Driving down the price...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
Does anyone know when TV rights negotiations will start for the next agreement?

From memory, the rights cost $1.8bn for 5 years (starting in 2016) so I assume it is still a year or so before negotiations start.

I just cannot see the game achieving the same kind of viewership in the next 12 months after this ridiculous off season. The game (read: product) is suffering. People are walking away. and that ultimately means less revenue, and a cheaper price for FOX in future.

The NRL are killing the sport, and the players sure aren't helping either... its sad really. If the NRL aren't careful, they will end up like Australian Basketball and Rugby union

Does anyone know when TV rights negotiations will start for the next agreement?

From memory, the rights cost $1.8bn for 5 years (starting in 2016) so I assume it is still a year or so before negotiations start.

I just cannot see the game achieving the same kind of viewership in the next 12 months after this ridiculous off season. The game (read: product) is suffering. People are walking away. and that ultimately means less revenue, and a cheaper price for FOX in future.

The NRL are killing the sport, and the players sure aren't helping either... its sad really. If the NRL aren't careful, they will end up like Australian Basketball and Rugby union

I doubt it, the game's very resilient , I would get rid of Foxtel in a heartbeat if it didn't have the NRL, don't like any other sport.
Channel 7 and TEN, especially now being owned by CBS would jump at the chance to take over from 9

I doubt it, the game's very resilient , I would get rid of Foxtel in a heartbeat if it didn't have the NRL, don't like any other sport.
Channel 7 and TEN, especially now being owned by CBS would jump at the chance to take over from 9

Maybe THEY are the ones pushing the agenda to drive the price down! Who knows.

I can't imagine a business can be this poorly run without something working in the background???

I thought the current deal finished at the end of 2022.

If so now is the time to start planning for 2 new teams (Brisbane + Perth) to push the price well over $2 billion.
Leave it much longer and it doesn't allow time to expand until 2028 and by than the horse has bolted.

I would have thought that 10 now being owned by CBS would be a real player in the sporting market but then they lose the big bash.
The next deal negotiated will be interesting.
One thing is a gold plated guarantee though.
The NRL will cock it up...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7