broncos are doing this to us at the moment. I believe DCE will stay with us forever, but the Broncos are keeping us honest by forcing us to pay top dollar. Fair enough, he has the right to earn a good living.

Our club should start returning fire! We should start making big bids and hold other clubs accountable for retaining all their best talent on top dollar.

To stir the pot, we should start with a 700K pa offer to Maguire once his contract expires with the broncos. 400K of that counted towards the salary cap and the other 300K pa to come from the promise or potential of a third party arrangement.

Start biting back Manly!

Why would you think he'd stay st Manly forever.
He can get better money at the broncos, be nearer to his home and family and not have to play with a bunch of blokes who don't like him.

Jerry1 said:
silvertail said:

Start biting back Manly!

Why would you think he'd stay st Manly forever.
He can get better money at the broncos, be nearer to his home and family and not have to play with a bunch of blokes who don't like him.

But their colours are so gauche.

I don't believe for one second that false offers are tabled to players in order to force other clubs to pay more. Players and managers don't work on handshake agreements, the offer needs to be mapped out properly before a player makes a career baring decision one way or another.

Clubs aren't stupid either; they don't take a managers word for it when asking what another club has offered. C'mon this is professional sport. Can you imagine DCE's manager walking up to Penn and blurting out "Broncs are offering a mill, what can you do?" To which Penn replies "1.1". This isn't the school playground.

silvertail said:

Start biting back Manly!

Back in 2005, Craig Bellamy admitted Melbourne deliberately made false bids to keep Orford knowing they were gonna jack up the price for us. All along they wanted Cronk to replace Orford.

Ramrod said:
silvertail said:

Start biting back Manly!

Back in 2005, Craig Bellamy admitted Melbourne deliberately made false bids to keep Orford knowing they were gonna jack up the price for us. All along they wanted Cronk to replace Orford.

Dogs did it to Mortimer and the Eels as well back in 2009

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6