Downtime - Apologies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Well the irony is that without having a say in it we were moved to a new server which should have had better performance and stability.

It ended up with the site going down for 5 hours and the loss of data the other day. Unfortunately that is the straw that broke the camels back. I am looking for a new host, and i am sure many of you will be happy to know the new host I am looking for will be an Australian host, which means for the majority of people here, you should see an increase in speed of the site.

Whilst the site operates fairly quickly it is apparent to me it doesnt run fast enough and I am sure that most will agree.

An Australian host means that we qill be serving data locally and instead of having to send your request to the US and then have that responded to here, your request will go to a local server (likely in brisbane) and then straight to you.

The Tipping competition money will cover this and hopefully going forward the same will be true each year. It's high time now we have a professional site, that we have a professional service to go with it.

Sorry again for the inconvenience, it is unacceptable and I am livid with the host and how they have handled themselves the last few days. They will suffice for my other site but no longer for silvertails.

Cheers
Dan

sure but the speed of site is far from desired

and thank you.

Canteen Worker link said:
All good here Dan - speed has been good so no complaints. It was all drivel that was lost except my brilliant wit!!!

If this is an example of your wit then brilliant is not a word I would use

missing_something link said:
I have a fair amout of reseller space with ilisys - this may be an option for you.

That is a generous offer, however Silvertails is a fairly large site. The database and site consume about 1GB of space (probably a bit less, but will expand over the next few years), in bandwidth we use between 15 - 30GB a month.

Let me know the price mate, because I am still interested.

Dan

I blame DSM5 for this and apparently he is blaming orford for the lack of speed and server stability here ;) (jokes)

seriously dan if u say the sites gonna get quicker i cant wait because atm it doesnt seem overly slow to me.
the only time i find it slowish is when u go from front page to forum once here its seems as quick as most forums.

Dan link said:

and thank you.
I have found the speed ok except today it is hopeless (unless it is just me) Sorry, unless it is just me  :(

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180197.msg220261#msg220261 date=1240399954]

and thank you.
I have found the speed ok except today it is hopeless (unless it is just me) Sorry, unless it is just me  :(

[/quote]

Actually, I've found the speed of the site today to be very good (for getting other jobs done while waiting for the refresh).

i read the one in brackets there :)

I am working on migrating us it's just a pain in the ass to do

Dan link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=180197.msg220267#msg220267 date=1240417572]
I have a fair amout of reseller space with ilisys - this may be an option for you.

That is a generous offer, however Silvertails is a fairly large site. The database and site consume about 1GB of space (probably a bit less, but will expand over the next few years), in bandwidth we use between 15 - 30GB a month.

Let me know the price mate, because I am still interested.

Dan
[/quote]

I need to audit what I have avaiable and juggle around some VPS clients on another service - all needs to be done in the next day or so - So let me work out what I have exactly and see what I can offer it for.

thanks mate. At the moment I am looking at moving onto Zep's hosting account later today. Once that is done we will be in a better state at least for a while anyway. So we have a little time

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4