• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Today's Herald has Cuthbertson bemoaning that he was "held back" at Manly.  I wonder if it occurs to him that if he didn't throw dumb pop passes 15 minutes out from his own tryline and concede 4 flop penalties in his 15 minutes of game time he might have been given more opportunity?

The photo attached to the article shows off his rather adequate second chin.  Enjoy Sharks fans.

(Post club disloyalty is something I can't abhor).

In other Cronulla associated news, I see they have released that Ian Donnely, he of the perfect body for Rugby League with the heart of a mosquito.  Perhaps he could have a chat to Cuthbertson about what Group 11 rugby league is like for people with talent but no brains or heart?

I don't think Cuthbo is a loss we'll rue. He played well in patches, but inconsistency and defensive lapses made him frustrating at times. Would have be nice if he stuck around but I wish him the best. If he can get some mongrel into his game and become more judicious with his offload than he'll be a good buy for the Sharks.

He and the sharks are headed for the wooden spoon, only they don't know it yet.  I hate disloyalty also and Cuthbo should have kept his mouth closed and sucked it up.  He was given enough time to show his wares at Manly and they were just not on display for any length of time.  He looked good in lower grades, but failed to deliver in superior company.  He alwasy looked a little out of his depth.  Maybe that atrocious  send-off in Canberra didn't help.   

Cronulla have a habit of bending over for backrowers that offload the ball alot... gallen, tupou, cuthbertson, bird etc.... It's all well and good getting second phase going but they need to learn to use it more wisely. The more offloads the more chance of an error.

Nutzcraw link said:
Cronulla have a habit of bending over for backrowers that offload the ball alot... gallen, tupou, cuthbertson, bird etc.... It's all well and good getting second phase going but they need to learn to use it more wisely. The more offloads the more chance of an error.

You still need players to create second phase play though, and be unpredictable. Good players that do it, or have done it at our club have been Ben Kennedy, is currently George Rose etc.

I hope he plays wing for the Sharks

Well Ryan, it looks like he has made it as a w(h)inger after all.

Judicious second phase play is a great weapon but the Sharks go for frenetic offloads that rarely have a positive net result.
Cuthbo will fit the bill nicely.

Speaking of our ex-talent making it big at the Sharks, whatever happened to Steppa and his pathological brother, the Fonz?

The last gem I saw from Fonz was that Steppa was going to be the prototype of the new age 2nd rower. 

Matabele link said:
Speaking of our ex-talent making it big at the Sharks, whatever happened to Steppa and his pathological brother, the Fonz?

Steppa played last season for Towoomba in the QLD cup... in the front row.

As for the Fonz, he is still kicking around the Mid North Coast of NSW, just now without internet privileges.

DSM5 link said:
He and the sharks are headed for the wooden spoon, only they don't know it yet.  I hate disloyalty also and Cuthbo should have kept his mouth closed and sucked it up.  He was given enough time to show his wares at Manly and they were just not on display for any length of time.  He looked good in lower grades, but failed to deliver in superior company.  He alwasy looked a little out of his depth.  Maybe that atrocious  send-off in Canberra didn't help.   

Interesting. And here it was I heard from your very own fingers that you have ONLY criticized Ox and Zorba......veeeeeeery interesting...

Ryan, I didn't constantly bag Cuthbo.  He wasn't on the field long enough.  When he was given a few games,  he just never measured up to deliver the consistent game that Des required.    I know you carried the torch for Orford and was sad to see him go, but you must agree, his form in 09 was terrible and I guess the club agreed with me.  I guess from your perspective some mild criticism is called  'constant bagging'.

Spuds Bodyguard link said:
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=182401.msg251248#msg251248 date=1265581676]
So the Fonz has \"jumped the sharks\"??

Still firmly a Manly fan
[/quote] I find that hard to believe.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Spuds Bodyguard link=topic=182401.msg251268#msg251268 date=1265610097]
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=182401.msg251248#msg251248 date=1265581676]
So the Fonz has \"jumped the sharks\"??

Still firmly a Manly fan
[/quote] I find that hard to believe.
[/quote]

Sometimes the online persona doesn't always reflect reality :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8