DT at it again...this time it's Zorba

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WAMF

Bencher
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-official-peter-peters-good-sort-gaffe-involving-sky-news-reporter-megan-barnard/story-e6frexnr-1226127104649

Manly official Peter Peters' `good sort' gaffe involving Sky News reporter Megan Barnard

THE Manly Sea Eagles can add a sexist scandal to their judiciary woes - with a senior official apologising for calling a Sky News reporter 'a good sort'.

The club's longtime media manager Peter Peters made the comment last night as the Manly contingent left the NRL judiciary - and the embarrassing footage is now being broadcast by Sky News.

As Sky News sports reporter Megan Barnard asked Glenn Stewart whether he was happy to have been given an adjournment, the only response came from Peters.

Twice the former player, broadcaster and Manly Sea Eagles stalwart said: ``You're a good sort''.

Barnard is a senior figure on the Sky News sports team and Peters today apologised.

“It was at the end of a heavy day with all the legal drama and it was a stupid thing to say,'' he said.

“She was following us but our guys weren’t allowed to comment so I’ve said something silly that I now regret.

“I’m trying to get Megan’s phone number to apologise.

“I’m not a sexist person and I work alongside a lot of women in my job at Manly.

“I’m a grandfather for god’s sake.

“Megan is an attractive young lady but more importantly she’s a very good journalist.

“Again, I’m sorry.”

WAMF said:
“I’m trying to get Megan’s phone number

LOL..... go Zorba

I could get a job at News Ltd the way I edited and twisted that comment

These papers go for any story - if she's a good sort, she's a good sort. Theres no girl i have met thats insulted by being called a good sort - a bushpig, sloth or ugly slag maybe but a good sort ???
;)

It was a stupid thing by Zorba, she may well be a good sort, but in the PC world we live in today, saying that in front of the media whilst representing your employer is just plain stupid.

As an example I wouldn't say that to a girl whilst representing my emplaoyer eg. at work, unless we were friends and there was an understanding of what comments are o.k. I'm assuming Zorba wasn't friends with this girl.

If it's between mates, or socially at the pub etc., then it's a different story, but at that point in front of the media he was representing his employer. Poor form.

Yep another Zorba gaffe. Stupid comment to make, regardless of whether she is a good sort or not. What would have been wrong with a simple "no comment" ?

She's not a bad sort at all. Zorba is 100% right. She puts on a deep voice for the cameras but I bet she prrr's in the sack.
Hang on, can I say that?

Kiwi Eagle said:
This world is becoming a sad place these days

Spot on KE.

You can't even compliment someone these days, it’s an absolute joke.

Megan is a very attractive young lady or good sort as PP put it, there is no harm in stating it. Minority groups again influence our behaviour. I for one would never frown if I was called a good sort, I would be tickled pink.

But then again on Sky news sportsline Megan Bernard was calling for Gifty to be outed for 8 to 9 weeks so in my opinion she is rather clueless in her trade of sports journalism or purely just toeing the News Ltd line.

More breaking news coming in that Steve Matai just drove through a roundabout and didn't indicate when he turned left.

lloydy said:
More breaking news coming in that Steve Matai just drove through a roundabout and didn't indicate when he turned left.

Not guilty. He might not have used his indicator but he did have Slater on his mind so stuck out a stiff arm. This signalled his direction.

Why dont they slap us with another 50g fine. **** me get a life ****ing media wankers.

Jatz Crackers said:
lloydy said:

Not guilty. He might not have used his indicator but he did have Slater on his mind so stuck out a stiff arm. This signalled his direction.

At least Matai managed to drive around the round about and not through it.

Jatz Crackers said:
lloydy said:

In more bad news for the Sea eagles my sources tell me that 2 of the teams younger players, Jamie Buhrer and Dean Whare just had breakfast at Mcdoanlds and they left their tray's on the table, things are really looking bad for the northern beaches club.

lloydy said:
In more bad news for the Sea eagles my sources tell me that 2 of the teams younger players, Jamie Buhrer and Dean Whare just had breakfast at Mcdoanlds and they left their tray's on the table, things are really looking bad for the northern beaches club.

Not guilty. Buhrer & Whare are accutely aware of rising unemployment and were considerate in their actions to not adversely effect the employment of the McDonalds staff tasked with keeping the premises clean.

Buhrer & Whare = :angel:

WAMF said:
The DT says Bhurer and Whare are expected to be charged with Grade 3 messy eating.

Not guilty. The spread of food was not only contained within the confines of the food trays but was a necessary course of action in the search to find nutritional value in the food.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6